Gold farming limit

TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
Is it possible to get a petition to remove this nonsense? I wish Glu wasn’t a bunch of greedy pujols. Kind of ruins motivation to play the game for me. Stacking up gold to use during events, boxes, and so on. With new boxes 3 times a week there is no way FTP or small VIP players can keep up with spending the amount required for a box with the chances they give you. They ain’t getting any more money out of my bank account. 

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This game is free to play, but pay to win. That’s the reality. Even though I am hurt by the video limit right now I understand it. I don’t believe this game is, or should be, designed where players get tons of resources by having ads play on their phone instead of actually playing the game. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This game is free to play, but pay to win. That’s the reality. Even though I am hurt by the video limit right now I understand it. I don’t believe this game is, or should be, designed where players get tons of resources by having ads play on their phone instead of actually playing the game. 
    Well said.   Having been diamond the last 9+ months, going back to ads is very painful.  Even 150 a day is boring, the last few days I haven't been able to bring myself to do that because there isnt really a huge need for me to have gold with these boxes.  That and watching endless ads, isnt actually playing the game like you said.

If you want more gold then the 150 videos, there is option to gold derby battles.   Do they require more attention and more skill then watching an ad.   Well yes of course and that's the way it should be.   Time and effort should get rewarded, along with of course spending.  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Limiting ads means less time on the app which means less time playing the actual game. No gold... no boxes to open..  no  bonus players.. no events to play in. So what u are saying is spending money is actually playing the game? 
    Limiting ads means less time on the app which means less time playing the actual game. No gold... no boxes to open..  no  bonus players.. no events to play in. So what u are saying is spending money is actually playing the game? 
    No. I’m saying there are ways to earn gold by playing the game instead of having videos playing on your phone. Derby has gold battles now where you can earn gold and you can earn gold by playing division games and playoffs. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I was only diamond for about 6 weeks at the end of '19, and only cycled D6 about 10 or 12 times, but that was so much better than grinding videos, for me.

I definitely understand the passive collection that videos provide, I just find it painful.  

Don't get me wrong, I am going to watch my 150/day.  Committing to be F2P this year means I need to farm gold however I can, but I don't have a problem with the limit, personally.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I get that this game is meant to be played and not spent watching videos. But what about the diamond cycle now? 3000 games instead of 1000 and only 500+ more gold. The gold battles are great but when you go up against teams that go 10/10 and max distance it’s kind of annoying to sit there and win your gold back with 2 games for ever loss you take. I have time to play the game and watch videos but I don’t have the money nor the required amount of time to spend getting through 3000+ games trying to be just a mediocre player. 
    TBWepa said:
    I get that this game is meant to be played and not spent watching videos. But what about the diamond cycle now? 3000 games instead of 1000 and only 500+ more gold. The gold battles are great but when you go up against teams that go 10/10 and max distance it’s kind of annoying to sit there and win your gold back with 2 games for ever loss you take. I have time to play the game and watch videos but I don’t have the money nor the time to spend 12 hours playing trying to be just a mediocre player. 
    I’m of the opinion that it won’t stay at 3,000 games for D6. I’d be shocked honestly if it didn’t go back to 1K. 

Glu has taken extreme measures in the past to curb a glitch. 2-3 seasons ago they temporarily removed all gold from every playoff level, and then it came back fairly quickly. I’m thinking this is like that. 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    I get that this game is meant to be played and not spent watching videos. But what about the diamond cycle now? 3000 games instead of 1000 and only 500+ more gold. The gold battles are great but when you go up against teams that go 10/10 and max distance it’s kind of annoying to sit there and win your gold back with 2 games for ever loss you take. I have time to play the game and watch videos but I don’t have the money nor the time to spend 12 hours playing trying to be just a mediocre player. 
    I’m of the opinion that it won’t stay at 3,000 games for D6. I’d be shocked honestly if it didn’t go back to 1K. 

