September POTM Players are nerfed!!!!!!!!!

2Next

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    It's Glu's version of 50%.... Skewed their way
  • FranksabinskiFranksabinski Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    It’s probably because of my wifi or background apps being open. I’m used to being ripped off on event boxes like we all are but this is supposed to be a coin flip odds box...19 50% boxes in two weeks is little excessive even for these scam artists! 
  • FranksabinskiFranksabinski Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Honestly, just wanted to share this unbelievable run of bad luck in hopes that maybe someone who’s debating dropping a few bucks on this garbage for the first time or who thinks spending more will help them out realize that even at posted 50% odds, it’s all rigged in GLUs Favour and instead of thinking you’ll gain an edge because the odds are better, that’s not even close to the truth and save your hard earned money! The whole thing a complete scam! 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Can also ask why do you keep playing a game that requires money. F2P doesn't exist in the game anymore, maybe if your silver and gold teams you can get away with it. But Plat and diamond teams require FP to play this game. This years game model is like it use to be in older versions, everything is $$$$$$. If you dont want to spend, get MLB THE SHOW, its much better.  lol
    Not even close. I’ve been at Diamond the past 2 years. I’ve never bought field pass and I have a blast playing the game. Based on the comments I read on her, I clearly enjoy the game a lot more than most people. And I never feel ripped off since I never spend. When the players in the boxes are ones I don’t like, I don’t buy them. I wait for the ones I like. If you have self control, playing for free can be done and you will have a lot more fun too.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited October 2020
    lol and you probably level 1 prime or legend a month, if that. Not knocking the way you want to play, but seems like you play a diff style then most. If you level without discount, it costs you approx 900k to cap players. You seem more like a casual, collecting fav cards type of player then someone who actually plays the game in the various events. Again, no right or wrong way to play the game. 
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    lol and you probably level 1 prime or legend a month, if that. Not knocking the way you want to play, but seems like you play a diff style then most. If you level without discount, it costs you approx 900k to cap players. You seem more like a casual, collecting fav cards type of player then someone who actually plays the game in the various events. Again, no right or wrong way to play the game. 
    You can still play every event and not compete for a top 100  world ranking or be in a club seeking a #1 finish. I play every event, am in a moderately competitive majors club, got a 200K+ TS, and am perfectly content with only buying stadium at the beginning of the year. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    xracman said:
    Basset so far at P10.  Not too shabby.  Easily best PoTM pitcher stats I’ve ever had.

On queue, Bassit gets blown up for 6 ER and 11 hits in a tournament championship game.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Legends, yes. Primes, it’s about 2 per week. I was sitting on about 2 million LXP before last weekend. It costs roughly a million LXP to upgrade, so I save it and wait for guys that are useful. I upgraded 2 this past week. As more LXP becomes available, I’ll upgrade more. As long as I’m doing well, I don’t have to get the latest player that’s 10 or 20 points better than a guy I have that’s killing it. I play every day and in most events score in the top 3 of my club. We get into the top 25 most events. We know we can’t compete with the main clubs, so we just shoot for the top 25. The rewards are good enough and for me it keeps me gaining resources. As I said, it just takes some self control. But if you aren’t patient and want all the players in the boxes, then you are probably right. You can’t play without spending.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats awesome man, jokes aside. Self-control is something that many dont have. (myself included).... lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Everyone has their own way of playing. But honestly, I don’t see how one could enjoy platinum/diamond without FP.  I really can’t. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited October 2020
    0-19 counting last weeks POTW, this weeks POTW and now POTM. They claim 50% pull rate? What a crock of shit! Just proves time and time again how much of a scam this is. 
    A few weeks ago, I chased the second player in the POTW box and got to about 18 boxes. I got the other player 7 or 8 times. The odds MAY be 50% to get a player but that definitely does not mean that there is an equal chance of pulling both. I now have a limit of 5 boxes. Got Kershaw in box 1 this week and stopped. 

As for the POTM, if Glu have decided I’m not getting a starter, then I won’t be getting one if I open 20 more boxes. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I admittedly had more self control last year than this year, as I jumped to VIP this year and really wasn't that close going into the year. COVID and having everything shut down here for months sucked me into spending on this game because my disposable income was nearly doubled.

Now that COVID is done I am going back to the patient approach as well while staying at Gold.

GLU DID take their greed up several notches for 2020 too. I think in the long run, this will be a mistake on their part.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Oh... yeah... Potm boxes... I remember them I used to love purchasing them when they had value 🥱 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think I’m gonna play this weekend so if anyone wants some free points.., hit me up 🤙 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Oh... yeah... Potm boxes... I remember them I used to love purchasing them when they had value 🥱 
    I assume this is sarcasm?
    2019: 1400 gold, 40% player odds, rarely weekend bonus (for discount), mostly meh ratings and skills
    2020: 750 gold, 50% player odds, weekend bonus weekend of release and other times, similar ratings/skills to 480 legends