Things that make you go Hmmmm...

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
Yeah, this is okay....

Comments

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    All 21 of my initial season mode loses are to pitchers jacked over 10. Ridiculous 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Thanks. Now that song will be stuck in my head all day. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I actually prefer this compared to previous years.   For example we would get a 500+ Verlander in diamond and not understand how.  At least there's a visual reason now whether you want to make sense of it or not
    I actually prefer this compared to previous years.   For example we would get a 500+ Verlander in diamond and not understand how.  At least there's a visual reason now whether you want to make sense of it or not
    Also, at least you can have better pitchers than what those are. Those 500 pitchers were when the best in the game were less than 400. Be thankful you can have better pitchers than what you face 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    That Brewers matchup with Houser pitching is exactly what I just lost to in the first round of the silver playoffs, except that the Brewers only had a TS of about 37,700 and Houser was only at level 11, rated 108.  He threw two shutouts anyway, which is basically impossible for a 108 rated pitcher, my team rakes against those guys.  Seems like the difficulty is customized to each player to make sure that you can't beat it.  It's probably on purpose to make sure that the beta players don't get too far ahead.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    From what I remember early on in 19 you gotta good boost to have a chance. I’m bronze and just advanced to championship which I will play later. I anticipate losing but I’ll do 80 gold boost to try. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Not so tough when they aren’t banging garbage cans for an advantage. I did use an ice wrap for Wood and 80 gold boost in both games. 

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    It's still ridiculous, but I guess it is better to actually see it.  We always knew that was exactly what was happening, but the transparency is a nice change.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

I seen't this shared earlier. It's dumb 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    This happens after you win your first season mode. Its beyond ridiculous the length they go to screw over its customers. Heck even warm up WOH on 2-10 your down 3 with no runners. I would love @drsmartassphd to try and play WOH when its this early, it would give him a whole new meaning to cheat outs, lol.

With all the changes we saw in 19 and and the new stuff we are hearing, their greedy is growing stronger and stronger. They are banking on all hew blood they will get when they hit the new markets, wish someone could warn people to stay away from this curse of a game. So much potential, great concept, great community.... Run and managed by complete morons.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy

I seen't this shared earlier. It's dumb 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    Going with the theme of the title of this thread, if I come across him I’m gonna hit him with a brick. Ain’t no way he gonna be cheating on me. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    This happens after you win your first season mode. Its beyond ridiculous the length they go to screw over its customers. Heck even warm up WOH on 2-10 your down 3 with no runners. I would love @drsmartassphd to try and play WOH when its this early, it would give him a whole new meaning to cheat outs, lol.

With all the changes we saw in 19 and and the new stuff we are hearing, their greedy is growing stronger and stronger. They are banking on all hew blood they will get when they hit the new markets, wish someone could warn people to stay away from this curse of a game. So much potential, great concept, great community.... Run and managed by complete morons.

Nope nope nope nope.

Not even going to download 2020.

I have NO DESIRE to start this whole process over, nor do I feel this game is worth the time, money, and effort if this is the direction it is going. I told you all it would be worse, and it is. Outside of the "target" thing, there isn't a major change in this game in terms of graphics, gameplay, etc, that warrants this type of expense. Nor do I want to "grind" 5-6 hours a day in diamond.  That's a lifestyle, not a game.

At least they are being honest about the level of pitcher. Now I feel a lot better about my whining in 2019. We all knew that was going on. They even admitted it twice (that I know of).

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

dkarski87 said:

Nope nope nope nope.

Not even going to download 2020.

Mistake number 1- you came to the new 2020 forums. Download will follow :)

Oh you don't know me well. LOL

I stated on the 2019 forums I would still come here due to the fact that I enjoy the commentary, but I won't download 2020. I went all out in 2019 and that's that for me.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    @drsmartassphd I think you’ll enjoy target bash in 20. Download it just to try that and then if you don’t like it...delete and be done. 

Oh you don't know me well. LOL

I stated on the 2019 forums I would still come here due to the fact that I enjoy the commentary, but I won't download 2020. I went all out in 2019 and that's that for me.

The community is the way to stay involved. To truly get away from TSB, you must pull away from every aspect of it, including the community. Or you’ll still be around. I’ve redownloaded too many times because I can’t fully quit the community. 
    JTPASTOR said:
    @drsmartassphd I think you’ll enjoy target bash in 20. Download it just to try that and then if you don’t like it...delete and be done. 

I honestly don't even have the motivation to try and get a few decent players to even try it. I'm burned out on building a team. I'm going to spend the 30K in gold I have left for 2019, then play 2019 when the moment feels right.

@bigpredfan: my will is strong, bro. LOL

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    So are the Brewers and Astros the teams you face in the playoffs? I know early in 19, the Astros were hard to beat and guys were switching to them to avoid that matchup. I was curious who those teams are this year. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Cheat pitcher for the Brewers took me out in 1st round....and they won the Championship 
    Hey now, using the word "cheat" around here is a no-no! We all know GLU wouldn't program the game to cheat.

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    So are the Brewers and Astros the teams you face in the playoffs? I know early in 19, the Astros were hard to beat and guys were switching to them to avoid that matchup. I was curious who those teams are this year. 
    not sure. I took on the Indians first round and was swept. Arizona was the champion. 
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I lost to the Brewers 4-3 in game 3 of finals, beat the Nats and Astros to get to them
  • Coop2010Coop2010 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Most ridiculous thing I’ve seen a game company do to cheat their players. I thought woh was bad when I saw how hard they made the warm up lvl until I saw how they’re increasing the teams players we have to go up against in season mode by up to 15 levels over what’s possible for us just so they can get people to waste a ton of gold and still lose a huge percentage of the finals anyways. They know we need pennants to improve our teams so we either have to keep trying to win against their what should be be impossibly boosted players in season mode over and over or just give up and buy pennants from their store. Think I’ll save my money for the time being and MAYBE start up playing again once they decide to start evening things out later in the season like they do every year. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    The comedy gold of the great Dr. playing early season woh...lol...we need to start a go fund me gift drive.
    whammo911 said:
    The comedy gold of the great Dr. playing early season woh...lol...we need to start a go fund me gift drive.

Still haven't downloaded 20! My will is strong fellas.

I've had some other guys I'm keeping in touch with share the early season nightmare. No doubt I'd have a blast with some solid bitch sessions, but I'm good.