What's your take on close skill?

GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
I find they are a one poney trick, they work great in Royale WOH but are a waste in BG, tournament, prime and CVC.
We are all beta testers

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It’s great for woh and h2h.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    edited October 2020
    The close skill is one I truly don’t know how to feel about. Sure, it’s great for WOH now, but I keep waiting for the day they change the run deficit in the final rounds to 4+. The fact they keep releasing this skill tells me it’s about to become useless. Hopefully I’m wrong.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    The close skill is one I truly don’t know how to feel about. Sure, it’s great for WOH now, but I keep waiting for the day they change the run deficit in the final rounds to 4+. The fact they keep releasing this skill tells me it’s about to become useless. Hopefully I’m wrong.
    Exactly my fear as well. All I know last year's Jackie Robinson when three down or less he was awesome but strictly below average 4 down or more. Close will become the prefect skill for middle to middle upper rounds.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Agree KC. All it takes is for them to bump the margin to a 1 run larger deficit combined with the already steady increase in pitcher ratings. Start rounds with no active skills and pretty soon you won't beat the RNG by a large enough amount to get a favorable pitch sequence & let the frustration begin. A 500 Legend with those skills become a 5.6-5.7 guy instead of what could be a current closer. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    One of my least favorite skills. Useless most of the time. And Glu is suddenly obsessed with it!
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Close and Rally are skills that I would definitely not upgrade on Legends and only on primes if I absolutely need it to win something.  As it was mentioned, all it takes is for you to be down 4 runs and it's worthless.
    KCTribe said:
    Down 4, with a man on base today at 5.10.
    DFBB said:
    KCTribe said:
    Not a good scenario to be in with rally or close skill. Like I said perfect skill for middle rounds. On the bright side I got Iglesias with double late innings yesterday. Can't wait to see how he performs.
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    They release a bunch of RISP then they change 5.7-5.10 with no runner on base. Then a bunch of Close and we are now down by 4 in 5.10...
    We are all beta testers
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I dont play H2H and woh is easy enough where leveling woh specific guys doesnt make sense to me.   So in summary not a fan of the skill
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    DFBB said:
    KCTribe said:
    Annnnnnnnd there it is. The old me would be infuriated. But I’m numb to Glu’s BS and saw this one coming a mile away.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Hopefully they don’t release the “Blizzard WOH” or wtf it was called where you were down 10 runs
    Fwiw, I got Foxx and I decided to level Erstad over him. I didn't need either one, but Erstad will be more fun for me. He's part of a set that I can reasonably get and I can't shake the WoH factor....even if it doesn't matter. lol