Options

Relievers

KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
So I know this is a topic that is discussed often, but I’ve never quite known for sure. Where is the best spot in your lineup to put relievers? I pulled both Corbin Burnes and Burch Smith and plan on burning through a ton of BGs today, so I want to get the most use out of them as possible. I’d like for the game to prioritize Burnes obviously, then Burch right behind him. What have you guys found that works best?

Comments

• Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Rp1 would be my choice.  Never tried to do 2 pitchers before, maybe closer or setup fir the 2nd?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It depends on your starters. If your SP is good enough RP1 won’t come in, though you can get 3 innings from a top RP there. SM a good bet on getting an inning or two. Closer almost ensures he will enter but pitch 1 inning. 
  • Options
    EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    You might have to switch out your SPs also.  Most 5* starters will go 8-9 innings so you'd probably only get 1 inning out of your closer.  A weaker starter could go 5-6, then 2 IP from Burnes at RP1 and have Smith close it out.  Neither are SR so they may go 2 innings on autoplay.  I've also never tried to get 2 relievers in, but best of luck!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I’ve got good SPs, but as you can see I’m gold so I get shelled in BGs pretty frequently. Lol which should only work in my favor to get my relievers in.

I may try putting my worst starter, 370 Lamet, at ace and using ice wraps. If I find he is still pitching too late into games I’ll try putting in a scrub pitcher from a second round draft pick.
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Going to be tough at gold in bonus games so good luck!!!   Still sticking with rp1 and setup man.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    whynot said:
    Going to be tough at gold in bonus games so good luck!!!   Still sticking with rp1 and setup man.
    It’s going to be a lot of guess and check. I’m not worried about putting a dent in the winning % and burning through my pile of 3,000 BGs today. Lol such is life in gold.