Questions - related to moving up to Diamond

bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
Good morning.
I have a decent platinum squad 156k - and I am considering making the jump up into the Diamond Tier.

I am still stockpiling resources in order to make the jump as painless as possible...I need a little more bxp and pxp - but have plenty of cash, gold, evo...etc.
Related to the jump up - I have a few questions:

1) How many wins are required to move thru the various diamond tiers? Any recommendations on how many bonus games I should have stockpiled before making the jump? (Sitting on 2300 now....guessing I will be around 3000 about the time I'm ready to jump)

2) I want to be able to beat WOH from the get go when I jump to diamond. I plan on taking Keepers Honus Wagner (12/12 skills) and Jose Cruz (12/12 skills) and capping them right away. That gives me a closer from both sides of the plate. I should also have enough PXP to cap 4 primes....2 lefties and 2 righties...both with decent woh skillsets. The rest of my lineup will have to be 360/365 bxp players. Does this seem reasonable to beat diamond WOH? I've been slaying it at Platinum (but also have a full complement of capped primes)....I actually would like to think that Diamond should be easier - but would like some feedback there.

3) Pitching - Can I get away with capping one 350 bxp guy to use as my ace? Do I need 2? Or do I need to be bringing a prime starter with me...a 425+ guy?

4) Relief Pitching - I assume these guys can stay at P10? 

5) Related to #1 above - without a field pass - how long is it taking you guys to play thru the various diamond tiers? Are you guys pounding out 1 tier per day...or 1 every other day? Just curious about the time needed to make the gold....afterall that is the purpose for me jumping up to diamond - free gold.

thanks in advance for any helpful feedback/advice.

Comments

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Dear Bob_Dylan fan,

Thanks for your patience. I understand you have a dilemma.  I have forwarded your concern to our relevant team.  When they answer the question I will let you know.  Once again thanks for your patience.

Rasesh

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Good morning.
    I have a decent platinum squad 156k - and I am considering making the jump up into the Diamond Tier.

I am still stockpiling resources in order to make the jump as painless as possible...I need a little more bxp and pxp - but have plenty of cash, gold, evo...etc.
    Related to the jump up - I have a few questions:

1) How many wins are required to move thru the various diamond tiers? Any recommendations on how many bonus games I should have stockpiled before making the jump? (Sitting on 2300 now....guessing I will be around 3000 about the time I'm ready to jump)

2) I want to be able to beat WOH from the get go when I jump to diamond. I plan on taking Keepers Honus Wagner (12/12 skills) and Jose Cruz (12/12 skills) and capping them right away. That gives me a closer from both sides of the plate. I should also have enough PXP to cap 4 primes....2 lefties and 2 righties...both with decent woh skillsets. The rest of my lineup will have to be 360/365 bxp players. Does this seem reasonable to beat diamond WOH? I've been slaying it at Platinum (but also have a full complement of capped primes)....I actually would like to think that Diamond should be easier - but would like some feedback there.

3) Pitching - Can I get away with capping one 350 bxp guy to use as my ace? Do I need 2? Or do I need to be bringing a prime starter with me...a 425+ guy?

4) Relief Pitching - I assume these guys can stay at P10? 

5) Related to #1 above - without a field pass - how long is it taking you guys to play thru the various diamond tiers? Are you guys pounding out 1 tier per day...or 1 every other day? Just curious about the time needed to make the gold....afterall that is the purpose for me jumping up to diamond - free gold.

thanks in advance for any helpful feedback/advice.

1)I believe it's 500/600/800/ and 1k for d4-d6. 2300 bonus games are more than plenty. Ideally, you only play bonus games on bg day and royale. The rest of the the games should be tourneys.

2)It sounds like you have a lot of resources. Diamond WoH has been a joke all year and continues to be easy. Jump on a royale weekend and find a stat boost club. It's an absolute game changer and makes the transition as smooth as can be. If you have a gold stash, you can do a 'bulk' buy of the boxes and likely, come away with 3-4 capped primes while still maintaining some pxp for down the road.

3)On the initial jump, I highly advise shoring up your bats before moving on to pitching. Once you cap enough bats to make WoH easy, elite pitching will save you cash simply because you'll lose less often. I'd advise one ace and ideally, a good closer. You can get away with less and the situation you describe will work just fine, but you won't consistently beat the good teams without a reliable ace. Ultimately, it depends if you're okay with winning 97-98% of the time vs' 99-99.5% of the time. 

