Best WOH Keepers From 2019

LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
In both the 2019 and 2020 TSB forums, I see the topic of keepers being discussed ad nauseam.  However, in most cases, it's people asking which of their players they should keep.  Now that it appears there will be no new players added to 2019, I am looking for a definitive answer as to who are the hands down best WOH keepers from 2019.

If you are looking to use your keeper as a WOH closer, who is the absolute BEST right handed batting keeper, left handed batting keeper, and starting pitcher?  

P.S.  Please only answer with statistical facts and not opinions.
Proud TSB VIP!

Comments

• zandermanzanderman Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I kept Butler and Dykstra. Figured it would be better to have two lefties with double right hand skill.
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    zanderman said:
    I kept Butler and Dykstra. Figured it would be better to have two lefties with double right hand skill.
    Are they both max 600?  I'm looking for the best of the best.  For a lefty, I was thinking Jose Cruz would be #1 followed by George Brett.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m really on the fence about who to take. I have every atg. Considering mays, babe, Wagner or Brett. Which 2? 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I did 600’s Brett and Bench. Went with monsters from each side of the plate and 570 Kershaw. Loaded 19 with about 2 weeks to go for keeper purposes. 
  • Shadow451Shadow451 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I brought Brett double RHP.  Great closer
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Vs right:
    1)stan
    2)cruz
    3)brett

Vs left:
    1)Lansford
    2)Wagner
    3)Bench
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    I brought Yogi and LL Trout. I had quite a few other good players to choose from (Wagner, Bench, Brett, Cruz) but I like Trout's double HH skill. He is 590, so not too far off the pace of the others.

Never fight a man with a perm
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I have everyone but Stan I forgot about him. Tho i believe I’m gonna go with mays and babe. I don’t expect woh to be a necessity for building a team it wasn’t in 19. I definitely didn’t build my 19 team from woh lol so considering that I’m gonna go with players with a little more versatility. Also going with the sandman 
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I went with Babe (600)(ROB/ROB) and Posada (580)(ROB/ROB). I never pulled Cruz/Brett/Musial.
    My ML is a switch hitting shortstop with "vs RHP" as his first skill.
    Posada will have to be my righty closer for now.
    I pulled 600 catchers Ferrell (hot/hot) and Bench (LHP/LHP), but didn't want to take a right-handed only hitter.
    My pitcher keeper is Satchel Paige.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I'm doing Ruth and Posada. The double RoB skill is clutch in every mode. I know Posada is a little behind the curve but a switch hitting catcher with those skills makes up for that imo. It also allows me to create a switch hitting SS ML with RoB and then when I go gold add either Rhp or Lhp skill depending on what my need is at that time. Wilhelm will be my keeper pitcher. He's got much better stuff than Paige.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I brought Posada and Mantle.  2 switch hitters, both Yankees for the pennants.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Vs right:
    1)stan
    2)cruz
    3)brett

Vs left:
    1)Lansford
    2)Wagner
    3)Bench
    Are these ranked? Bench has much lower better speed than Wagner.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I did George Brett, Jose Cruz and Hoyt Wilhelm.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Vs right:
    1)stan
    2)cruz
    3)brett

Vs left:
    1)Lansford
    2)Wagner
    3)Bench
    Are these ranked? Bench has much lower better speed than Wagner.
    I ranked them, but they're all in the same tier. The only exception is that Lansford is clearly the most superior bat vs leftys. I do prefer Wagner over Bench, but they're about the same to me. The trade off in 'hit' vs 'power' makes their gap negligible imo. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I keeping Bagwell (580), Cruz (600), and Wood. Went with my heart on Jeff Bagwell and Kerry Wood. And my head with Cruz.

Leaving Jackie, Hornsby, Paige, Gehrig, Brett, Cabrera, Trout, and Posada behind.

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    It’s a damn shame they didn’t produce a double blowout 600 hitter. I’m currently not moving forward with 20’, but I’d be going with Cruz and Musial. I don’t think there’s enough demand at relevant times for a right bat. In 18’ I brought over double lhp Molitor...The guy never made my roster in woh. There’s always someone better to take that rare position 
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    edited March 2020
    when was there a 600 stan musial im confused

edit: nvm
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I went with Yogi, Ruth, and Kershaw very tough decisions.  I think I should have take Wood over Kershaw, but Kershaw has the higher stuff rating, so I took him.  While I ended with 9 ATG, none of them were pitchers.  As for hitters, I wanted a catcher.  I took Yogi over Ferrell and Bench.  Lefty's are so much more useful early on and later in the game my keepers were never closers. I took Ruth over Brett, Mantle, Trout, Ruth had the highest hit, ROb is very flexible, he performed really well in 19, I know I will keep my Yankee pennants high, and he's Babe Freakin Ruth.  I did not take Brett because Royals pennant wont be needed until legends, There are a ton of current and legend 3b in the game, and I had a decent 3b to start with in 20.  I liked Mantle's skill flexibility and him being a switch hitter, but just couldn't justify over Ruth.  Trout was the interesting one.  I think Hot hitter is underestimated.  If it turns on after 1 hit in WOH, I wish I would have taken him.  
    I opened a crap ton of boxes and got Brett and Gehrig the notable ones. I'm thinking possibly now Brett and Ruth as keepers. What is everyone's opinions'?
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    If your main focus is WOH, Brett and Babe are your best options.  If not, I would take Posada and Babe.  Just personal preference, though.  C is a notoriously tough position to fill, especially early.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I went with Paige, Brett, and Wagner...all 600s
  • ZZPOOCHZZPOOCH Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Rippers said:
    I went with Paige, Brett, and Wagner...all 600s
    Exact same 3 for me.
  • ZZPOOCHZZPOOCH Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    The only other play I was highly tempted to take was Bench 600 double Left Handed Pitching...went back and forth with Wagner.
    Tdub71 said:
    If your main focus is WOH, Brett and Babe are your best options.  If not, I would take Posada and Babe.  Just personal preference, though.  C is a notoriously tough position to fill, especially early.
    Both WoH and CvC but I give CvC the edge though
  • MOSSMOSS Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I took Gonzo (RHP + HH), Ferrell (2x HH), and Hoyt the faceless. Surprised I didn't see more Gonzo keepers, I'm hoping HH is the new sought after skill since we saw some late legends with it in '19.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I was thinking about Gonzo and Ferrell too, but everything I read said HH doesn't activate in WoH. 
  • TrojanKi7TrojanKi7 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I took Mike Trout( double hot hitter)@600 & Jorge Posada(double RISP & a switch hitting catcher)@580. Other contenders were Reggie Jackson(double Power)@540 and Eric Davis. I like to take at least one switch hitter for WOH and possible DH spots
  • digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Just wondering cuz I don't ever see him brought up. Aaron, something wrong with him. Or Darrell or Dwight Evans? Or Greene? Plus finally saw one for Eric the Red.
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    The 600 Brett is great
    I got the Lindor from the box. I know not much to scream about early but I do have a solid SS for now... I haven't brought my keepers over yet but made my ML yesterday 40-40 catcher, switch hitting, rhp skill. I set on Brett and Wilhelm as keepers but going back and forth with Ruth or Davey?