Question for those that played 19 but are skipping 20

babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
Have you downloaded 20 and tried it at all?  I am in the boat of playing only if they ditch the video limit but I did download it and played a little.  I found that thus far it's completely lost its appeal.  Starting with crappy players and going through the same cycle again just seems tedious.  Regardless of gold, and the quality/game play issues, it's not pleasant to do the exact same thing all over again.  One full season of it seemed like enough.

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Won't download and I agree with you. No desire at all to build another team, and especially continue to give a company I don't trust my money. 2019 was a lesson learned.

Great game, great concept, but way too expensive for me, especially when you consider GLU's practices.  Really frustrates me for a lot of you who are great folks, but are clearly addicted.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @drsmartassphd, yep.  The addition is real.  I did learn my lesson regarding $.  No money spent in '19, after my return in early January, and nothing spent in '20.  I will probably break down and buy the stadium at some point soon, but that will be my limit.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts

Won't download and I agree with you. No desire at all to build another team, and especially continue to give a company I don't trust my money. 2019 was a lesson learned.

Great game, great concept, but way too expensive for me, especially when you consider GLU's practices.  Really frustrates me for a lot of you who are great folks, but are clearly addicted.

It's only expensive if you want it to be.
    I only bought the stadium in '17 & '18. Still had really good Gold teams in the end.
    In '19 I bought the stadium and had the $2.99 sub all year. At the end of Feb, realizing I'd enjoyed this game basically free for 3 years, decided to VIP before '20 launched.
    Now I'm just back to stadium only but will get to enjoy VIP perks on top of being a FTP player again.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited March 2020
    They've totally killed the FTP people in 2020 imo of course. During work I would play and farm gold. Now I can’t even do that. The game is off 70% if the day now. Fine by me. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    They've totally killed the FTP people in 2020 imo of course.  
    Imo, it's never been better for ftp guys.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @DFBB I'd love to see your reasoning for that opinion. How is a daily video gold limit of 750/day better than what we had in '19?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Because @DFBB will play Gold battles 24/7 for his gold.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @DFBB maybe that will be the case soon, but not having to ability to watch videos for three days it’s kinda put me at a stand still.
    @DFBB I'd love to see your reasoning for that opinion. How is a daily video gold limit of 750/day better than what we had in '19?
    Gold battles. If you're  a grinder and practice, it's infinitely better than unlimited videos.
    DFBB said:
    Gold battles. If you're  a grinder and practice, it's infinitely better than unlimited videos.
    I’ll give this a try and see how it goes. 👍🏼🤞🏻
    DFBB said:
    I’ll give this a try and see how it goes. 👍🏼🤞🏻
    I would practice with cash battles until you can consistently flush them all out. 
    Well again that comes down to how much time you can focus on the app and nothing else. Vids is passive gold income, gold battles require me to focus on my phone. I get that some people have unlimited free time to play this game almost 24/7, but I believe those are the minority. 

But you do make a fair point about a different avenue to gold collection. 
    Well again that comes down to how much time you can focus on the app and nothing else. Vids is passive gold income, gold battles require me to focus on my phone. I get that some people have unlimited free time to play this game almost 24/7, but I believe those are the minority. 

But you do make a fair point about a different avenue to gold collection. 
    That's fair. I realize that videos are somewhat passive, but my point was that it's an ftp guy's dream. Obviously, no guarantees, but the potential is there. It's been absolutely glorious for me thus far.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    DFBB said:
    They've totally killed the FTP people in 2020 imo of course.  
    Imo, it's never been better for ftp guys.
    I agree with you since I intend on going diamond. It's excellent for FTP diamond. But, I wouldn't say so for below Diamond. 
    @DFBB yes that's totally fair, for grinders who have craploads of free time, this *could* be a better option.
    But I wonder how well this will work long term. In a couple months when the big boys are all diamonds with capped bats the only people who will be able to win consistently are fellow diamond players with capped bats. So you're either all in and have a chance, or you're just cannon fodder for the real players. Or at least that seems the most likely outccome to me. 
    When I tried gold battles in '19, it was mostly plat/diamond players all going 10/10 and getting max distance on most of those. I don't think this is a viable option for anyone that isn't 6+hour/day grinder and/or a massive spender. 
    When I tried gold battles in '19, it was mostly plat/diamond players all going 10/10 and getting max distance on most of those.
    I wouldn't advise gold battles unless you can consistently flush them all.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Even if you only win 2 out of 3 hr battles, that's a profit of (on average) 20 gold per match. Plus, you get gloves too. I think being good enough to win 2/3 of your battles is fairly reasonable. I'm probably closer to 50 percent, which at that rate I'm just paying the house juice. I also hate hr battles because they are boring and repetitive.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited March 2020
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Even if you only win 2 out of 3 hr battles, that's a profit of (on average) 20 gold per match. Plus, you get gloves too. I think being good enough to win 2/3 of your battles is fairly reasonable. I'm probably closer to 50 percent, which at that rate I'm just paying the house juice. I also hate hr battles because they are boring and repetitive.
    I’m 0/2 on those and stopped until I’ve practiced enough to remember how to derby. I can come out ok in cash battles. I’m just not ready to face experts yet
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    How are you matched in battles?  I would assume it's easier to win by having fully upgraded and higher overall players.  What approach should be taken to upgrade your team, in a timely fashion, without relying on buying anything?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @babyjboots In '19 Slugfest and Cash Battles were the path to building your team in bronze and silver. I played that almost solely through April. Can't imagine it is much different this year with the exception of having to pull slugger draft picks.