WOH 12/7/2020

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    hows the difficulty on the mega tower? is it wroth the three cycles then switching over?
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited December 2020

Seriously, I just lost again. No curve outs, but damn that is fun. That is a sweet addition.

I can deal with this. Dude just straight up owned me. I got to 6-5 twice, but every out was me mistiming it. That was a fun loss.

I swear the first pitch from Niekro looked like it bounced off his heal.
    Took some getting used to but the Bambino ripped a knuckler opposite field HR for the 12,4M club point win.  
    This got damn Niekro floating pitch is mad annoying. I think im gonna say it, but id rather get curved out.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

That sumbicht just mixed up a change up in there too. LOL

Hadn't seen that one yet.

See, this is EXACTLY one of the things I mentioned in my thread last week. This game can be challenging without mandatory outs.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@drsmartassphd wait up are you a glu spy hahaha
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited December 2020
    hows the difficulty on the mega tower? is it wroth the three cycles then switching over?
    Its complete BS - unless you are diamond with 20/20 skills bat that is 525 max or higher. Platinum is not enough - my 522 Keeper Ruth with skills at 16/16 got curved out 3 in a row on 4.8. What a joke. On 4.7, my 550 Templeton with skills at 14/14 was curved out 2 in a row before seeing a hittable pitch. At least 535 Giambi with 14/14 skills and 10% WOH x factor + 5% video boost did the trick. Like I said, unless you are diamond or rocking 20/20 skills plus an xfactor on every level, don't bother.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    This got damn Niekro floating pitch is mad annoying. I think im gonna say it, but id rather get curved out.
    That does mess you up. Ted handled him fine though in extra innings with skills at 17/18 so I may keep him at 17/18 since 5.10 is covered with my custom. Got lucky with Foster on the 1st cycle too so I'll try for the 5 cycles at least later tonight. Too busy at work to get much playing time 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    not going to lie, this mega tower is kinda fun! I like having the extreme challenge/frustration of old with a chance for reasonable rewards. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    not going to lie, this mega tower is kinda fun! I like having the extreme challenge/frustration of old with a chance for reasonable rewards. 
    I love the new format...but some subtle tweaks are necessary.  Either they need to remove the mechanism where you could have to do 3 towers to unlock the big tower....or make the good rewards on the new tower per cycle rather than having to complete 5 to get them
    I had to do all 3 today on the HOF today to get big unlocked and I'm now unlikely to have time today to get the 5 for 60.  I'm a little salty about that after investing a HUGE amount of LXP and Gold in to chasing, leveling new players and taking their skills way up.
    edited December 2020
    Its complete BS - unless you are diamond with 20/20 skills bat that is 525 max or higher. Platinum is not enough - my 522 Keeper Ruth with skills at 16/16 got curved out 3 in a row on 4.8. What a joke. On 4.7, my 550 Templeton with skills at 14/14 was curved out 2 in a row before seeing a hittable pitch. At least 535 Giambi with 14/14 skills and 10% WOH x factor + 5% video boost did the trick. Like I said, unless you are diamond or rocking 20/20 skills plus an xfactor on every level, don't bother.
    This is where I think a paradigm shift is needed.  If you're not taking the top Legends to 16/16 or higher....you are really hurting yourself.  If I'm NOT going to do that, I'm not even going to bother leveling a guy.  Leaving them at 12/12 or 14/14 isn't "leveling."

For instance, my 20/20 Cooper just MURDERED Mo on my first time through the Foster tower.
    @Houmy I might try a different tactic next time. I'm using Cooper for 5.9 and Ted for 5.10.

@TheFullMonte couldn't agree more. Thats why i was asking how tough it was, because I might have a better chance at getting 10 than starting over for five
    @Houmy I might try a different tactic next time. I'm using Cooper for 5.9 and Ted for 5.10.

@TheFullMonte couldn't agree more. Thats why i was asking how tough it was, because I might have a better chance at getting 10 than starting over for five
    With the right players and the correct level of skills, Plat teams should be just fine.  At Gold, anything less than 16/16 is going to require a specific combo of players and skills and boosts.  It's not easy, but its doable 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @TheFullMonte - could not agree more on the gatekeeper. I am fine with keeping it at 3 if ALL cycles count on both towers but as is you need to get lucky on #1/#2 or it's 8 cycles to get to that 60k pot of lxp.

