Keeper ATG

rlphillrlphill Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
At this point in the game why aren't ATG keepers from last year not matching current ATGs? They are still being throttled. Makes no sense

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited March 2021
    rlphill said:
    At this point in the game why aren't ATG keepers from last year not matching current ATGs? They are still being throttled. Makes no sense
    ATG keepers never match current ATG. One can only hope that they equal their “True Max”, which so far is off by .01%
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • rlphillrlphill Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I realize they "never" do. The question is why? The keepers are throttled for a reason initially but that reason is no longer a factor now.
    rlphill said:
    I realize they "never" do. The question is why? The keepers are throttled for a reason initially but that reason is no longer a factor now.
    Because they are never supposed to equal the next year’s ATG. The best they will ever be is to equal their True Max from the previous season. Period. Game design. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    rlphill said:
    Why would Glu give you a player that you literally never have to replace as a top player?  That wouldn’t make good business sense. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Why would Glu give you a player that you literally never have to replace as a top player?  That wouldn’t make good business sense. 
    I think when the year is over it wouldn't matter, and I think that may be what @rlphill is getting at. Like maybe the max could just be 600 every year and keepers reach that when the new version is released to bring them up to equal with their "peers." 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think when the year is over it wouldn't matter, and I think that may be what @rlphill is getting at. Like maybe the max could just be 600 every year and keepers reach that when the new version is released to bring them up to equal with their "peers." 
    See now that makes sense and glu wouldn’t have to raise overalls every year and also benefits the player while getting to have a top overall keeper the last month. It’s a win win..  but.... that required some forethought... planning. 
    Not something glu is accustomed to doing... thinking. 
    You guys are trying use “logic” and “Glu” in the same sentence and/or post. Y’all should know better. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I think the op is suffering from premature election syndrome.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard