Improved user retention tactics

BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
edited October 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I want to see how people feel about this bold statement from last year. We’re at the stage in the season where they missed the opportunity to implement Signature Players. We’re about to miss the opportunity to get ATGs ( this was a known screw up last year on their end for the delayed release).  I’m fully aware they are already building the architecture for 2021. But what can be done to save this year?  It’s a serious question btw...

Comments

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Make WOH Great Again #MWOHGA
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    edited October 2020
    KCTribe said:
    This is why 18’ was best suited for Gold players. You’d be lucky to cycle 2-3 times in a day, but it was fun.  19 and 20, not so much. The prize was a top leader in the game with huge points. It’s completely watered down now. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Back to the title of this thread...
    The only thing I can correlate to it is Bonus Sets. This has been the number 1 factor in what determines who wins and who loses. This addition to the game is geared at 200-300 players in a pool of roughly 20-30k users. I’ve heard many people say that micro In-App-Purchases are their bread and butter. But I don’t believe that for a second. I strongly believe their highest volume of IAPs come from the top 500. 250 may be fringe players, but will shell out 100$ in a heartbeat to complete a set. It would be nice if someone among us who is employed in the App Gaming world to shed light
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2020
    They have done some good things this year... all star perks roll over, dingers, gold battles, double gold, cheaper potw/potm boxes among other things etc. 
    However they completely gutted the game we used to know and love. Killed woh with no reason to chase players anymore other than to complete a set. To many bonus players to many sets it’s all watered down. Predictable boxes always knowing when a max overall raise is coming. Boosted bxp players are forgotten never to return signature players looks to get the same demise. ATGs used to be released in the store in a SEPARATE BOX early enough they had value. 
    I could go on... but start with any of these issues glu and you might retain some customers and maybe even bring some out of retirement.
      Despite all of these issues that we have all complained about until blue in the face broken record etc.. nothing changes! Sorry but player retention does not seem to be the goal 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Why does someone tip well in a restaurant?  Because they got exceptional service.  In that instance both parties walk away feeling good.  
    That premise is lost on Glu. When a consumer feels like they got their money's worth they are more likely to return.  Instead of playing to that Glu took a different route.  They play (prey) upon addiction instead.  They believe that "giving" small, inconsequential gifts is enough.  Take yesterday's video reward.  It was something like 1500 pxp and 1500 bxp.  At this point in the year that is just insulting.  Generosity on their end doesn't cost a thing.  You might make the argument that it would cost them profits if they make it easier to acquire players and resources.   How many of you stop buying boxes just because you pulled one of the top players?  Not me, I want repulls, I want to complete sets.  
    In short.... the consumer in general is okay with spending money..... IF they feel they are getting a deal.  Even if it's an illusion. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I predicted last year the game would move to catering to the top 5% of players, and then GLU would do all they could to get more money from those guys. This is exactly what has happened.

This was never about customer retention at all. It was about making the other 95% feel somewhat "wanted" while fleecing everyone. Impossible bonus sets, repeated player position/skills. extra boxes with bonus players, slanted box odds, etc.  I could go on and on, but it is beating a dead horse.  I'm only participating now bc of the stupid money I spent during Covid.  I really think many people did this due to having nothing else to do. When they did that, GLU thought it was an opportunity to make more money instead of fixing the game.  I really don't blame them when you consider how unethical they already were.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Customer engagement.... Guarantee they will see some more retention...
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    A stable ap that doesnt crash, and Field Pass working even 50% of the F'ing time its purchased would be a nice start.

Stop F'in adding and changing shit until you get the base platform stable.

Thats it.  Thats my list.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    NM.  Top players being harder to pull this year than any player, including ATG's, at any point last year, is absolutely stupid.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
     We’re about to miss the opportunity to get ATGs ( this was a known screw up last year on their end for the delayed release).

this one is lame i agree.   In 18 it was nice to be able to have time to play with them.   For example by the time i pulled and leveled Babe Ruth last year, i got like a week with him before the game ended.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    i've moved on from this one. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    i read it wrong all this time...I thought it said customer retardation...that explains why I still play.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit