Best skills for pitchers

TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
For SP, Hot is by far the best skill same can be said for SR with Late Innings.

How do you rank then?

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @dfbb @SandlotGuru @dustyhunks would be best to ask as they monitor performance of their rosters. 
    As for me, I dont think it makes an impact either than increasing TS
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    @dfbb @SandlotGuru @dustyhunks would be best to ask as they monitor performance of their rosters. 
    Yeah, there are many that think pitcher skills don’t really factor in other than TS. I’m unsure about that personally. Not sure which year but my ATG SP gave up 4 runs and lost to a mediocre team in a Prime game, so I got mad and leveled him to 16/16 and not even sure if he gave up a run after that. If you have the resources, I don’t see an issue with using them on your pitchers, but I always do the bats first. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Imo, pitcher skills only help for TS. Xfactor skills, however, are awesome for pitchers. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Personally I don't prioritize pitcher skills in the least bit.   Base ratings are all that matters to me, with pennants and Xfactors being secondary.    I have had Christy since the day he dropped which was what 4 months ago?  And I couldn't tell you his skills unless I looked because I don't find it relevant to anything but team strength.   That being said I did 20/20 him  :#
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I pay no attention to P skills, just overall max and x factors.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I don't pay attention to skills either - just focus on stuff and arm ratings, in that order.  Control is the equivalent of speed on a batter, completely irrelevant in TSB '20.  Does control play a role in the new pitching mode in TSB '21?
  • bobrembobrem Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    My keeper Paige is D1 now and has 6731 wins and 137 losses with an era at 1.27. Good enough for anything I need.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Imo, pitcher skills only help for TS. Xfactor skills, however, are awesome for pitchers. 
    Interesting that Xfactor skills matter and regular don’t. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    Interesting that Xfactor skills matter and regular don’t. 

It's a simple multiplier of your pitchers overall ratings. Same for bats. Pitcher skills are just never accounted for in game.