Are CvC Win Boxes Useless Now For Everyone Else?

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm pretty much in a solo club, so I win probably close to 90% of my CvC matchups.  Up to about six weeks ago, CvC wins would yield some decent returns, especially the very last CvC round. (Funny how that happens, heh?).  Either way, I have not won a Prime player from a CvC win in going on six plus weeks now.  This is nuts.  Anyone else experiencing this?

I've won every CvC but one this weekend. It has been all BxP, and IF I get a player, it is the BxP guys. I finally hit a pity timer this morning on Tiger King boxes, and of course I got the worst Prime.  So glad I didn't drop gold this weekend from what I've been reading on Twitter, Global, and FB.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev13

Comments

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I mean, they’re the same odds as the regular boxes so just a bad rng run for you it sounds like. I doubt they’d go through the trouble of coding cvc boxes different than regular boxes and take on the business risk of posting inaccurate odds but i could be wrong. When you’re only getting 2 at a time it can feel like you always miss.

Hope you hit an rng hot streak soon!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I just got my 3rd Bogaerts from CvC and he's useless for me(still searching for Mike). In the 250g box, I got Mr. Kyle Farmer three times....all from CvC! lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Can’t remember when I last got a player from a cvc box unless it took me to the pity box. When the event started I was desperate to land Tauchman and told myself that I would go as far as landing Bell from the rewards to get him. 

Then I slept on the idea and saved myself 20k gold by not bothering. Maybe if they had dangled a carrot and given me hope of getting a return on gold spent I may have gone for it. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Finally got a Prime player from CvC with no pity timer!

It was LaFrance again. Lolololololol

This is becoming a bad joke.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    In the Line chats I’m in...nobody is pulling anything
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Finally got a Prime player from CvC with no pity timer!

It was LaFrance again. Lolololololol

This is becoming a bad joke.
    This CvC box thing is becoming a joke. It was once a good way to build a team especially for F2P players  Not so much anymore.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Guys, I think it’s just a bad weekend in general for boxes. Like Monte said, in the Line chats were in, it’s the same consensus throughout. 
    Bearmeat said:
    Guys, I think it’s just a bad weekend in general for boxes. Like Monte said, in the Line chats were in, it’s the same consensus throughout. 
    I’ll go out on a limb here and tell you that we see an EB event on Monday with weekend boxes, and you’ll see a large number of Legends being pulled.  

This is exactly what happened last weekend with Chipper, and people pulled him left and right on Monday.  That happens because they didn’t release the proper quantity of them over the weekend.  So they drop loaded boxes on Monday.
    I can’t wait for the WoH bonus sets to consist of the hardest player to pull from a weekend box a month ago, while they offer those boxes again for half price. This really is getting out of hand.

I can’t wait for the WoH bonus sets to consist of the hardest player to pull from a weekend box a month ago, while they offer those boxes again for half price. This really is getting out of hand.
    Improved customer retention tactics...
    Bearmeat said:
    Improved customer retention tactics...
    Thus far, all that seems to have meant is instituting a. Bunch of changes that are universally hated, and a vastly decreased competence from CS
    Lol I completely forgot about CS. I sort of wrote them off a few months ago. 
    Well someone is doing it, no doubt. Every Monday there’s a few clubs at 1B points within the first hour. They must spend a cool grand or more to have all that.

And the last three CvC wins yielded NOTHING. LOLOLOLOL

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I went the entire weekend and did not get ONE single bonus guy for bonus games.  Not ONE..pity timer went through 2 times..
    dumb as hell.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    2020KC said:
    I went the entire weekend and did not get ONE single bonus guy for bonus games.  Not ONE..pity timer went through 2 times..
    dumb as hell.

