Thinking of Going Plat Since 2020 Will Be My Blowout Year

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm bored with the game. Only exciting thing left to do now would be to go plat. I do have some obstacles, of course.

I'm sitting on 1.2M LxP. I have three ATGs I want to level that would take up 480K of that. I would have enough after that to level 7 more guys. I currently have a .4 discount. I'm using Sandlots awesome spreadsheet.

My main problem is EVO. I only have 150 of that. Looking at the charts, if I hammer out BGs the next couple of days, I could garner another 550 evo. That would help me level another 10. So basically I would have a somewhat weak team during BGs to start.

Also, if anyone has a spot in a high end club the next few days I would be putting up serious points as I have Cobb right now. I will also play Royale tomorrow.

I will likely just cap my top WoH guys doing this as that is the only event I enjoy going forward. I would play CvC, etc, to help a new club.  There's only two months left in the season anyway. Just looking to spice things up.

I'll check back later on any recommendations.  FullMonte is helping me as well.

TY everyone!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Damn I didn't even think about doing that. Gotta figure out how much I'll fall short if I decide to jump platinum before calling it quits too. Should be OK on the EVO but with 6 ATG and the rest all legends I may fall short on the LXP. So if I'm reading this right 160K LXP to go from G10-P10 for the ATG? How much for regular legends?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Plan to go diamond. It's the end of the year and you'll know for certain if it's something you'd ever want to do. If you use the line app, evo wont be an issue(pm me). 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Damn I didn't even think about doing that. Gotta figure out how much I'll fall short if I decide to jump platinum before calling it quits too. Should be OK on the EVO but with 6 ATG and the rest all legends I may fall short on the LXP. So if I'm reading this right 160K LXP to go from G10-P10 for the ATG? How much for regular legends?

That's with a .4

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

DFBB said:
    Plan to go diamond. It's the end of the year and you'll know for certain if it's something you'd ever want to do. If you use the line app, evo wont be an issue(pm me). 

Sweet! TY

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    agree with @DFBB on all points. My best advice for the jump is to get in to one of the weekend discount (.3 preferably) and buy (I know more Glu money) the two small field passes for another .3 discount. Then you are leveling at 60% off and use the gold to hammer the cr@p out of one of the two boxes for repulls to get the resources. If you are "worried" about your bats for woh then I would get to 5.10 on woh, exit the game and finish your playoffs for platinum. Level your 5.10 bat to plat 10 and, presumably you already have the woh reward guy(s), get the one you want to g10, and finish 5.10 to get that push into platinum for another bat. I too am open to chat on line app if you want to bounce ideas.

Royale weekend in a discount club like kings is truly the best time to try and do it. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    with no discounts @Houmy the g10-p10 legend cost is 900 gold, 150 evo, 168k lxp and 337k cash
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    DO IT!  DO IT!!  I can’t wait to read all the new frickery at platinum post!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    with no discounts @Houmy the g10-p10 legend cost is 900 gold, 150 evo, 168k lxp and 337k cash
    Thanks. Already changed my mind 😏. Wasn't thinking about needing gold and I don't see myself buying that much gold just to get to P10 and then call it quits. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’ve been Plat for quite a while and I think it’s better than Gold, where I spent the majority of 19. WOH seems easier and you can put up more points in EB, CVC and Bash. Only downside of course is more resources to cap players but I’ve found that actually keeps me from wasting on players with crummy skills which I did too much of last year when I was at Gold. I’ll go Diamond when they have proper XP boxes in the gold box menu.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I don't see why people are scared of this. Just do it. Especially for those of you that complain about the game all day every day, what do you have to lose? If it sucks then nothings changed. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    whynot said:
    DO IT!  DO IT!!  I can’t wait to read all the new frickery at platinum post!
    YES, YES, YES!!!! That would be an amazing way to send 2020 off. 🙌🙌🙌
    samtheman said:
    I’ve been Plat for quite a while and I think it’s better than Gold, where I spent the majority of 19. WOH seems easier and you can put up more points in EB, CVC and Bash. Only downside of course is more resources to cap players but I’ve found that actually keeps me from wasting on players with crummy skills which I did too much of last year when I was at Gold. I’ll go Diamond when they have proper XP boxes in the gold box menu.
    Which will be never...
    samtheman said:
    Which will be never...
    I get way more LXP from club event rewards and buying boxes/hitting the 20k fan rewards than i ever did blowing all my gold on mega lxp boxes last year
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Agreed...still would be nice have the boxes every once in awhile

Thanks for the assists, everyone.

Plan is to work with DFBB tonight to garner EVO needed to make the jump.

I'll hop in a good club tomorrow and contribute a frick ton of points while I play Royale all day.

Maybe work with DFBB again Wed night for more EVO, then rejoin said club TH for more BG magic.

Also, WoH yesterday: I cycled the big tower six times at gold. I took my solo club to 4 ranking, and I finished 2 in MVP rankings. I would have scored more but two hours before the event ended I was, uhhhh....distracted. HE HE HE

• spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts

I'm bored with the game. Only exciting thing left to do now would be to go plat. I do have some obstacles, of course.

