Prime Rank Rewards

DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts

Ok, so I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to working out the economics of anything, let alone within this game. I have been playing for four years now, and I still can’t figure out the in game economic sense in chasing a high prime rank. I see players putting up massive scores to get the top rank through large streaks, but surely you have to spend more than you get back to achieve such a high rating?? Am I missing something? Please enlighten me if I am.

Never fight a man with a perm

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    People like winning. Same could be said for the 5 days a week of prime/sprint events. The effort put in doesn’t equate to resources gained. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    You are not missing anything. It is a competition for who can give Glu the most money in a specified time period. And even better, Glu has bots in prime rankings to ensure that players must score a certain amount to achieve a certain rank. This is confirmed - look at the top ranked players in any prime competition, a few of them are sure to look out of place (low team strength, very low club sprint event high scores). Wouldn't be surprised if they use bots in every player game (prime, extra bases, etc.) and also at the club level rankings.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Ok, so I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to working out the economics of anything, let alone within this game. I have been playing for four years now, and I still can’t figure out the in game economic sense in chasing a high prime rank. I see players putting up massive scores to get the top rank through large streaks, but surely you have to spend more than you get back to achieve such a high rating?? Am I missing something? Please enlighten me if I am.

The ultimate ROI in any game is fun. That said, I often struggle with fun and roi too. A good example is how I use my tsb time. During extra bases and in particular, when bash is on, it can be very time consuming. Even if I get first place, the time 'lost' doing extra bases will NOT outweigh the resources I'd otherwise gain simply from running bonus games/tourneys. Case in point, this is why I do well in bash(Usually top 3 in EB). I'm not very good, but most of the top players are not willing to put in the time because they realize that it's more efficient to run bgs/tourneys. Anyways, I know you asked specifically about prime events, but the same logic can be applied. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts

Thanks all for your feedback. @DFBB, I agree with you regarding ROI being how much you enjoy the game, and I probably invest more time into EB and Bash then constantly grinding BGs and Tourneys (although I do this when required) because I enjoy the game play of EB and Bash more. My issue, or rather, confusion with the Prime Ranking is that you are basically paying more gold to get less gold. You pay to get a streak with gold and the gold return just is totally out of whack. Thanks @trojanmann999 for confirming I am not missing anything.  I think @bearmeat is right, some people just want to win, even if economically it is a loss- but then again maybe the glory that no one pays attention to is their ROI.

Never fight a man with a perm
  • BringinTheHeatBringinTheHeat Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    It definitely has to do with how you play the game. I guess some just like the thrill of the competition