All please check this out.

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
edited March 2020 in TSB Off-Topic Discussion
I know this game seems to occupy all our time please take a break from this game to check this out.... lifepointbroadcast.churchonline.org
With this corona virus thing rampaging countries, states, cities and communities and with it brings fear, panic and anxiety there is one Person we can look towards for our provision, security, hope, peace and assurance that we can't find in any pointless game or anything else as a matter of fact. The services broadcast out 1pm and 5pm EST. I know this thread will more and likely be closed down quickly but I want share to the Gospel to give everyone peace and hope through this crisis. I ask the mods and admins to leave this thread up as long you can. We all need to come together in Christ that strengthens us!

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    One of my “side jobs” is to do live sound at our church, as well as record the sermons and upload to church website. So obviously, things have changed with last couple of Sundays. Thanks for the share, church is much more than the building and the service. Hopefully others can make use of online “Messages”.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @tshea510 I'm a service producer/production lead for my campus. I agree with you 100%. The church is more than a building.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m the collection counter at our church. People must think I’m trustworthy or something 
    @Bigpredfan you do have a lot of amazing insight.
    @Bigpredfan you do have a lot of amazing insight.
    Appreciate it. 

You would be amazed at what comes through the collection plate. About 3 weeks ago, we had a $1 come through, that was a SILVER CERTIFICATE!  Not a federal reserve note, a silver certificate. From 1935. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @tshea510 I'm a service producer/production lead for my campus. I agree with you 100%. The church is more than a building.
    The church just meets at a building. All followers of Christ are His church
    fahhq2 said:
    The church just meets at a building. All followers of Christ are His church
    Amen!!!
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    We did Drive-In church today where everyone stayed in their cars and we used a FM Transmitter to broadcast on the radio in their cars. It was pretty neat. Thanks for sharing everyone. More than ever we need hope. 
    JTPASTOR said:
    We did Drive-In church today where everyone stayed in their cars and we used a FM Transmitter to broadcast on the radio in their cars. It was pretty neat. Thanks for sharing everyone. More than ever we need hope. 
    I saw that idea this morning and loved it. Ours is just doing pre-recorded sermons which are nice, but I sure do miss seeing everyone. And I’m very introverted. 
  • NotTodayNotToday Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Amazing thread. Thanks for starting it. Both my grandfathers and my father were pastors so I know how blessed we are even during the rough times we are witnessing.  
    Psalms 91: 7-13
    Big Pred is the perfect guy to Pay that man his money.  I’m pretty sure he hasn’t cussed in 20 or 30 years.  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Love the thread! 👍🏻 
    Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge in strength, an ever present help in trouble 
    JTPASTOR said:
    Yeah, I just read about one doing that in our area. Like the old drive-in theaters and you tuned in on the radio. Pretty cool. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Threads like this are what makes me love this forum, God bless you all and stay safe. 
    In Texas, the church I’m a part of does thing differently which I love. We have a rotating set of musicians/bands each Sunday to share their music and faith. As I said earlier, I do the live sound (I’m an ex recording engineer/live sound tech), so each Sunday is different. The following is one of our guests. He’s In the Texas Songwriter Hall of Fame and awesome person as well. I DID NOT do sound on this live club event, but am honored to do sound for him at least once a month, minus drums and steel. Only in Texas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9n8_ceE0_M

tshea510 said:
    In Texas, the church I’m a part of does thing differently which I love. We have a rotating set of musicians/bands each Sunday to share their music and faith. As I said earlier, I do the live sound (I’m an ex recording engineer/live sound tech), so each Sunday is different. The following is one of our guests. He’s In the Texas Songwriter Hall of Fame and awesome person as well. I DID NOT do sound on this live club event, but am honored to do sound for him at least once a month, minus drums and steel. Only in Texas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9n8_ceE0_M

That is awesome! My oldest son he's 16 is learning  the sound board. He's actually one of our A2's and is  also our stage producer/manager. He loves doing sound. My youngest son he's 12 he plays the acoustic guitar (not for church yet) but has taught himself how to play 'Do It Again' by Elevation Worship, 'Waymaker' by Leeland, 'Echo' by Elevation Worship and 'Never Lost' by Elevation Worship. He also is the Production Director for Kidspoint too. 
    “taught himself how to play 'Do It Again' by Elevation Worship“

Man, I’m old and out of the loop. I was thinking Steely Dan 🤷‍♂️
    That song by Steely Dan is pretty much TSB in a nutshell.  That or the Kinks Do it Again should be TSB theme song.  Sorry for getting off topic.  
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I'm just moving this thread to a more appropriate spot.  Carry on.
    👍👍👍
  • LeoKottkeLeoKottke Registered Users, Member 2 Posts