Double Billing: How Can I Get Help Here?

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Well things just got interesting here at Chez Smartass.

Hot wife doesn't mind how much I play or spend. In fact, she's the one that encouraged me to go VIP so I can get the extra rewards, etc.

Well during COVID, I spent more, which was fine. Last night, we were talking about the game because every so often she likes to pretend like she cares about it for whatever reason. We start talking about the charges and she asks me to go through them.

Long story short, on several statements I was double billed. After spending an hour or so digging them up, we are talking about roubhly $400.

Obviously, I want my money back. With the cost of this game increasing, it is now clear I need to stop playing it for many reasons. GLU is already an unethical company, but this is really crappy. With Apple, I've seen double charges before only to have it dropped later. This isn't happening. GLU is getting the money.

What type of fiery hoops am I looking to jump through here to get this done?  Any help is appreciated.

If I am successful, I am going to finish out 2020 F2P, live off the VIP awards and minimal CvC wins, and hang up the e-cleats. This is my equivalent to running out of veins to put the needle in. Time for rehab from this addiction.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

Hot wife doesn't mind how much I play or spend. In fact, she's the one that encouraged me to go VIP so I can get the extra rewards, etc.

Well during COVID, I spent more, which was fine. Last night, we were talking about the game because every so often she likes to pretend like she cares about it for whatever reason. We start talking about the charges and she asks me to go through them.

Long story short, on several statements I was double billed. After spending an hour or so digging them up, we are talking about roubhly $400.

Obviously, I want my money back. With the cost of this game increasing, it is now clear I need to stop playing it for many reasons. GLU is already an unethical company, but this is really crappy. With Apple, I've seen double charges before only to have it dropped later. This isn't happening. GLU is getting the money.

What type of fiery hoops am I looking to jump through here to get this done?  Any help is appreciated.

If I am successful, I am going to finish out 2020 F2P, live off the VIP awards and minimal CvC wins, and hang up the e-cleats. This is my equivalent to running out of veins to put the needle in. Time for rehab from this addiction.

Wow! But not surprised! Good luck... because everything I have heard once Glu gets it's paws on your money you ain't getting it back. That's why I am F2P. Would never ever trust this crooked company with my credit card number. I'm surprised they haven't sold your card number off on the black market as much as Glu is whoring itself out for money.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. There are so many. Under each one, there is a link for "report a problem". At this point I would have to do this for at least 20. It is the small ones too, like $.99 to $2.99. Seems like every time I bought one the past six months, they billed me two or three.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Your SOL, nothing you can do about it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Your SOL, nothing you can do about it.

I don't want to believe you, but I do.

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I'd really like to know how many people inadvertently get charged after accidentally clicking on the pop up ads that bombard us. Or, when you hit the GIANT X to close it out but that X isn't really there. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

Dang that sucks man. I hope you can get at least a chunk of it back. GL
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

1)apple
    2)bank card

The above options will research your situation and act accordingly. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

This is beyond frustrating to be treated like this. I've spent more than I should, farmed what is likely close to 1M gold over the year watching ads, have dealt with a few bait-and-switch tactics, and now this. I've played this rigged game the right way. I know I whine a lot, but this is just garbage.

I'll be salty about this screwing for a long time. Jerks.

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    DFBB said:

1)apple
    2)bank card

The above options will research your situation and act accordingly. 
    Too elaborate further, to report a double charge to apple to get a refund, you can do it here:
    reportaproblem.apple.com

For your credit card company, it might be harder since you are essentially asking them to get you a refund from Apple, but still worth a shot if you have the documentation to prove you were double charged.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    At a certain point, I think you need to ask what a monstrous piece of shit a company would have to be to continually fraudulently bill their customers, and respond with, "F YOU, no refunds" as a formal company policy.

How incredibly morally and ethically bankrupt do you have to be to F your own customers over like that?  You don't even HAVE to go down the road of the litany of things that are F'd up on a weekly basis to reach the conclusion that this game is owned by a collection of human garbage.  And once we reach that conclusion, I think you are free to let your mind wander...if/when/how else they are F'ing you over.  Because I can 1000% assure you it is happening.

Deleting this app over the weekend was cathartic.  GLU is playing a stupid game, betting that their conduct stays off legislators and gaming authorities because they're a "small fish."  But until then, I will not associate myself, or contribute my time and money towards these unprincipled fu.ck bags.

Take Care gentlemen

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    At a certain point, I think you need to ask what a monstrous piece of shit a company would have to be to continually fraudulently bill their customers, and respond with, "F YOU, no refunds" as a formal company policy.

How incredibly morally and ethically bankrupt do you have to be to F your own customers over like that?  You don't even HAVE to go down the road of the litany of things that are F'd up on a weekly basis to reach the conclusion that this game is owned by a collection of human garbage.  And once we reach that conclusion, I think you are free to let your mind wander...if/when/how else they are F'ing you over.  Because I can 1000% assure you it is happening.

Deleting this app over the weekend was cathartic.  GLU is playing a stupid game, betting that their conduct stays off legislators and gaming authorities because they're a "small fish."  But until then, I will not associate myself, or contribute my time and money towards these unprincipled fu.ck bags.

Take Care gentlemen

I wish I was as strong willed as you bro. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

Take Care gentlemen

I continue playing because I want to witness first hand these jackasses going down in flames. I keep hoping one morning when I log on that their is no more Glu that they get f*cked just like they f*cked all their customers. Oh...to see this would be wonderful!

I'm about to get another middle finger from CS.

Sunday afternoon, for whatever reason, my club challenge points quit adding up right before I was to hit the 300M Milestone that would garner 500 gold, 3K LxP and something else. Don't remember the other prize bc I don't care about it. I want the gold and LXP.

I let CS know. Twice they asked me for Screen Shots to prove it wasn't working, even though my club had over 500M for the weekend event alone. So I sent CS three examples of me scoring enough points to clear the milestone, and nothing added up.

I get a reply this morning saying "we have sent your information to the dev team to review. We will get back to you. Please don't reply". 

Every MFing Time CS has told me this, nothing has happened.  Then, when I inquire again a day later about the rewards I didn't get, they will ask me for more screenshots or tell me the event is over.

MF these people. Seriously. Effing lying thieves.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    This is a known issue, the club challenges seems to expire about a 24hrs sooner then it should. Based on the time left, however it shows "expired".
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    This is a known issue, the club challenges seems to expire about a 24hrs sooner then it should. Based on the time left, however it shows "expired".

Ah Ok. So this has gone on for some time and they won't fix it. Good to know.

In my case, the clock was still going, and all my screenshots showed that.

Glad I'm not alone. Hopefully enough customers are telling them so they finally fix it, but I've learned if it benefits us, nothing usually happens. This likely goes down as another bait and switch.

As always, appreciate your insight!

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I don't think the Royale multipliers count towards anything other than club points. So if you scored a million points on a bonus game, you'll get 9mil towards the event but it will only count the before multiplier points of 1mil 
    I don't think the Royale multipliers count towards anything other than club points. So if you scored a million points on a bonus game, you'll get 9mil towards the event but it will only count the before multiplier points of 1mil 

I get that part now. Either way, my original points were more than enough to clear it by far, and they just quit adding up. So I took a screenshot of the points after a game, not with the multiplier for Royale. I was at 290M. Sent four screenshots of 3M point bonus games (27M after multiplier) that would get me over 300M.  This wasn't counting the dozens of prime games, WoH rounds, etc.

Either way, I completely expect to get fricked over.