Options

Hot Hitter.

aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
Does anyone know whether the hot hitter skill activates in WOH? May consider taking this weekend's Luis Gonzalez if it were to be active.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Still active after 1 hit?
  • Options
    Tdub71 said:
    Yes.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    Tdub71 said:
    Yes.
    Yay!
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    That’s an interesting skill now that you can see for sure it activates after 1 hit. I’m definitely torn now tough decision 🤔
  • Options
    Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Leadoff was also “activated” when your player wasn’t in the leadoff position. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Lead off was obsviously not active at all in walkoff even if used correctly, so I'm not sure I would put a lot of trust in these shiny new icons.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Lead off was obsviously not active at all in walkoff even if used correctly, so I'm not sure I would put a lot of trust in these shiny new icons.
    But if they were to be activated in-screen but in reality they weren't, wouldn't glu be in some deep ass shit?

• Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Leadoff doesn't work in woh? Dang, who knew! Seriously though, this will be interesting. In '19, beyond the first pitch, we had to rely on our own experience to determine whether skills turned off/on. In '19, 'leadoff' displayed as being active to start the at bat. Beyond that, we just assumed it would stay on. In '20, it will be displayed for every at bat. I think the concept is cool and it was certainly high on the 'wish list' of most in the community. As far as accuracy, I'll reserve judgement for now. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Just because it shows ON, doesn't mean it is. Just as you both pointed out, @JEDDDOGGY @DFBB
    Lead Off showed on 19 but for many of us that grind WOH we can tell right away that the skill was not working the way it should. Just because the new version has icons showing its ON doesn't mean they will be.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I feel like this is my new fav skill... applies so many places.
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Hot hitter is definitely creeping up the list.  I've considered it on par or a tiny bit below blow out for everything but WoH.  Now it seems like it's on par or better than things like RoB for WoH.
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I totally trust glu now that there is a icon that shows it’s on... it’s definitely on. They have never given us a reason not to 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @DFBB for some reason I thought that was the reason you had your custom players skills changed from leadoff to late innings? Anyhoo, yeah, was quite obvious players with that leadoff skill were pretty horrible when used manually in woh.

• Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Just because it shows ON, doesn't mean it is. Just as you both pointed out, @JEDDDOGGY @DFBB
    Lead Off showed on 19 but for many of us that grind WOH we can tell right away that the skill was not working the way it should. Just because the new version has icons showing its ON doesn't mean they will be.

#SkillGate lives on 
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    From my experience, more so with Live Boost, just because an icon is lit up, doesn’t mean it works as it should. This kind of thing would go deep into their programming and coding. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @DFBB for some reason I thought that was the reason you had your custom players skills changed from leadoff to late innings? Anyhoo, yeah, was quite obvious players with that leadoff skill were pretty horrible when used manually in woh.

It was my lame attempt to be funny. I detailed my experience and created a thread (https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/5454809/leadoff-skill/p1 ) about the leadoff skill because the FR that Tuesday(Scwarber, I think) had the leadoff skill and I wanted to warn the public. 
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    But if they were to be activated in-screen but in reality they weren't, wouldn't glu be in some deep ass shit?

Yes, because Glu is typically an honest company and has never performed a bait and switch nor any other illegal dealings. I'm sure this is the thing that will sink them. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I’m contemplating waiting another week to bring my keepers over just to kinda gauge what happens if people take a HH skilled player 
  • Options
    I took Johnny Bench Double LHP and Luis Gonzalez RHP/HH
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    From my experience, more so with Live Boost, just because an icon is lit up, doesn’t mean it works as it should. This kind of thing would go deep into their programming and coding. 
    I’m gonna get lit up and try to forget this app for the rest of today
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    After another couple WOH.....anyone have further thoughts on HH as a skill? 
  • Options
    Still love it.  WOH itself, much less so...