Getting frustrated with WOH

HataHata Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
Okay. Let's start here.

Lineup. 

Upgrades. 

Weekend Royale, I cycled 8 times this past weekend. Never got that stuck. 
Then Mondays come along. 
Hop on immediately, get to 5.7 in all of 10/15 minutes. 
Then proceed to be stuck there for the following 5+ hours.

Do I NEED to have more guys at D10? Do I NEED to start leveling up the hitting upgrades?
Royale I seem to do fine. Not crazy like some guys. But I can cycle enough to still be able to be motivated. Just enough success to keep grinding. 
Then Monday comes along and just fists my soul.

Am I just venting?
Seeing the guys talking about cycling 50 times this past weekend. What am I doing wrong? 

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,471 Posts
    You have 1 capped bat, 3 higher than D5 and only 1 of those 3 with WoH quality skills. Case closed.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    My frustration lies in the "Oops...restart" crap that happens after beating the 10th batter of a level.  How come I never see that after playing anything other than WoH and more importantly why hasn't it been fixed since 19?
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    The final four pitchers in the weekend royale had stuff ratings of 223,241,249,255, as compared to 264,255,276,281 for today's HOF - so 5.7 today should be harder to beat than any pitcher you saw over the weekend.  WOH usually comes down to math - you need as high a hit rating as possible to beat the top dogs and the higher the pitcher's stuff rating is, the better your batters need to be to win consistently.  For what its worth, I've been using Bichette on 5.9 of HOF with a high success rate, but he's at D10, 8/8 skills and my WOH relevant team upgrades (hitting coach/trainer/clutch) are at 100/100/84.    
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 445 Posts
    IMO you went diamond too soon.  Lacking the proper resources.  My advice is to slow play like a mofo for a couple weeks to stockpile cash and xp. Are you VIP? This weeks gifts should help you if you are.  That's not a great HOF lineup.  But that's just my stupid opinion. 
  • HataHata Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    Appreciate the constructive advice.

I knew I went Diamond too early. Been trying to grind it out to respectability. I'm coming to the conclusion I need a bit of a major overhaul considering WOH is my favourite mode.
    Yes I am VIP. I think where I **** up was I paid out the nose with resources to move Marte to D10 at the beginning of June with those VIP gifts.  When at the time I should have focused on Bichette and Freeman and/or my keepers Brett and Piazza, guys with WOH specific skills.

Time to continue the on-the-fly rebuild. Good thing I'm not opposed to a grind.
  • uwjnhaduihduiowauwjnhaduihduiowa Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    Hata said:
    Appreciate the constructive advice.

I knew I went Diamond too early. Been trying to grind it out to respectability. I'm coming to the conclusion I need a bit of a major overhaul considering WOH is my favourite mode.
    Yes I am VIP. I think where I **** up was I paid out the nose with resources to move Marte to D10 at the beginning of June with those VIP gifts.  When at the time I should have focused on Bichette and Freeman and/or my keepers Brett and Piazza, guys with WOH specific skills.

Time to continue the on-the-fly rebuild. Good thing I'm not opposed to a grind.
    I believe you should hold off on leveling your keepers until you can cycle. Once you can consistently cycle, use the repull xps to upgrade your keeprers.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    @Hata - do you have a solo CVC club?  I've seen a bunch of guys rebuild their WOH roster in a single event by blowing a lot of gold, winning CVC matches and leveraging the power of repulls to cap 5-6 batters all at once.  My advice would be to build up enough resources to hit one box really hard - video grind or D6 cycle to build up your gold supply, whatever you prefer.    
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 1,783 Posts
    @Hata - do you have a solo CVC club?  I've seen a bunch of guys rebuild their WOH roster in a single event by blowing a lot of gold, winning CVC matches and leveraging the power of repulls to cap 5-6 batters all at once.  My advice would be to build up enough resources to hit one box really hard - video grind or D6 cycle to build up your gold supply, whatever you prefer.    
    If this happens to be the first post you read on this board, you’d think it was another language.

“Stop being a Debbie Downer, grow a sack and go Plat”, MoenPDC

I do have a secondary club, however, it's at a low tier. Need to do a better job at leveling it.

I know I'm in for a grind, which I'm okay with. Grinding videos as we speak. (At D4 so not at cycling D6 for gold yet.)

