Solo Club - pros and cons

iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
Is there anything good about having a solo club other than not having to worry about competing with your own clubmates in CVC (which I know can be huge)?

When is it worth it or not worth it?
Thanks
Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Is there anything good about having a solo club other than not having to worry about competing with your own clubmates in CVC (which I know can be huge)?

When is it worth it or not worth it?
    Thanks
    I suppose everyone has different motives, but I’ve been solo with zero regrets. And planning on staying that way unless rewards drastically change.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    My thing with solo is that if I take a day/week off of an event I don’t feel like I’m letting clubmates down. And cvc of course. But when I join a club I get too competitive and too involved in the game 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @Bigpredfan, exactly my thoughts.  I never played solo until now.  Leveling the club is going to be a huge frustration, but I think I am going to stick with it for a while, at least.
    Tdub71 said:
    @Bigpredfan, exactly my thoughts.  I never played solo until now.  Leveling the club is going to be a huge frustration, but I think I am going to stick with it for a while, at least.
    Practically impossible to level up solo without moving up yourself. 
    I am finding that out.  Waiting another day or 2 before I move to silver, but the club is only at B2...
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I am finding that out.  Waiting another day or 2 before I move to silver, but the club is only at B2...
    Ahhh just invite a bunch of folks to donate and then booted when you get where you wanna be for a minute 🤣
    Tdub71 said:
    Ahhh just invite a bunch of folks to donate and then booted when you get where you wanna be for a minute 🤣
    It has crossed my mind, but I think I am too nice.  I would probably end up letting them stay too long...
    My club is public. If anyone joins and donates then great. If not it’s ok 
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Sounds like a trap
    lmao 
    Just kidding of course BigPred
    Sounds like a trap
    lmao 
    Just kidding of course BigPred
    It is a trap. I just ain’t hiding it. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    This is the reason Cooldown was implemented. Most people I played with had 2 accounts- 1 to hold cvc solo, and 2 to play as a club. Resource glitch put an end to that...  
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    I know a guy who collected clubs like some people collect stamps.  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Correct me if I am wrong there is no option to give or receive gifts right now? I’m sure the option to send gifts will occur after cooldown is implemented 
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Probably yes, I had to buy the .99 cent draft pick on my 5 holders was going to send myself gifts.  I hate the automatic adds