Options

Should I wait?

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
I got Cecil Cooper from a Clash box yesterday (I already have Gehrig at first) is he worth leveling up or should I wait since bumps will be soon. I already leveled Randolph and Scioscia this past weekend I was holding off because I have Molitor and Piazza but I couldn't resist Randolph's skill set or Scioscia's being a lhb and his skill sets as well and I am in the same boat with Cooper even more so because of the 2xHH. I would love your guys insight...

Comments

• Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Cooper is nice no doubt. 600 will be here before you know it. Given that 18 ended essentially at 550 and 19 at 600 it seems likely that Gehrig could end up as high as 650. Even with inferior skill set to Cooper that’s still a force if he’s already capped for you. Could you replace DH?
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Double hot hitter is gorgeous. I have 565 Cabrera at first with those skils and he's one of my best bats even though 580's came out the very next day lol. That being said, he replaced some scrub not worth remembering - not Lou 🤷‍♂️ if I pull Cooper, I personally don't plan on leveling him. Just doesn't feel right replacing Cabrera with a small bump when another bump should be here very very soon. 

In your case, I would probably just stick with the soon to be 600 Lou 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    samtheman said:
    Cooper is nice no doubt. 600 will be here before you know it. Given that 18 ended essentially at 550 and 19 at 600 it seems likely that Gehrig could end up as high as 650. Even with inferior skill set to Cooper that’s still a force if he’s already capped for you. Could you replace DH?
    Gehrig is capped with skills 16/16. DH is a spot that I am contemplating right now it's filled by Molitor. He's only usable for me when there is lefties in the final round of WoH otherwise the lhp skill is pretty useless to me.
  • Options
    Double hot hitter is gorgeous. I have 565 Cabrera at first with those skils and he's one of my best bats even though 580's came out the very next day lol. That being said, he replaced some scrub not worth remembering - not Lou 🤷‍♂️ if I pull Cooper, I personally don't plan on leveling him. Just doesn't feel right replacing Cabrera with a small bump when another bump should be here very very soon. 

In your case, I would probably just stick with the soon to be 600 Lou 
    Darn right it's sexy as hell, just wished I pulled Aaron instead then it'd be a no brainier 😂, I love the versatility 2x HH... DH would be the only spot I would put him and only use Molitor (who I have there now) when there are lefty pitchers in WoH
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    For me I would replace Molitor with Cooper. I don’t care about WOH and I would expect Cooper to outperform him by a good margin in all other modes of gameplay. Plus you can still put Molitor on your bench to use for WOH.
  • Options
    samtheman said:
    For me I would replace Molitor with Cooper. I don’t care about WOH and I would expect Cooper to outperform him by a good margin in all other modes of gameplay. Plus you can still put Molitor on your bench to use for WOH.
    That's is exactly what I'm leaning towards. I think and correct me if I'm wrong Cooper should still be relevant with those skills until the end. Not a keeper by any stretch of the imagination but relevant for the rest of this year. 
  • Options
    He may not be your best player by the end but definitely good. I can’t remember the player but I had a RHB with double HH that was still good even when he was 100 points from the top.
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    This guy is still on my usual roster, he outperforms Wagner bigly. Double HH players have a much higher shelf life. Cap Cecil, would be my advice. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    This guy is still on my usual roster, he outperforms Wagner bigly. Double HH players have a much higher shelf life. Cap Cecil, would be my advice. 
    Wow, look at that OPS....yup..
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    samtheman said:
    This 100%, I somehow ignored your DH situation 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I pulled him today and replaced rod carew. Definitely gonna be a great performer for a long time 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Small sample size, but this was taken moments ago. I think at a certain point, you sort of hover around .800 unless you're in a .2 stat club 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    Small sample size, but this was taken moments ago. I think at a certain point, you sort of hover around .800 unless you're in a .2 stat club 
    Agreed, that 535 looks amazing still, a WoH stud even now I'm sure. Definitely 2xHH and 2xRhp and a little step down 2xRoB not MoB (that is for you @retirepujols) are the three best combos IMO until I see 2x1st pitch 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m still using 535 Cooper as my closer and am hoping that the 580 version becomes my best performer. That 2xHH Hank is awesome but I haven’t been lucky enough to snag him.