Acuna Bonus player?

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
I've got the 285 Acuna in my lineup and no bonus points from game play.  There isn't an Acuna in the NL East box.  Anyone else with this issue?

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It’s the franchise coin Acuna. That’s why it says franchise under his picture. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited March 2020
    It’s the franchise coin Acuna. That’s why it says franchise under his picture. 
    they did it with Prime Franchise Judge as well. I like it. Gives another use to franchise coins. 
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, I've been using the franchise version Acuna and I do get the bonus points ... on the rare occasion I win the game. I'm winning about 35% of my bonus games (at bronze with everyone capped: ML, keepers, even relievers).
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Thanks, old eyes did not see the Franchise tag.

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    ....I'm winning about 35% of my bonus games (at bronze with everyone capped: ML, keepers, even relievers).
    Do you have your Hit and Trainer upgrades maxed ? Also need decent pitchers. 
    edited March 2020
    COWPILEY said:
    ....I'm winning about 35% of my bonus games (at bronze with everyone capped: ML, keepers, even relievers).
    Do you have your Hit and Trainer upgrades maxed ? Also need decent pitchers. 
    Yes, I have all of the offensive upgrades maxed as well as "Pitching Coach".
    I run into silver pitchers quite a bit, but I lose a lot to lower rated pitchers too.
    I guess I'll just have to patient and wait for better players.

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    What I'm wondering is, why are the tiers so high for 2020? It's 2.5M on '19 to reach tier 6, which can be done in 2-3 minutes. Yet it's 25M on a new game where the majority of players are still Bronze with little to no bonus players rostered
    edited March 2020
    I just snapped a 16-game losing streak.
    I took the Resilience (Better Play After A Loss) upgrade from 0/20 to 20/20 very early in that streak but it kept going. I closed and reopened the the app a few times during the streak in case that matters (didn't help). I had gotten up to a 51-61 record for the day but that went to hell.

I had several 4-6 game losing streaks some 7 out of 8 type of runs earlier today, but 16 is crazy.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    What I'm wondering is, why are the tiers so high for 2020? It's 2.5M on '19 to reach tier 6, which can be done in 2-3 minutes. Yet it's 25M on a new game where the majority of players are still Bronze with little to no bonus players rostered
    I'm surprised more people haven't recognized and complained. The tiers aren't that great of prizes anyway. No need for Glu to prevent people from getting them.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Best I got out of the VIP gifts were a 265 Arenando, Acuna, and Morton/Paddack as pitchers.  
    Won't make a big deal in the long run, but would be nice now.

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Acuna sucks. After 3 games he was hitting .071. I remember when franchise players used to help your team. I win more without him than with him.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    Acuna sucks. After 3 games he was hitting .071. I remember when franchise players used to help your team. I win more without him than with him.
    Franchise players are just normal players, but capped at your level. Same player you can get from draft picks. Prime franchise players are prime players, when there aren’t prime players around.