Flipping BXP for cash

jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
Hey guys,
Now that we're getting to the point of the year where BXP is going to become (more) irrelevant, especially after the last round of POTM drop this week, I wanted to share a quick strategy for turning worthless BXP into valuable cash. My TSB strategy is to cluster my spending into one field pass weekend every 4-6 weeks, with this past weekend as my latest "buy" weekend. I started the weekend with 2.5M BXP and spent it all the way down to about 1M (wanted to save some for Sept. POTM) with the 60% leveling discount, which allowed me to generate around 600K balls that I will be converting into cash over the next week or two. With October having a royale every weekend, you can generate a lot of balls quickly with the weekend discount (ideally stacked with FP) by capping every weekend BXP player you get your hands on and then immediately trading them in once they hit D10 so you can do it over and over again. Royale is great for this strategy (especially with this particular box having two BXP players) because you can cheaply acquire BXP guys to "flip" repeatedly. After capping probably 30+ BXP guys this weekend, I went from 4.6M cash and no loyalty to 10.5M cash with 450k balls still remaining today. For those of us who don't always have FP, this is a really effective way to restock your cash if you have excess BXP.

Hope this is helpful. 

Comments

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Just to build on this - the cash outflow to level a BXP player from B1 to D10 is 438K, while the balls generated can be turned into roughly 1.4M cash via loyalty boxes (depending on club level), so you have a net cash profit of about 1M per player - not too shabby.  The tourney box in particular is a great source of disposable BXP players.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I’m the opposite. I NEED more BXP, need it for all the upgrades, so can I trade you guys cash for BXP? 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Can you come help me play blackjack in Vegas @rainman...... errrrr I mean @SandlotGuru
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I’m the opposite. I NEED more BXP, need it for all the upgrades, so can I trade you guys cash for BXP? 😎
    Amen to that! I'm also desperate need of bxp. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Just to build on this - the cash outflow to level a BXP player from B1 to D10 is 438K, while the balls generated can be turned into roughly 1.4M cash via loyalty boxes (depending on club level), so you have a net cash profit of about 1M per player - not too shabby.  The tourney box in particular is a great source of disposable BXP players.
    Sandlot

Do you know what this ratio is for Leveling to P10?
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Am I missing something ? The evos lost in these transactions . Or are you basing this on repulls ?
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Am I missing something ? The evos lost in these transactions . Or are you basing this on repulls ?
    Hey Ari, as a diamond player who evo hunts pretty frequently, I have more evo than I can use. You will get some evo back through loyalty boxes but this strategy is definitely geared towards players who need cash more than BXP and/or evo (primarily diamond players who have to play tournys). 
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Gotcha , I did forget about the evo hunting
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
     @TheFullMonte - with a 60% weekend discount, your cash outflow going B1-P10 is about 119K and the balls generated are worth about 389K, so net cash generation of about 270K.  With no discounts the net generation is only about 91K. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2020
    A big chunk of balls comes from evolving from tier to tier. I pay to hit gold and while that will produce fewer balls, my gold and evo cost is very little. Fwiw, I play a lot and even though I haven't done a club level up in about a month, my evo continues to climb. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.