TSB 20 Keeper Advice

bambler34bambler34 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts

Wanted some advice picking my two position keepers for TSB 20 — definitely keeping Satchel Paige as my P Keeper. Here are my POS options I’ve narrowed down to:

• 2B Rodgers Hornsby (600 Max, RHH, ROB / LHP Skill)
  • 3B Tim Wallach (600 Max, RHH, LHP / Blowout Skill)
  • OF Mickey Mantle (600 Max, SWH, ROB / Blowout Skill)
  • C Jorge Posada (580 Max, SWH, ROB / ROB Skill)
  • 3B Mike Schmidt (580 Max, RHH, ROB / ROB Skill)

My gut is saying to keep Mantle and Posada based on their ability to switch hit and get at least some boost with ROB for WOH (double for Posada) making them threats against any P — a skill that should play well in all modes, also.

Based on position scarcity however, I’m wondering about taking Hornsby (2B)  or Schmidt (3B) instead of Mantle (OF) thinking that it’s easier to find high quality OF. My Legend is a Switch Hitting SS so this argument also favors taking Posada to cover the C position. Could take Wallach for 3B but I like Schmidt’s ROB / ROB Skillset.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• coachpat2coachpat2 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Imo keepers suck and they cost way too much to upgrade. I think they play like 3 star players too. To answer your question though, I don't think it really matters. You'll use them for a month tops and then move on to much better players that you can max out for a fraction of the cost. 

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Don't overthink it. Take the keepers you value the most and go with it. Posada and Mantle are solid choices.
  • eastcoastaseastcoastas Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    bambler34 said:

Wanted some advice picking my two position keepers for TSB 20 — definitely keeping Satchel Paige as my P Keeper. Here are my POS options I’ve narrowed down to:

• 2B Rodgers Hornsby (600 Max, RHH, ROB / LHP Skill)
    • 3B Tim Wallach (600 Max, RHH, LHP / Blowout Skill)
    • OF Mickey Mantle (600 Max, SWH, ROB / Blowout Skill)
    • C Jorge Posada (580 Max, SWH, ROB / ROB Skill)
    • 3B Mike Schmidt (580 Max, RHH, ROB / ROB Skill)

My gut is saying to keep Mantle and Posada based on their ability to switch hit and get at least some boost with ROB for WOH (double for Posada) making them threats against any P — a skill that should play well in all modes, also.

Based on position scarcity however, I’m wondering about taking Hornsby (2B)  or Schmidt (3B) instead of Mantle (OF) thinking that it’s easier to find high quality OF. My Legend is a Switch Hitting SS so this argument also favors taking Posada to cover the C position. Could take Wallach for 3B but I like Schmidt’s ROB / ROB Skillset.

What do you guys think?

Mantle and hornsby
  • eastcoastaseastcoastas Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I'd keep mantle and hornsby