JTANDME said:
    @TheFullMonte - could not agree more on the gatekeeper. I am fine with keeping it at 3 if ALL cycles count on both towers but as is you need to get lucky on #1/#2 or it's 8 cycles to get to that 60k pot of lxp.

I'm hoping this is the type of feedback people like @Houmy
    @DFBB
    and @jalapenocubbies
    are taking back to GLU from today
    edited December 2020
    Sorry but have to disagree. I am at gold and while I won't cycle 50+ times I had no issues. Had to restart level 5 twice trying to autoplay through 5.7 and then a video restart on 5.10 but got though it. I do have my skills pretty high but not all. Top 4 have skills at 20/20, 17/18, 16/16 & 16/16. So if you have the right lineup then you don't need to be Diamond with capped skills. Just may take a bit longer and less cycles.

Houmy said:
    Sorry but have to disagree. I am at gold and while I won't cycle 50+ times I had no issues. Had to restart level 5 twice trying to autoplay through 4.7 and then a video restart on 5.10 but got though it. I do have my skills pretty high but not all. Top 4 have skills at 20/20, 17/18, 16/16 & 16/16. So if you have the right lineup then you don't need to be Diamond with capped skills. Just may take a bit longer and less cycles.
    If you're Gold or below, I can't fathom why you would bother leveling a Legend and NOT take their skills to 16/16.  Those things are there for a reason.  If you see guys having more success at the same level, it's likely because they've sacrificed the fun of leveling each and every new toy and instead invested that in to the skills as the game intends.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    JTANDME said:

I don't understand why cycling one tower would count on the other tower?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @TheFullMonte I usually stop the skills at where LXP comes in for the lower guys and on top 4 just to where they need to be for WOH. For me it's a no brainer taking the skills high on top 4 though as they are all ATG but probably won't max them. One of the is custom so he came maxed already and the others seem to be doing fine at the levels I mentioned even if I go lefty versus lefty up to 5.7. Just need to get "lucky" with a right handed ATG down the road and then I should be set.

Houmy said:
    @TheFullMonte I usually stop the skills at where LXP comes in for the lower guys and on top 4 just to where they need to be for WOH. For me it's a no brainer taking the skills high on top 4 though as they are all ATG but probably won't max them. One of the is custom so he came maxed already and the others seem to be doing fine at the levels I mentioned even if I go lefty versus lefty up to 5.7. Just need to get "lucky" with a right handed ATG down the road and then I should be set.
    There are probably 1000 people here that know more than I do about this game, and how to be more strategic with these things.  All I know is that @retirepujols and a couple others that dont post very often found me here a couple years ago beating my head in to a wall in various modes.  Leveling skills appropriately was one of the things they beat in to my head and it's literally changed the game for me.  Wish others would listen better when being given the same advice.  Don't take it from me; I'm a monkey with rocks for brains, but lots of people here freely give a lot of sound advice that gets routinely ignored 
    Now....what DOES chap the shit out of my ass is 535 Matt Williams at 17/17 losing auto plays at 3.6 and 4.6 in back to back rounds.  THAT shit can stop any time now
    @TheFullMonte just so we are clear. I was agreeing with you. I will take the legends I am sure to keep to 16/16 at the minimum 🖖

edited December 2020
    Houmy said:
    @TheFullMonte just so we are clear. I was agreeing with you. I will take the legends I am sure to keep to 16/16 at the minimum 🖖
    Sorry @Houmy this discussion about skills has been closed.  This is now a Matt Williams chat.  If you are having trouble viewing Matt Williams chat, please close your browser, check your wifi and restart the app.

Houmy said:
    Sorry @Houmy this discussion about skills has been closed.  This is now a Matt Williams chat.  If you are having trouble viewing Matt Williams chat, please close your browser, check your wifi and restart the app.

