Why no gloves for WOH

samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
Does anyone know why you don’t get gloves for playing WOH? It’s the only mode of the game that counts toward Club points that does not give out gloves for playing. 

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    You get 25 in a round from Slugfest, which is also free to play manually. You could play that all day too. So I reject that argument.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    cause if it gave gloves i would be able to get a club from bronze to platinum in a day's work
    This is the answer.  Many, many players cycle WOH many times each Monday/Royale, so giving gloves for every round would be considered giving resources.  GLU has made it very clear that choking resources is a key component of their model, so it makes no sense, from that perspective.

SF is tedious, and most players don't cycle multiple times.  Also, the SF rewards are comparatively pitiful, so giving gloves there, at least provides a (very) small incentive to play it.
    You get 5 gloves for a Prime game, which is also free to play and takes about 10 seconds, and you can play hundreds of them over a weekend.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Prime games are free, 6 at a time with video (roughly 6 per hour-ish), so if I'm awake 16 hours Fri, 16 hours Sat, 16 hours Sun and do nothing but play prime games all day & night in my spare time then I can get about 300 over an entire weekend, which is 1500 gloves, so essentially nothing.
    1500 more than you get for a day of playing WOH.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Currently, if you want to level a solo club to diamond, there are 3 basic ways:

1)buy it via gifts or other methods
    2)rely on charity/help from others
    3)go diamond 

#1 or #2 isn’t my style. In particular, possibly my biggest motivation to go diamond is that I refuse to be reliant on others. 
    I don’t know why it’s currently set up to exclude gloves, but for the reasons mentioned above, I don’t see a change coming any time soon. Or at all. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Not true, @DFBB asked me for a 300k glove loan about 2 months ago and he hasn't repaid the debt yet. Don't trust everything you read on the internet,
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    samtheman said:
    1500 more than you get for a day of playing WOH.
    48.5k less than a day of woh if i were to get gloves from woh
    Which is exactly what they don't want.
    Just no.  
    dkarski87 said:
    Not true, @DFBB asked me for a 300k glove loan about 2 months ago and he hasn't repaid the debt yet. Don't trust everything you read on the internet,
    But if the internet lies, what is there left to believe in?  Sigh...

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I'll send stickers to anyone who would help me level up a silver club to platinum. Would that work? I know that would pique @retirepujols interest. Any other fellow sticker fans out there?

I was waiting on you to post something I could use this for, @BigBibbins333...
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    samtheman said:
    You get 25 in a round from Slugfest, which is also free to play manually. You could play that all day too. So I reject that argument.
    You also only get a meager amount of cash from playing a Slugfest round, not the decent round reward that you get from WOH.