Playoff collection now limited to 5/week:

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Thanks to @jalapenocubbies for sharing. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Goodbye, TSB. It's been a good run.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2020
    It's my understanding that this is targeted towards d6 cycles, but if taken literally, it appears to apply to all tiers. If that's the case, we will no longer be able to go from gold to diamond in one day. Heck, we wouldn't even be able to go from silver to platinum in less than a week. It's beta and maybe things get adjusted.

Edit: I posted this in the charts thread and removed my post as well as subsequent comments so we could avoid clutter on that page. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    It's my understanding that this is targeted towards d6 cycles, but if taken literally, it appears to apply to all tiers. If that's the case, we will no longer be able to go from gold to diamond one one day. Heck, we wouldn't even be able to go from silver to platinum in less than a week. It's beta and maybe things get adjusted.
    Maybe you could if you find out when the “week” ends. Ends Saturday night then you can jump Saturday and Sunday. 10 in 2 days 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    When they killed Evo hunting last year I fully expected them to make diamond cycling near impossible for the f2p guys.  Looks like that is the plan.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    edited March 2020
    DFBB said:
    It's beta and maybe things get adjusted.

I think there will be some backlash, but the blue VIPs that are diamond don't look like they cycle d6. Some guys I see with blue VIP have like 20k games played total.

whynot said:
    When they killed Evo hunting last year I fully expected them to make diamond cycling near impossible for the f2p guys. Looks like that is the plan.

I think they'll scare off plenty of folks who spend a lot of money. Lets call them "intermediate level VIPs". Guys who might spend $1k to $15k but also cycle diamond a ton (people like me). They'll still have the blue VIPs that I mentioned in response to DFBB.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Dumbest move these idiots will ever make. Hope they make some good money off all the new blood this year because it wont last very long with its current user base. Killing off every aspect of this game that made it fun little by little. Glad its finally coming to end.  Glad that we have a voice to represent the concerns of the people like the VIP Counsel members, no wait that was a crap too. I say that with respect too @DFBB but he knows where I stand on this.

They are literally trying to draw blood from a stone but destroying every bit of fun we have with this game. Bottom line, they will be saving many of us lots of money this year.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I finished Silver6 yesterday and just completed Gold4 earlier today. That's 5 levels in under 24 hours. Gonna try the next 100 wins & test this 5 collection limit...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I don’t understand sooooooo you can cycle d6 5x week which I’m clear on. But the pic looks to be referring to cycling silver playoffs x5? 🧐🤷🏻‍♂️
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Like if your bronze 1 currently, you'd only be able to level to b6 this week I assume is, how this works. Really, only affects diamond teams in the long run
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited March 2020
    So they attack silver and gold teams with gold video cap with the goal of forcing teams to go diamond... but then put a cap on d6 cycling. I’m no expert but it sounds like a guy might shoot himself in the foot this year no matter what tier you are 🤔 Lose/Lose
    Great job glu 👏
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I'd usually buy fp once sometime twice a week being diamond in 19. This stays I see no need for me to buy it any longer. And I'm definitely not buying gold. Keep pushing me away from the game
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I guess for me its kind of a perfect medium.   I am willing to grind but not an obscene amount.   There only a handful of times where I did 6+ D6 cycles in a week and definitely prefer that not to be the norm this year.   
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I only do 2-3 normally, so I don't think it will affect me, either.

Edit: That is without fieldpass, so the temptation to buy it is completely gone now.  Full-on F2P it is!
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I can certainly see both sides of it. It won’t impact some people but it will impact others. 

I’m just curious how it will all work. Let’s say you finish your 5, do any tourneys or BG not go towards your next thousand games or will you play your 1000 and then just not be able to play a playoff. I will be interested to see how that works. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    just tired of all of the arbitrary limits starting with the cooldown. 
    JCAM80 said:
    I finished Silver6 yesterday and just completed Gold4 earlier today. That's 5 levels in under 24 hours. Gonna try the next 100 wins & test this 5 collection limit...
    Update : Just knocked out Gold5 and collected. So that's 6 tiers in under 48hrs. Not pushing to/through Platinum yet, so that's where my test ends. 
    edited March 2020
    After having time to think about it, I've came to the realization that anyone who spends enough time on the app to cycle that many times (me) has a serious problem. So they're really just doing me a favor. LOL.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    After having time to think about it, I've came to the realization that anyone who spends enough time on the app to cycle that many times (me) has a serious problem. So they're really just doing me a favor. LOL.
    right, part of my thinking is I dont need to be spending that much time a week on the app
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Takes about 20 minutes when games are going really well for 100 games for me. Multiply that and the time it takes for 5,000 games for the 5 cycles is 16 hours and 40 minutes.  That’s just so much time of your week tapping bonus/tournament games. Comes out to 1 out of your days a week when thinking about being awake for 16 hours a day 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    JCAM80 said:
    Update : Just knocked out Gold5 and collected. So that's 6 tiers in under 48hrs. Not pushing to/through Platinum yet, so that's where my test ends. 
    Did you update prior to t he first playoff collection?

I’m just curious how it will all work. Let’s say you finish your 5, do any tourneys or BG not go towards your next thousand games or will you play your 1000 and then just not be able to play a playoff. I will be interested to see how that works. 
    Based on my understanding, the games will count towards the next cycle. You just won't be able to collect more than five times per week. 

JEDDDOGGY said:
    This is exactly why I'm okay with the limit. A limit was inevitable and I thought one a day would be reasonable. However, I'm still okay with with 5/week. It's silly to say, but it saves me from myself. 
    Did not. I'm still playing the initial '20 release
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Now that it's official, has this or the 150 video restriction been lifted?
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Now that it's official, has this or the 150 video restriction been lifted?
    No.  The video limit is still 150.  I'm giving it a week.  If it's not changed significantly, I'm quitting.  5k gold a week is not worth it
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Yeah, no doubt.  I'm not going to download it until it changes.