What about the ladies never sending a PM through global chat? We still discussing that? Some of us have been wondering since 17 🙄

Houmy said:
    Houmy said:

What about the ladies never sending a PM through global chat? We still discussing that? Some of us have been wondering since 17 🙄
    @Houmy I'm sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your global ladies chat experience.  I've checked your account and confirmed that your account properly received the following chats from ladies:
    - (1) Hello Thar sticker from "Amanda"
    - (2) If you're Christian, message me back from "Steve"  (That one got weird, I know.  But please understand our team does not control this)

Being a VIP Council Member comes with many perks, but none more exclusive as stickers from lonely weirdos in their basement trying to find "girls" on an app comprised 99.7% of dudes.  Please know that any messages sent to our customer care are marked with the highest priority, ensuring that you'll receive the quickest feedback possible.

If you are a first time VIP Council Member and don't know what this is all about, welcome!  You are now a part of an elite group of Tap Sports Baseball players!  We want to reward you with stickers, creepy messages and odd memorabilia left in MLB lockers for your loyalty.

Regards,
    Monte
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

• Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Beat Neikro after a video replay first time. Then the game crashed just for a change. Not got past him since. 

Thanks for stealing my gold glu, you utter clowns/shysters. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I am definitely one that has been reluctant to go 20/20 but I closed my eyes and kept hitting buttons. I’m gonna pay the gold to reuse Cooper instead of going 20/20 on other hitters but it was worth it. Also, I picked up this guy from FR for my first ATG!
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Think the problem is you forgot to add if you guys maxing skills are ViPs and how much gold you spend daily and how much real money you spend . Easy to sit there and say max skills but between bonus players for clubs, bad luck not pulling top players and if not vip/ big spender there are limits to amount of resources you have mainly gold and xp . Stop making it sound like it’s easy to max skills if you aren’t VIP and problay buying Field Pass weekly for discount, and buying bunch of specials so basically unlimited in chasing top ATG, have custom players, get ton gold n resources from vip gifts or finishing high in ViP only leaderboards . Need an asterisk with these replies about just level skills . Plus total amount of lxp go to level 16 both skills is about 100k lxp in addition to lxp need to level player to Gold 10 . Just gotta be transparent if gonna call guys dumb for not leveling skills to 16+ in gold 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DirectFX said:
    Think the problem is you forgot to add if you guys maxing skills are ViPs and how much gold you spend daily and how much real money you spend . Easy to sit there and say max skills but between bonus players for clubs, bad luck not pulling top players and if not vip/ big spender there are limits to amount of resources you have mainly gold and xp . Stop making it sound like it’s easy to max skills if you aren’t VIP and problay buying Field Pass weekly for discount, and buying bunch of specials so basically unlimited in chasing top ATG, have custom players, get ton gold n resources from vip gifts or finishing high in ViP only leaderboards . Need an asterisk with these replies about just level skills . Plus total amount of lxp go to level 16 both skills is about 100k lxp in addition to lxp need to level player to Gold 10 . Just gotta be transparent if gonna call guys dumb for not leveling skills to 16+ in gold 
    VIP gives you a gift once a month. It’s nice, but it’s not a game changer. And those VIP leaderboards that you’re talking about pretty much go to the same 20 people everytime. They earn it no doubt, but honestly, they’re in a league of their own. With careful planning and execution, anyone playing gold and below doesn’t need to spend to cap their roster. Diamond is a little different. Hard to not purchase FP and stay current. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    DirectFX said:
    Before we begin, you should know that while I am a VIP, it's only because AS tickets carried over.  If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even be close; not even 20% there.  I am the lowest spending, lowest TS in both of the clubs I've played with this year.  Now, I do receive additional grace due to my charm and rugged good looks, but as of yet, I've been unable to get GLU to compensate me with resources accordingly.  (Complete BS, I know.  Your sympathy IS appreciated)

With that said, you're flat out wrong.  This is NOT about spending.  This is a conversation about resource allocation.  Bluntly, a HUGE chunk of players in this game @DirectFX spend them in the wrong way.  

But hey, if we would rather do the class warefar deal, I'm not going to get in the way.  But most of what you said is complete bologna

I'll give you an example here.  Last week after double gold, I was convinced by a forum member here to take Cecil Cooper and Babe (which I got crazy lucky to pull considering how few boxes I opened) to 20/20.  Now, I could have saved that gold, and probably chased and maybe landed Gehrig this weekend.  Probably had enough LXP to level him if I had too.  But I didnt have any gold left and wasn't able to get him or any of the new 550 guys.

However, which of those two scenarios do you think helped me be able to cycle efficiently today @DirectFX ?