I'm sitting on 1.2M LxP. I have three ATGs I want to level that would take up 480K of that. I would have enough after that to level 7 more guys. I currently have a .4 discount. I'm using Sandlots awesome spreadsheet.

My main problem is EVO. I only have 150 of that. Looking at the charts, if I hammer out BGs the next couple of days, I could garner another 550 evo. That would help me level another 10. So basically I would have a somewhat weak team during BGs to start.

Also, if anyone has a spot in a high end club the next few days I would be putting up serious points as I have Cobb right now. I will also play Royale tomorrow.

I will likely just cap my top WoH guys doing this as that is the only event I enjoy going forward. I would play CvC, etc, to help a new club.  There's only two months left in the season anyway. Just looking to spice things up.

TY everyone!

How you getting evo from BG’s bonus games??
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    If you want to make a smooth transition from plat to diamond what kind of ressources you need 7 M LXP, 15 000 gold and 3000 EVO? Even then, you will be ressources poor for weeks?
    spot said:

TY everyone!

Gloves, loyalty boxes
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    spot said:

TY everyone!

I think he's referring to the evo from leveling up in tiers(p1 to p2, etc.)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Good amount of gloves earned from the bonus games and tourneys played, plus cash earned playing those games and gold earned cycling up platinum. Also, if you're able to stay disciplined @drsmartassphd diamond could be good for you. Instead of videos, play bgs/tourneys. You don't NEED every bonus player, you can cycle d6 and save gold for weeks on end without bonus guys (maybe just woh and tourney players) then blow the gold on Royale weekends. Diamond doesn't necessarily require extra money, or really that much extra time, if you don't compete daily. If you just go hard on those Royale weekends, you can actually spend LESS money by just using gold savings. Easy to say, hard to do for me. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I don't see why people are scared of this. Just do it. Especially for those of you that complain about the game all day every day, what do you have to lose? If it sucks then nothings changed. 
    Going platinum for the first time in my TSB life this year was one of the beat things I did.  It changed my game experience markedly, especially with GLU’s steering the game more and more towards club events.

glad to see the Good Doc is making the plunge
    If you want to make a smooth transition from plat to diamond what kind of ressources you need 7 M LXP, 15 000 gold and 3000 EVO? Even then, you will be ressources poor for weeks?
    I’d actually like to hear an answer to this from the guys playing diamond.  I’m toying with Idea of Diamond jump for last month for all the reasons @retirepujols outlined earlier.  Want to see if it’s something I’ll ever do again.

I had a solid plan in place based on advice when I went Plat.  Looking to get a similar plan together to evaluate a Diamond jump
    I’d actually like to hear an answer to this from the guys playing diamond.  I’m toying with Idea of Diamond jump for last month for all the reasons @retirepujols outlined earlier.  Want to see if it’s something I’ll ever do again.

I had a solid plan in place based on advice when I went Plat.  Looking to get a similar plan together to evaluate a Diamond jump
    Even if you have a sucky diamond team, you'll earn gold to chase keeper's at years end. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Taking the diamond plunge tomorrow for the same reasons. YOLO. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Anyone who is on the fence about it, the game has 2 months left in its shelf-life. At this point you have nothing to lose, even if you are resource poor in terms of lxp you can grab some FPs on the weekend and go nuts of boxes. Most diamond teams make the bulk of their lxp on repulls from players. Worse case scenario is you fall behind the WOH curve for a week playing catch up. Try and get 4-5 d10 bats for WOH, (good ones) that you can still grind Monday towers and make lxp for the following week.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    edited December 2020
    I'm excited to hear that a bunch of guys are moving up!  A lot of players seem dissatisfied with WOH, but for anyone who is making a level jump to plat/diamond - while the WOH reward players may be mediocre, they are nearly free to obtain and super cheap to level (because of repulls).  I think WOH is still hands down the cheapest way to build a solid team, it just requires a time commitment. Good luck guys! 
    I'm excited to hear that a bunch of guys are moving up!  A lot of players seem dissatisfied with WOH, but for anyone who is making a level jump to plat/diamond - while the WOH reward players may be mediocre, they are nearly free to obtain and super cheap to level (because of repulls).  I think WOH is still hands down the cheapest way to build a solid team, it just requires a time commitment. Good luck guys! 
    I agree completely. If you have time for WOH and need to build a team, then it's GREAT. Once you have your team built and are mostly at the curve, it's not much more than a resource builder (if that).
    your spreadsheet is the bomb.

I read about all these repulls when it costs me nearly 100K gold most times now just to get a legend. Lol

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    edited December 2020
    @drsmartassphd - thanks man, I'm a Excel nerd.  Leveling players correctly and maximizing the value of your repulls is probably the most important aspect of the game to master at plat/diamond in order to save money.  
    @SandlotGuru is THEE excel nerd.  He’s been a massive help the last two years. Can’t say thank you enough