Glu has taken extreme measures in the past to curb a glitch. 2-3 seasons ago they temporarily removed all gold from every playoff level, and then it came back fairly quickly. I’m thinking this is like that. 
    I sure hope so. Because there wouldn’t be much of a point to go diamond and cap a player using the gold you got from cycling because by the the time he reaches 10 there are better players out ready to replace him. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I'm not sure why complaining about a diamond limit is any different than complaining about a gold per ad limit.  Since all you diamond guys love to play so much, who cares if they increased the diamond cycle?  You should be thanking them for making you play more!
    No. I’m saying there are ways to earn gold by playing the game instead of having videos playing on your phone. Derby has gold battles now where you can earn gold and you can earn gold by playing division games and playoffs. 
    You say there are other “ways” to earn gold.., Other than derby and videos what other way is there to earn gold consistently? While I respect you and you are one of my favorites on the forum.. i couldn’t disagree with you more. Imo they have cut ftp almost entirely out of the game with video cap. Gold derby is a great addition but it is in no way a complete supplement for video cap. No one is earning what they did from videos from derby which is the obvious goal. Also I see 3k game d6 cycle staying in place. It will be fun to revisit this in a couple months we see. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I agree with @mythicaldragon. But he is wrong about the gold earning part. There are people that are playing gold battles non stop and racking in the gold all day long. x50 the amount you can make from videos. If they want to limit everything, which we see them doing. Videos, D6s, etc.. Then they should limit gold battles as well.
    Simple solution would be just go back to what was working well before, why fix something that isn't broken.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    X50!!?? @dkarski87 I haven’t played a single derby battle yet but dang it looks like I’m gonna have to lol I suck at derby but may have improve my skills 😬. I honestly I wouldn’t have the kind of time mainly attention required to do enough gold battles daily. Just sad to see such a good thing getting ruined I loved this game . I’m still in mourning but I’ll get over it.. eventually. 😞 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Gold battles are a net resource extraction from the game - two guys pay 100 gold each, one guy walks away with 180, the house pockets the difference of 20.  I know certain people are gold battle experts and are raking it in, but that just means that a tons of people are losing their shorts.  For the average player gold battles should be thought of as a gold drain rather than potential generator.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    While people can earn money with derby's, the gold per ad is guaranteed.  I don't trust Glu to match me with someone I have at least a 50% chance of winning against in a derby.  The ones I've played I've always been placed against B10 players while I am B1 and the time I won (because the other player didn't play) the game hung.
    You say there are other “ways” to earn gold.., Other than derby and videos what other way is there to earn gold consistently? While I respect you and you are one of my favorites on the forum.. i couldn’t disagree with you more. Imo they have cut ftp almost entirely out of the game with video cap. Gold derby is a great addition but it is in no way a complete supplement for video cap. No one is earning what they did from videos from derby which is the obvious goal. Also I see 3k game d6 cycle staying in place. It will be fun to revisit this in a couple months we see. 
    Are you telling me that 2 people can disagree on something, still be cordial, and still actually get along?  I knew you would disagree with my stance from the start for what it’s worth. The cap is hurting me temporarily, but I’ll get through that eventually 
    Tsb screen time today so far 1 hour and 7 minutes. At this time of day I typically have logged 6hrs time on Tsb. I’ve missed over half of my energy refills to play games. If I’m not on I forget to play. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Well just wasted 750 gold because I forgot to close out due to CVC. Sent in a ticket, but minimal hope. It can't be that hard to fix this especially since it wasn't broken before
    Are you telling me that 2 people can disagree on something, still be cordial, and still actually get along?  I knew you would disagree with my stance from the start for what it’s worth. The cap is hurting me temporarily, but I’ll get through that eventually 
    Yes sir 👍🏻😁
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    greedy pujols. 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I can’t even get through 150 a day.. don’t know how you guys dedicate yourselves to watch to many.