Options

Pennant Question

DigemDigem Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
Is it worth investing in pennants? I've yet to use any, want to wait until I get 3-4 5 stars from the same team then start using the pennants. Does it boost them a lot? Is it worth holding 4.5 star guys to build an eventual theme team? Or are pennants pretty pointless

Comments

• Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Refer to section III paragraph 2 of the Glu owner's manual.
  • Options
    iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I don't know how much of a boost pennants provide. I'm quite curious though.

Both of my keeper hitters are Yankees, so I maxed out the Yankees' pennants in bronze and haven't used any on any other team. I'm just stockpiling them. When I move to silver, I'll cap the Yanks again then start stockpiling. Same when I move to gold.

I'm assuming I that I will end up with more players from teams that have been around a long time and have a lot of legends like the Yankees, Dodgers and Giants. So I'll be reluctant to use pennants for teams like the Diamondbacks or Rays unless it's really late in the season and it makes sense.

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Options
    NoTeethPelosiNoTeethPelosi Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    ^Bingo
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Digem said:
    Is it worth investing in pennants?
    In the long run, yes, pennants help out just like your team upgrades. But this early in season, I would be very selective on which ones. Never for anything that wouldn’t be considered in your long range plans. Strong 5 star players, yes. Keepers, yes. Anything else, no. I’m starting Season tomorrow, will be accumulating, but being wise on when to invest. Or trying to be wise 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    In 2019 both a teammate and I had a gold 10 capped Honus Wagner, 17/17 skills, all cash upgrades maxed. Basically identical in every way...except I had Wagner's pennants at 60/60....and he had them at like 40/60.
    My Honus crushed The Babe in woh - basically only requiring a video boost after the final keeper bump, while his Honus struggled even with an 80g boost.
    The only thing we could figure out as far as the disparity was the pennants.....