Getting the message, GLU?

10feettall10feettall Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
Dear GLU 
I know that I speak for a lot of people when I say that you’ve gone too far. Look - you’re here to make money. We’re here to have fun.  And for years, we’ve all been able to get our fair share out of this relationship. But lately it’s costing more and more money for less and less fun and satisfaction. Increasingly, your customers are seeing you as greedy and dishonest. Not a great look. 
 A lot of us are spending much less now because we’re fed up and tired of feeling ripped off, cheated. 
I’m talking about sub-par bonus players that are not worth leveling or keeping; BS odds on boxes; Rigged competitions.... the list goes on. 
It’s time for you to bring some value back into this equation. If not, you can be sure to lose a lot of future business.
Thanks for your consideration. 

Comments

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    As I've said to anybody with complaints, I'm glad you're complaining, it shows you care. 

I bring these same kinds of messages up to the devs over and over (and I'm copying and pasting this one to my report as I write this), but like they'll tell me -- what are some of your ideas ideas?  In all fairness, you're hinting at stuff.  But if you're going to criticize, why not talk about what you want?  Now, as we all know, not all ideas are acted upon.  MLB Tap Sports Baseball '20 is the culmination of gameplay, research and ideas brought from players and game developers since the series got its start in 2014.  Developers aren't going to put something in there just because it's the flavor of the month.  Everything needs reasoning and testing.

"It's not fun" and "I got cheated" doesn't help anybody.  You're playing a freemium game.
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    I got an easy one for you, how about putting the pitcher arm on woh, so I don't have to look around for a chart that constantly needs to be updated 
  • luvleggsluvleggs Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    As I've said to anybody with complaints, I'm glad you're complaining, it shows you care. 

I bring these same kinds of messages up to the devs over and over (and I'm copying and pasting this one to my report as I write this), but like they'll tell me -- what are some of your ideas ideas?  In all fairness, you're hinting at stuff.  But if you're going to criticize, why not talk about what you want?  Now, as we all know, not all ideas are acted upon.  MLB Tap Sports Baseball '20 is the culmination of gameplay, research and ideas brought from players and game developers since the series got its start in 2014.  Developers aren't going to put something in there just because it's the flavor of the month.  Everything needs reasoning and testing.

"It's not fun" and "I got cheated" doesn't help anybody.  You're playing a freemium game.
    Okay, you want ideas?  Here goes. 

1) fix the memory leak that causes your app to reboot every 15 minutes or so

2) Fix however you interact and respond to inactions with whoever you're using for video content so that either  a) if the content doesn't play the player doesn't lose the option to watch a video and continue or  b) once the player watches the video or spends the gold and expects a reward of gold/continuing again/ etc.  that the actual award is delivered and the player doesn't get stuck with the option of ponying a larger amount of gold or exiting when they are on the last player on the last level of WOH 

3) When the player sends you screenshots in VIP support (this is a joke right?) read the message, don't blame the player who has doled out hundreds of dollars to make their team better of using a VPN while in the US which is literally the stupidest thing I've heard claim they are using third party apps or that they have jailbroken their device. 

4) Don't change the algorithm without testing in a non-live situation first, ie: changing how matchups are decided when a player who has been averaging 300+ game winning streaks as a platinum elite all of a sudden is going from being matched to pitchers with 250-270 and 60-100k teams to all of sudden being set up to fail by matching up to teams with the pitcher being 400 and the team at 150k minimum as you did this week causing that player to barely win 20% of their bonus games (and yes there are dozens of people who have contacted VIP support for this issue and everyone on my club) then to expect a box as a gift for a maintenance block to revert it to be a worthy solution. 

If you're going to do right, refund the people who spent money thinking they have hit a leveling issue and need more upgrades.   

I have sent literally dozens of messages to them and there are a 100 or so people who complain about the same issues in other forums so like yeah, me the one on the new phone with no other apps running because your app constantly reboots mid-play to the point that no other apps can run and has a fully stable 1gb connection and rock solid wifi to the point where everything else but your app works fine.   Yeah, blame me.   

Essentially point 3 is get your app stable and your support staff to actually deal with the issues and be upfront and proactive in dealing with the multitude of problems you have and stop blaming the video content providers and your players, we are literally the people who pay your wages. 

Once you get that sorted we can get to the other stuff
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I think your confused @luvleggs, he meant ideas on how they can get more money from the suckers.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • luvleggsluvleggs Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    whynot said:
    I think your confused @luvleggs, he meant ideas on how they can get more money from the suckers.
    Ohhhhhh.... yeah that makes way more sense 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    luvleggs said:

Okay, you want ideas?  Here goes. 

1) fix the memory leak that causes your app to reboot every 15 minutes or so

2) Fix however you interact and respond to inactions with whoever you're using for video content so that either  a) if the content doesn't play the player doesn't lose the option to watch a video and continue or  b) once the player watches the video or spends the gold and expects a reward of gold/continuing again/ etc.  that the actual award is delivered and the player doesn't get stuck with the option of ponying a larger amount of gold or exiting when they are on the last player on the last level of WOH 

3) When the player sends you screenshots in VIP support (this is a joke right?) read the message, don't blame the player who has doled out hundreds of dollars to make their team better of using a VPN while in the US which is literally the stupidest thing I've heard claim they are using third party apps or that they have jailbroken their device. 

4) Don't change the algorithm without testing in a non-live situation first, ie: changing how matchups are decided when a player who has been averaging 300+ game winning streaks as a platinum elite all of a sudden is going from being matched to pitchers with 250-270 and 60-100k teams to all of sudden being set up to fail by matching up to teams with the pitcher being 400 and the team at 150k minimum as you did this week causing that player to barely win 20% of their bonus games (and yes there are dozens of people who have contacted VIP support for this issue and everyone on my club) then to expect a box as a gift for a maintenance block to revert it to be a worthy solution. 

If you're going to do right, refund the people who spent money thinking they have hit a leveling issue and need more upgrades.   

I have sent literally dozens of messages to them and there are a 100 or so people who complain about the same issues in other forums so like yeah, me the one on the new phone with no other apps running because your app constantly reboots mid-play to the point that no other apps can run and has a fully stable 1gb connection and rock solid wifi to the point where everything else but your app works fine.   Yeah, blame me.   

Essentially point 3 is get your app stable and your support staff to actually deal with the issues and be upfront and proactive in dealing with the multitude of problems you have and stop blaming the video content providers and your players, we are literally the people who pay your wages. 

Once you get that sorted we can get to the other stuff
    This is exactly the kind of post I like to bring to the devs.  Perfect.
  • chironchiron Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    edited August 2020
    well I’ve got all these prime players now that are next to impossible to promote without tons of pxp and evos.  Boxes, gifts, specials all contain way too low pxp and almost no evo to speak of, doling out 5 and 7 at a time. Really?  I need like 120 evo to just get ONE of my players to the platinum level.  The boxes and specials are way too expensive for what you get. Odds are very low of getting the big payouts. I bought 25 evo boxes, of which 52 was the highest amount you could get. 52?  C’mon. I didn’t get one single 52 out of 25 chances. Ridiculous. I say eliminate the evos altogether. It’s bad enough to struggle getting enough pxp without dealing with evos. Also, bump those pvp payouts WAY, WAY up. Starting at 1000 and going up by 10’s to a top payout of 100,000 or higher. I enjoy this game and play a lot but my frustration of trying to build a good team is becoming too much to pay for.