VIP benefits...FOR LIFE!

SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
In the VIP newsletter from one year ago, it was stated that the benefits from 19 would be “for life”. I absolutely took a screenshot of that in anticipation that Glu would renege on this and make you start from scratch in 2020. So here we are, if only in beta, and VIP level rewards were reset to zero. Is this just in the beta version, or is this the actual plan for 2020? Kind of an important question that needs to be answered by a Glu representative. You know, for legal reasons..

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Any chance you can share the screenshot?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Yes you get vip for life as in gifts but your Allstar level resets it’s not rocket science your thinking to hard here dude 🙄
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    In the VIP newsletter from one year ago, it was stated that the benefits from 19 would be “for life”. I absolutely took a screenshot of that in anticipation that Glu would renege on this and make you start from scratch in 2020. So here we are, if only in beta, and VIP level rewards were reset to zero. Is this just in the beta version, or is this the actual plan for 2020? Kind of an important question that needs to be answered by a Glu representative. You know, for legal reasons..
    You kept your VIP badge, and will get gifts and newsletter. What did they renege on? You are a VIP for life but to get those perks back you have to spend. All star tickets aren’t related to your VIP status. 
  • SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts

“Keep all the perks and benefits for life” 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    they are independent - you needed to spend to level 10 AS in 2019 to achieve VIP. you keep VIP status (VIP lounge, monthly gifts, etc.) but your all-star level resets - you will not have to spend to level 10 to get VIP again. you can get your allstar perks again if you choose to spend, but that's your option for 2020. what is so hard to understand?
    “Keep all the perks and benefits for life” 
    I notice you left out “in tsb19”
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

“Keep all the Perks and benefits for life in TSB19!”
    It is not for anything outside of TSB19. Misleading...possibly. Intentionally....most definitely.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    As long as you can stay alive and play TSB ‘19 you’ll keep those AS perks, in ‘19. 
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    It clearly said All star levels were for life .... pretty much just like they said vip is for life. Yes it says TSB 19 but it’s clearly to mislead people. Why say for life at all ??   
    Pulling out the pieces to make your point is odd to me. It CLEARLY says for the life of TSB19. You can still play the 19 version. I’m not going to argue they could have worded it better but it’s pretty clear these perks were only for the 19 version. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lol well if you guys really want to poke the bear. The stadium says GOLD FOR LIFE, it doesn't state anywhere its only for the current version of the game. Just a thought!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    It is, most definitely, intentionally misleading. That it is standard business practice with their VIP customers/players says an awful lot to me. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    lol well if you guys really want to poke the bear. The stadium says GOLD FOR LIFE, it doesn't state anywhere its only for the current version of the game. Just a thought!
    😳
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Let’s not talk about the stadium . I have been trying to get it for a week but all they want is that dirty Canadian money
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This thread rules
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Pulling out the pieces to make your point is odd to me. It CLEARLY says for the life of TSB19. You can still play the 19 version. I’m not going to argue they could have worded it better but it’s pretty clear these perks were only for the 19 version. 
    ^ Listen to the guy that's been a VIP since the program was created.

If you're a VIP, as long as you play Tap Sports Baseball, you'll continue to be a VIP unless it's manually taken away.

Perks and benefits are not the same as player progression.  The latter has never been something you could migrate.  Could that change?  Perhaps.  But we shouldn't assume things. ;)
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
     The latter has never been something you could migrate.  Could that change?  Perhaps.  But we shouldn't assume things. ;)

Such a tease. Give us the spoilers 🤤
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Let’s not talk about the stadium . I have been trying to get it for a week but all they want is that dirty Canadian money
    Classic narcissist  , phuck the masses , worry only about my $10 please !!!! 🤣

Shazam