Pulled Wong a few moments ago.
    So I know as of right now, moving forward, my WOH roster is going to rely on getting Bichette and Freeman to D10 (This will be helped immensely by the VIP rewards this friday). Leveling Wong up as fast as I can and continuing to build from there.
    The way I look at my roster, I'm moving towards focusing on getting Freeman and Bichette to D10 asap. Combine those 2 with Marte already at D10 and Bote at D8.
    I figure if I can achieve that and have 4 D10's and 2 of them having WOH specific closing skills by the end of this coming weekend, I will have something that can cycle multiple times next monday, hopefully cap Brett with that and continue the rebuild. If I grind properly I figure I can get it done in a week.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Hata said:
    I do have a secondary club, however, it's at a low tier. Need to do a better job at leveling it.

I know I'm in for a grind, which I'm okay with. Grinding videos as we speak. (At D4 so not at cycling D6 for gold yet.)

So I know as of right now, moving forward, my WOH roster is going to rely on getting Bichette and Freeman to D10 (This will be helped immensely by the VIP rewards this friday). Leveling Wong up as fast as I can and continuing to build from there.
    The way I look at my roster, I'm moving towards focusing on getting Freeman and Bichette to D10 asap. Combine those 2 with Marte already at D10 and Bote at D8.
    I figure if I can achieve that and have 4 D10's and 2 of them having WOH specific closing skills by the end of this coming weekend, I will have something that can cycle multiple times next monday, hopefully cap Brett with that and continue the rebuild. If I grind properly I figure I can get it done in a week.
    I’m confused by the “grinding videos” comment. You said you were diamond, which means there’s a better ROI by using your time to smash BGs and tourneys. 
  • uwjnhaduihduiowauwjnhaduihduiowa Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    I would get kepler done way before working on wong
    Bearmeat said:
    Hata said:

I’m confused by the “grinding videos” comment. You said you were diamond, which means there’s a better ROI by using your time to smash BGs and tourneys. 

So......just had a moment.
    Definitely never put one and one together on the rewards for tourneys being so many bonus games.....your comment literally just hit me hard.
    Holy **** the hours I have wasted watching videos since going Diamond.........
    (This is my first time going DIamond and I just never connected the tourney/bg thing. It never entered my mindset prior to this year)

This literally just changed EVERYTHING for me lol.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 4,805 Posts
    Hata said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Hata said:

So......just had a moment.
    Definitely never put one and one together on the rewards for tourneys being so many bonus games.....your comment literally just hit me hard.
    Holy **** the hours I have wasted watching videos since going Diamond.........
    (This is my first time going DIamond and I just never connected the tourney/bg thing. It never entered my mindset prior to this year)

This literally just changed EVERYTHING for me lol.
    Imo, you're not ready to grind tourneys/bgs. Bgs from bonus games have definitely been nerfed and it's important to be efficient. In particular, you'll almost certainly bleed cash when attempting tourneys. For the time being, I would focus on royale WoH(try to join a stat bonus club for royale weekend) and videos to accumulate resources. Once you cap more bats and at least one ace, you'll have a much easier time grinding games for gold. 
    Mi casa es su casa...except during cvc. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    @Hata I can second what @DFBB just said about grinding tourneys at diamond. While it’s a great resource, it is also difficult to win them when your team isn’t ready and is a quick way to bleed cash and not stack wins/tourney boxes. Hitters matter, but pitching does to for tourneys. I’d cap a reliever and multiple SP in my opinion. I would also agree find a stat boost club for a weekend royale and be prepared to spend a lot of time playing, in talking 30-40 cycles minimum and you can easily build up resources fast to cap multiple players. Most important thing for me when going diamond is to not waste resources partially leveling players. Wait until you have the resources and just cap a player. 
    It's funny how quickly things can change.
    I'm decent at Bash, so in the gold club I'm in I'm taking 2 boxes each match.
    Played a bunch of BGs last night/this morning combined with Tourneys.
    Pulled Contreras maybe 10 times over the last 48 hours (not even the guy I wanted, only pulled Wong once, but that repull xp is nice from Contreras). Got him up to Diamond 8. With the repull xp I have Bichette at Diamond 9 now, Freeman at Diamond 8. Levelled up some pitching with a D9, D6, D4, D1(prime) pitching (and a P6 keeper pitcher). Things looking quite different already.

Also, appreciate the advice/warning.
    I do go up against guys with way higher TS than me occasionally, however, I don't seem to have nearly the same matchmaking issue as some guys (maybe lucky?). For those guys, an ice wrap and I bring in Morton at 342 (I know, I know get him capped) and he holds his own against most of the top guys and pulls out wins.
    Tourneys, I win 9 out of every 10 tourneys I go in. BGs I am winning at about 95%.
    I'm not completely at 100% in regard to efficiency. However I seem to be at a spot where I can crush BGs and Tourneys at least 3-4 days a week I figure while using Royale days to cycle woh and restock some resources.

A strategy tweak, a good 48 hours of repull luck and things already feeling quite different.