You didn't spend enough money. That was the problem

I cut myself off from spending in June. Since then my wife talks to me again (sadly) but I bought a new house, a boat and a camper ulg uoy kcuf
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Just won CVC and picked up Yaz and this guy!
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Rippers said:
    Just won CVC and picked up Yaz and this guy!
    I'm new here and was under the impression that posting positive things is frowned upon...thanks for bucking the trend and congrats on the pulls!
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Don't compare your box pulls to Rippers. You will be highly disappointed as he seems to pull all the top players. Yes. It is true.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Don't compare your box pulls to Rippers. You will be highly disappointed as he seems to pull all the top players. Yes. It is true.
    Oh I definitely had a Rippers x2 moment this weekend, pulled Damon, Kaline, and Tauchman on back-to-back-to-back boxes (alternating between boxes is important on weekend)

I went 0-3 yesterday (9 boxes total). All XP, with one BxP player.

Lame. Almost time to quit trying CvC too.

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2020
    My luck has been pretty good with cvc pretty comparable to previous years. Yesterday I pulled Bernie. Today I’ve pulled both 460 prime players actually I’ve pulled all prime players but 1. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Between today and yesterday, this is my third Young....all from CvC! 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

I won every CvC yesterday but one. Won enough boxes to flip the pity timer on the big boxes. For the sixth time in a row, the CvC-pity-timer-box-flipper earned me the worst prime available. All the rest today were XP.

Flipped the pity timer on the small boxes from CVC wins and got the worst BxP guy available.

YAWN

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Sounds to me like you got free xp for literally nothing. Don't get the shared sense of entitlement these days that you should get not just something but the best thing for minimal effort.

I won every CvC yesterday but one. Won enough boxes to flip the pity timer on the big boxes. For the sixth time in a row, the CvC-pity-timer-box-flipper earned me the worst prime available. All the rest today were XP.

Flipped the pity timer on the small boxes from CVC wins and got the worst BxP guy available.

YAWN

Ditto...I think the odds are getting worse and worse.
    Sounds to me like you got free xp for literally nothing. Don't get the shared sense of entitlement these days that you should get not just something but the best thing for minimal effort.

Not what I'm saying at all. In fact, I'm HAPPY about this. Puts me another step closer to not playing yet another event.

And again, this whole thought process that the game should give us nothing in return is something YOU should be thinking about. Not being an A$$, just saying you are conditioned to give the crack dealer more money for less and less crack. They have you right where they want you.

@2020KC: Thank you! You get my point. You build a squad to compete in events. Whole point of the game. Events are supposed to give you something back, albeit small, on what you put it.  GLU is clearly devaluing yet another event. I have a large enough sample size to draw this conclusion as I've won a crap ton of CvC matches in the time I've played this game.

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Staying gold and playing solo was good in 18 and a bit in 19. Not in 20. Go diamond and play events and stop whining, or just quit already. It’s annoying. Things won’t come back to what it was. It’s like I always whine about my baldness and how it was great to have hair every day of my existence. I won’t have hair anymore, so move on. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Not what I'm saying at all. In fact, I'm HAPPY about this. Puts me another step closer to not playing yet another event.

And again, this whole thought process that the game should give us nothing in return is something YOU should be thinking about. Not being an A$$, just saying you are conditioned to give the crack dealer more money for less and less crack. They have you right where they want you.

@2020KC: Thank you! You get my point. You build a squad to compete in events. Whole point of the game. Events are supposed to give you something back, albeit small, on what you put it.  GLU is clearly devaluing yet another event. I have a large enough sample size to draw this conclusion as I've won a crap ton of CvC matches in the time I've played this game.

It's pretty well documented you don't understand what the game is like at diamond so you can go ahead and stop with the assumptions. And lmao, you got back what you put in with that xp! Not sure how you don't see that.

Here's a pro-tip: don't play any of the sprint events, forget WoH day (especially at gold), stop solo'ing so much cause you're only hurting yourself (this isn't TSB19) and stack resources in a stat boost club during Weekend Royale. If anyone will have you majors club weekend rewards and Midnight Royale rewards are pretty sweet.