Thoughts on 20: App Update available

JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
edited March 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I am really liking the 20 version so far. Yankee stadium is a nice change. Can’t wait for Busch. Target Bash is fun. Gold battles appear to be regularly available. Home Run Derby’s makeover has been interesting and fun again using your own line-up. 

Of course there’s been bugs. The Keeper error was interesting but GLU compensated with a nice gift. 

What’s your thoughts so far? 

Edit: whoa. Lots of changes with new app update. Check it out. 

Comments

• DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    If they limit daily gold videos, as has been seen in the screen shots from Canada, I’m done with the game. It is enjoyable in 2019, even with all the quirks that people complain about. But if such a low threshold is set for daily videos-150 videos/750 gold, as has been reported- that will pretty much be it for me. Videos at least allows the masses to enjoy the game. And if the masses enjoy it and feel like they have a reasonable chance, there is a reasonable chance many of those players will spend- even a little- to get better. Taking away the only ability for many players to reasonably improve their teams is just not a good idea. Hopefully that changes when the US version rolls out.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Oh shiny new pics... how much time/money/effort was spent on that? Why not fix the CVC panning issue or something like that instead of gold plating the terd.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Oh shiny new pics... how much time/money/effort was spent on that? Why not fix the CVC panning issue or something like that instead of gold plating the terd.

@JEDDDOGGY I had similar thoughts...but they refreshed some of theses aspects from 18-19 as well. So maybe just the norm now for each new version. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Is Willie Mays a bonus player in 20?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Is Willie Mays a bonus player in 20?
    No, but Joc Peterson is
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Anyone else notice the change in the batter’s swing? It’s like they dive into the ball now. Kinda weird. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    First thing I noticed was a delay in starting the games with wrigley and Fenway added. 
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I downloaded the app thru APK Pure , I'm  in the U.S. and not seeing an update available  . Anyone else ?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I downloaded the app thru APK Pure , I'm  in the U.S. and not seeing an update available  . Anyone else ?
    Currently, the update appears to only be available in the google play store. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    iOS here - anyone have a summary of updates from the new release?
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Currently, the update appears to only be available in the google play store. 
    Thanks DFBB 
    Another update in iOS. Just FYI. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Looks like Android US is done til PlayStore release. APK hasn't got the necessary update... PM me if I'm missing an alternate solution

• Atama1Atama1 Registered Users 24 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Looks like Android US is done til PlayStore release. APK hasn't got the necessary update... PM me if I'm missing an alternate solution

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Terrible decision by glu. Just wait until they roll out a forced update similar to the one last year that screwed up android gameplay.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Figures.  I dump 20k gold and was #9 in the MVP rankings for this weekend.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’m assuming there was a way hackers could exploit the APK files and glu actually did a good thing and locked them out.  I know there are lots of “legit Americans” that were using it to get an early start but in the long run they did us all a favour.

It should just be a few days until the big release, in the meantime maybe the droid users could start pricing an iOS device?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    whynot said:
    I’m assuming there was a way hackers could exploit the APK files and glu actually did a good thing and locked them out.  I know there are lots of “legit Americans” that were using it to get an early start but in the long run they did us all a favour.

It should just be a few days until the big release, in the meantime maybe the droid users could start pricing an iOS device?
    I wouldn't even know where to start to exploit the files to be able to gain an advantage. 
  • Atama1Atama1 Registered Users 24 Posts
    Im back in this morning.
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    Sorry to be a downer but I’ve played since 15/16 and I hate 20. So many bugs and issues on mine. I’m not playing until they correct it. Ugh