4)I strongly advise at least one good reliever at d10. Again, just depends on your expectations. Fwiw, the first 3 weeks or so, I had an all silver bullpen and I was 'fine.' It's definitely a luxury play.

5)The amount of time it takes to grind through games will depend on the type of phone you have. I use this year's SE model and I consistently get 6 games/min With FP. Without FP, it's not bad(about 5 games/min). 

quick notes:
    -don't invest in pitcher skills. they are cool, but they don't actually do anything beyond TS.
    -map out your box buys ahead of time. repulls are your best friend. similarly, adjust your spending around the FR tiers. 
    -being able to power cycle woh is huge early on. mondays are not ideal, but royale woh is a gold mine for early diamond teams.
    -prioritize the 'hitting' upgrade above all else. personally, I upgraded my team in this order: hitting coach, pitch coach, and pitch call. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    For prime hitters: I would go with 3 prime lefties given the current Royale WOH matchup. That 3rd lefty could be a mix of HH/ROB/LI to make it more versatile for Mondays. 

Are you upgrading My Legend as well?

I want to add that a great way to 'earn' cash is to level players with a big discount. You'd still get 100% of the balls, but the cash cost is reduced by whatever discount you have.
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    @DFBB - At diamond do you need players capped at d10 to beat woh?  I’ve been platinum for about a month and woh has been easy. Just wondering how many resources I would need to beat woh.
  • yankeenut23yankeenut23 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I had no problem at all moving up to diamond. Still win a decent amount of bgs 
    @DFBB - At diamond do you need players capped at d10 to beat woh?  I’ve been platinum for about a month and woh has been easy. Just wondering how many resources I would need to beat woh.
    You don't 'need' a capped team to beat WoH in diamond, but it makes things significantly smoother(esp your top bats). In particular, WoH in diamond is about 'power cycling;' it's not enough to cycle a few times. 
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    What's the best time/discount if you want to level all your team at once?
    We are all beta testers
  • yankeenut23yankeenut23 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I always level my players on fridays after getting the field pass
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    What's the best time/discount if you want to level all your team at once?
    You'll find various opinions on this, and I'll caveat that Diamond is a different animal than all other tiers.

But in my jump to Platinum, I waited for a pair of weekend boxes containing multiple guys I would level.  I want to level as many of the currently top tier guys vs older, behind the curve guys.

So with both weekend FP and a .3....You're leveling leading edge guys at .6.  And if you're only doing 2-4 guys from your current roster, the .3 for them isn't as painful.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’ll add that if you’re going to the bulk buying of boxes (great strategy), you should purchase the VIP subscription (assuming you’re VIP) that discounts the gold cost of buying boxes ($9.99/week), use it for the bulk buying, then cancel it.  An excellent boost to the bulk buying strategy and credit for the idea to @SandlotGuru
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    DFBB said:
    You don't 'need' a capped team to beat WoH in diamond, but it makes things significantly smoother(esp your top bats). In particular, WoH in diamond is about 'power cycling;' it's not enough to cycle a few times. 
    How about plat ? Do you need capped primes and/ or keepers ? My 120k gold team is struggling on Monday and just forget about scoring in bonus games or tournaments even when I win. Have enough resources with FP to either take keepers/ML to 12/12 and level a bunch of new primes to upgrade the gold team or jump to plat but not be able to cap everyone. Thanks. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Appreciate everyone that contributed feedback on this topic.
    I did my diamond jump over the royale weekend. Everything went very smoothly.
    I decided to invest in the full gamut of field passes (yes they worked without issues) and made the jump with a 40% discount.
    Initially I got 6 prime bats capped, 2 keeper bats capped, 2 starting bxp pitchers capped, and 1 bxp closer capped.
    Over the weekend I cycle capped Robles - and made enough extra pxp to cap a prime starting pitcher for my ace.
    Along the way - I also churned through enough bonus games to make it through the first 2 diamond tiers...and help my club to a top 10 finish in our bracket.
    While I did spent about 6 million in blue cash over the conversion - I think when all is said and done - I will come out with more blue cash than I started with due to all of the club boxes I'll be opening for the next 10 days. I think I generated around 7 million loyalty points - which is about 10 days worth of the 50 max club boxes per day.
    Anyways - thanks again for the input. See ya on the field.