Why no pete rose??

spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
Just wondering the all time hits leader is never a player in the game ????kind of weird just my opinion!!!!!!
Prev1

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    GLU says

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Same reason why guys like Bonds and Griffey Jr aren't in the game: license issue. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Same reason why guys like Bonds and Griffey Jr aren't in the game: license issue. 
    Yeah, but neither Bonds or Griffey Jr are WWE Hall of Famers!!!!
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Jr, Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Frank Thomas, Rafael Palmeiro... all the big names from the steroid era seem to be missing. Juicers or not, they would be awesome to see. Sure beats the Chris Hoiles and Don Kessingers of the world 🥱 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    You misspelled Bonds*  🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

As @DFBB mentioned license issues and with someone like Rose one would think that there is some sort of clause or fine print in the MLB license they have for the game not to associate people like that with the app. Trust me I would love nothing more to see them bring some of those players in, except Bonds*, so that my avatar may actually be on my roster one day 🙄

Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    You misspelled Bonds*  🙄
    Dude, I just woke up. Barely took my 2nd sip of coffee and I had to do a triple take before the light went on. LOL
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I think the player names and likenesses are licensed from MLB Player’s Association. I don’t know but I suspect that there is in opt-in or opt-out with the PA for these types of licensing deals and some players choose not be a part of them for whatever reason. Players closely linked to PEDs have been in TSB, Eric Gagne for one. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Bonds is and was the most exciting player that has played this game. If zero players had juiced, Bonds would have been the best ball player. If every player had juiced, Bonds would have been the best ball player. I haven't tuned in to baseball nearly as often or as excitedly as I did in those Bonds smashing dingdongs into the bay days. Anyone who tries to downplay Bonds looks like nothing but a clown. 🤷‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    .... downplay Bonds looks like nothing but a clown. 🤷‍♂️ 
    You misspelled Bonds* too 🙄

edited December 2020
    Houmy said:
    🤣 I hate you right now 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Bonds is and was the most exciting player that has played this game. If zero players had juiced, Bonds would have been the best ball player. If every player had juiced, Bonds would have been the best ball player. I haven't tuned in to baseball nearly as often or as excitedly as I did in those Bonds smashing dingdongs into the bay days. Anyone who tries to downplay Bonds looks like nothing but a clown. 🤷‍♂️ 
    I have to disagree. He was a good player until he started taking roids but not great. Look at the films of him before. He was a stick . 
    I understand the hate and to be fair, Bonds doesn't do himself any favors because he's not exactly endearing towards the media. I won't pretend to know who did and didn't cheat(the MLB system in of itself is a joke, but I digress). If guys want to put an asterisk on certain names, I get it. I don't agree with it, but I get it. Personally, I can only judge what I see on the baseball field. For my money, Bonds is the best baseball player I've ever seen. 
    Grizzly99 said:
    I have to disagree. He was a good player until he started taking roids but not great. Look at the films of him before. He was a stick . 
    Yeah, I was a little excited in my comment. One of the best*
    DFBB said:
    Bonds is the best baseball player 
    I agree 😅
    Houmy said:
    🤣 I hate you right now 
    Nothing but love my friend. If you hate me because of this then you would have really loved* me in the 90s sitting in the outfield cheap seats heckling him every time the Pirates came down to ATL. Sort of became an Atlanta tradition 😏

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    If they want to Juice..let them, kill yourself for my entertainment, I spend the money, dance for me!
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I guess that I don’t really care either way. Let them juice and quit testing or continue to test evenly across the board. Bonds* was  a solid player for the Pirates but turned into a monster in SF. I think that without the cream or clear then we could have seen a career more along the lines of Griffey Jr and Bonds* would be in HOF for sure. The baseball purists will never vote him in due to the roids same with the other guys from that era that used. I do believe that Big Mac admitted to using hgh which was not a banned substance at the time which I feel is a little different.Either way what  a very entertaining time to watch MLB. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Agree to disagree. Gene Tenace and Chet Lemon were way better players.

at least according to glu standard
    2020KC said:
    If they want to Juice..let them, kill yourself for my entertainment, I spend the money, dance for me!
    Personally, I would love to see teams issue the juice themselves.  Round them all up.  Pitchers too.  Let’s freaking goooo!!!!
    Houmy said:
    Nothing but love my friend. If you hate me because of this then you would have really loved* me in the 90s sitting in the outfield cheap seats heckling him every time the Pirates came down to ATL. Sort of became an Atlanta tradition 😏
    I say hate in jest, I don't really hate anyone here. Bonds was a monster ball player, especially at the plate. Before 1998 (when he says he was first duped into using the roids) he had an amazing career. Few were better than him then, and his juicing days were out of this world. His play was just so exciting to watch. I lived in the east bay and went to a fair amount of games to see him before I moved down south and paid my attention to big daddy Vladdy. Vlad would hit balls off the dirt into the stands, boy was he fun to watch as well. 

I understand why people wouldn't like him, but I favor guys that are exciting and fun to watch. I'm not a Padres fan, but Tatis Jr. is the guy to watch right now. That's part of why I'm rocking Dodgers hats recently and not Angels hats. That team has been so much fun to watch. 🤷‍♂️
    I also don't expect professional athletes to be role models. They're ball players, and that's it. Hall of fame shouldn't be the boy scouts IMO. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    You make a good point there, @retirepujols...Cobb is both in the HoF and an ATG on TSB, yet it’s well known he was a complete POS as a human.
    He was. Tommy Lee Jones played him very well in Cobb.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Actually it’s not that clear about Cobb. Many sources stipulates that the author lied a lot about that.
    Interesting 🤔 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    A lot of that movie has been debunked... a lot myths about Cobb to make a good “Hollywood” movie. Him killing a dude in Detroit which there is no proof of... only 2 people showing up at his funeral when it was actually a private service. When in reality there were so many flowers the funeral home couldn’t accept them all. Cobb being racist that he actually was but so was Woodrow Wilson the president at the time sorry but that’s nothing more than being a product of the time. It’s all debunked holywood bs 
    A lot of that movie has been debunked... a lot myths about Cobb to make a good “Hollywood” movie. Him killing a dude in Detroit which there is no proof of... only 2 people showing up at his funeral when it was actually a private service. When in reality there were so many flowers the funeral home couldn’t accept them all. Cobb being racist that he actually was but so was Woodrow Wilson the president at the time sorry but that’s nothing more than being a product of the time. It’s all debunked holywood bs 
    We can all whip out our moral compass. They'd all be facing different directions, but that doesn't mean any of them are wrong. It's way too complicated. Sports is simple. Much, much easier to judge. lol
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    We can all whip out our moral compass. They'd all be facing different directions, but that doesn't mean any of them are wrong. It's way too complicated. Sports is simple. Much, much easier to judge. lol
    I don’t think condemning a virulent racist requires much of a compass. I don’t know enough about Cobb to say what he was or wasn’t, I’m just saying that Glu can skip ATGs or legends with a racist past. 
    We might not have many left 😕