Options

Really worth it leveling prime pitchers?

trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
edited August 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I am trying to decide if its worth leveling my prime pitchers (prime Otani and prime Nola), and would like to hear the board's opinion. 
As a F2P player at platinum tier, its not cheap to level prime players and takes significant saving of PXP and Evo. I have been saving PXP for MONTHS, and prior to the last few days, I was using a full BXP lineup. I got incredibly lucky with pulls all this week, and was able to level the following primes 420-440 level primes to P10: Judge, Cron, Odor, Ramirez, Tatis, and Cruz. At the other 3 spots in the lineup, I have P10 keepers who are now 414, Bench and Ruth, and my 414 legend at DH. At pitcher, I have keeper Cy Young as my ace (414 with the bump), then 365/360/355 BXP pitchers.

I have enough PXP/evo to level just one more prime. Is it worth leveling Otani, or should I save it for another prime batter (assuming my luck continues this weekend)? I truly believe that pitchers do not make any difference in this game as long as they are decent (ie. there is no difference between a 350 and 435 pitcher).

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you're on any type of budget, I'd pass. Below diamond, prime pitchers are nothing more than eye candy. That said, Ohtani should be discounted later today and if it matters for you, he should be a great source of points.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    In your situation I say no. You really only need one leveled up starter if you have been playing the game and have a stash of ice wraps. Capped out Cy should be enough. Another leveled bat makes WOH that much easier.
  • Options
    trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you're on any type of budget, I'd pass. Below diamond, prime pitchers are nothing more than eye candy. That said, Ohtani should be discounted later today and if it matters for you, he should be a great source of points.
    Well, its a good thing I didn't level him, because I just pulled Soto on the third box
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I am trying to decide if its worth leveling my prime pitchers (prime Otani and prime Nola), and would like to hear the board's opinion. 
    As a F2P player at platinum tier, its not cheap to level prime players and takes significant saving of PXP and Evo. I have been saving PXP for MONTHS, and prior to the last few days, I was using a full BXP lineup. I got incredibly lucky with pulls all this week, and was able to level the following primes 420-440 level primes to P10: Judge, Cron, Odor, Ramirez, Tatis, and Cruz. At the other 3 spots in the lineup, I have P10 keepers who are now 414, Bench and Ruth, and my 414 legend at DH. At pitcher, I have keeper Cy Young as my ace (414 with the bump), then 365/360/355 BXP pitchers.

I have enough PXP/evo to level just one more prime. Is it worth leveling Otani, or should I save it for another prime batter (assuming my luck continues this weekend)? I truly believe that pitchers do not make any difference in this game as long as they are decent (ie. there is no difference between a 350 and 435 pitcher).

As F2P I have Wilhelm maxed and I leveled up Otani for points sake. I also leveled up Rodgers also because you never know when you will get into a tight game and need to close out a game, other than that I just have lower overall specialty 5 star pitchers. They do job just fine.