WOH has left you. Move on

2Next

Comments

• EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah im forced to do the 25 for resources. I hate it. I do it, but absolutely loathe it.

Chore is the only way to describe it
    It really is brutal. I did it two weeks ago, such a grind. I saved up the 25 reward boxes in the hope of a free level up or two, figured that would at least make it somewhat worthwhile. Somehow went 0-25, naturally. 
    went 0/23 yesterday, and 0/25 over the weekend.   Didnt really care for either player so thats fine but man we should be progressing from a 90% 1k lxp option at this stage in the game.
    I hadn't looked at the odds of that woh box for a while and couldn't believe how little of a chance you're given for a measly 1k extra lxp.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Yesterday, I cycled a lot. I didn't chase the legends because they're more of what I already have. We were in first most of the day and eventually, lost the lead.
    Anyways, a thought occurred to me: what good are bonus players if you can't use them? I bring that up because in years past, I remember guys wouldn't be able to use their bonus guys because they were stuck on level 5 or 6. Now, nobody is getting stuck anywhere so bonus players are inherently more valuable. Obviously, this isn't something that I'm in favor of, but the logic makes things a little less frustrating. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited October 2020
    My solo majors club finished 15 & I took a top 25 in MVP with a bronze1 Larkin & POTM Freeman & JRam. And even slow playing for points, I still plodded my way through 10 cycles. It was actually a somewhat fun way to play WOH. A good return on  investment is always a rewarding accomplishment.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    There are some positive things about this format, I'll accept that. I just sorely miss the days of checking my phone like Christmas morning on WOH days.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I still dont understand why Mondays "HOF" costs are still at the higher levels that they are. The reason last year was set the way it was because there was more cash in those bottom levels to earn on the way up. Pretty sure this is just another lazy attempt at just copying last years WOH code and not adjusting it to this year. Theres no reason why Mondays and Wed should have different costs to autoplay levels. The Rewards are the same.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JCAM80 said: 
    My solo majors club finished 15 & I took a top 25 in MVP with a bronze1 Larkin & POTM Freeman & JRam. And even slow playing for points, I still plodded my way through 10 cycles. It was actually a somewhat fun way to play WOH. A good return on  investment is always a rewarding accomplishment.
    I was in a similar boat, plus Sano and Crawford. Even though I slow played, I was still cash positive. It didn’t work out, but it was actually fun. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

After the miracle with Oliver yesterday, I then had three bonus sets. I put the crappy WoH legend at B10, and had five other bonus players between old braves and pulls when I tried to land a legend the first time.

I put up 862M points in about 3+ hours. Ended up enjoying the event even though the player was garbage.

Did lose a lot of blue cash though. Oh well.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I miss n64..... Mario Kart and Goldneye!! and of course the best game ever made.... ZELDA... @TyroneEastwood
    I personally miss World Series of Baseball on the old Sega Saturn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n89fe5iZdhQ
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    @Houmy, Sega Saturn was light years ahead of the other consoles at that time. I always regretted pawning mine off 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I still dont understand why Mondays "HOF" costs are still at the higher levels that they are. The reason last year was set the way it was because there was more cash in those bottom levels to earn on the way up. Pretty sure this is just another lazy attempt at just copying last years WOH code and not adjusting it to this year. Theres no reason why Mondays and Wed should have different costs to autoplay levels. The Rewards are the same.
    Not to mention, 4.10 is now the most difficult level. I don’t mean pitching wise, although it may be, I mean the fact you still have to score 5 runs, but in level 5, you never go above 3. They adjusted level 5, but not level 4. I’m pretty sure that’s not intentional and is just lazy. As you stated, it’s just lazy coding.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    @Houmy, Sega Saturn was light years ahead of the other consoles at that time. I always regretted pawning mine off 
    That it was. I miss it and all the other old consoles. I pretty much "had" all of them back in the 90's. Had 4 video game stores buying & selling games around Atlanta before gamestop and all those other guys. The only thing I have left from then are some old games laying around the warehouse and my original Xbox that I moded and now just use to run mame whenever I wanna play some real old school games 😏
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited October 2020
    You guys call those systems old??   I still got my intellivision from the early 80’s!  Who wants to play baseball with stick figures?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats awesome, the sad thing is. I bet you those games had less issues then the TSB games we play now.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    whynot said:
    You guys call those systems old??   I still got my intellivision from the early 80’s!  Who wants to play baseball with stick figures?
    I played this all the time as a kid. It was so hard compared to when NES games came out. The Intellivision games were so simple in retrospect, but that also made them harder than more advanced games. Although, I have wondered if going back and playing them if I’d actually realize they were easy to play, but our video game skills just sucked in the early 80s. I actually have an NES emulator on my laptop and play NES games. I have looked for an Intellivision emulator as well, but I’ve been unsuccessful so far. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited October 2020
    dkarski87 said:

You're playing strictly for club points for the event now whereas last year it was a cash/bg/xp boon to cycle cap a halfway decent player. Cash needle barely moves so long as you don't lose sims. Granted, pxp is there for sure but that is about it. It's essentially another prime day in ROI sense compared to what we used to get. The reduced bg from tourney box, tougher opponents in team pool and the general slowness of scores being output even with autoplay (especially now as we start jacking scores up in stat boost with legends) seems to all be meant to slow d6 cycles down. The diminished resources essential to the d6 cycle (cash and bg's) during WoH Monday is just another cog in that. Has been all year.