Glu lets customers win with changes

Comments

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I doubt the perks carryover.  I read it as the number of tickets will carry over and apply to the 20 system of rewards.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I doubt the perks carryover.  I read it as the number of tickets will carry over and apply to the 20 system of rewards.
    Which makes it worse because the perks are what matters. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    It’s still better than no carryover at all.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah the perks are suckier in 20 for sure. Meh.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    tshea510 said:

I'm staying bronze for a couple more months

Do you plan on season mode? I stayed bronze for 3 seasons in ‘19, HUGE mistake. Got through season just fine but clobbered in playoffs. Went silver and all was well with the world. Not making that mistake this year. 

Nope. I won't finish a full season until I'm silver, which will be a few months.

I'm going to be patient with 20. I'm still playing the crap out of 19. Cycled WoH 5 times last night.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    they did update them a few times last year and added more levels over time...I wonder if there will be an update for this to kick in.
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    The video increase was nice, but now it's taking almost a minute to load the next video after you watch one.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I noticed that yesterday night too.  It looked like there was an extra 20-30 seconds before the pay out screen.
    So that would make the video limit increase....not really worth it :)
  • SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Anyone else playing on a less-than optimal phone? I get terrible glitching issues where I can't swing the bat. Memory runs out and I just watch while the pitcher strikes me out. Yes, this is a change from 2019.
    The video increase was nice, but now it's taking almost a minute to load the next video after you watch one.

Yep, yesterday was my first full day to start stashing, and it took nearly all day to reach 500 videos, whereas in the past I could do that in a few hours.

I was timing it: easily 30+ seconds for the next video to be available. Still that way this morning too. LOL

I knew that was too good to be true.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I didn't watch vids yesterday but this morning I am experiencing a 3-5 second load time between vids. I wonder why individual experiences differ so much with regards to load times.
  • digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I wonder if the transfer of all star tickets will have any affect on one becoming a VIP? I’m sure if it does they’ll add 5 more levels you will need to achieve before you ascend..

So in the past hour, I have been able to load exactly 55 videos.

Between the triple click to get the ad to give up the 5 gold, then the additional 30 second wait between ads loading, it is about a minute or more per 5 gold.  That's what I thought it was yesterday.

At this pace, to load 500 videos would take about 8.5 hours.

Once again, no one else to blame but myself for this. LOL

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

I don't know if anyone has said anything and Glu I don't think has either...but to go from where you're at in 20 now to match what's in 19...do you get to collect each reward from the subsequent tier? Language is vague I feel intentionally.

I just figured they wouldn't give you all the gold, etc, to get there. You would just get whatever other perks come with it in terms of roster space, WOH sims, etc.

Also, about 45 seconds now to load an ad. No way I will ever get near 500 videos today. I just got down to 300 and I've been doing this nonstop since about 9AM

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah videos loading sucks, makes playing woh even more frustrating 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Anybody contact CS? Maybe if we flood their inbox, the developers will get the message and fix it? 
    I just sent a ticket. Not sure if it will do any good, we'll see.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I’ve had one ticket on hold for almost a week now. And I sent in another one today so we will see 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts

I don't know if anyone has said anything and Glu I don't think has either...but to go from where you're at in 20 now to match what's in 19...do you get to collect each reward from the subsequent tier? Language is vague I feel intentionally.
    If you don’t get the perks then it’s not worth it. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2020
    If you don't get the perks / rewards from each level you clear in 20 when they add the tickets, then this makes little sense and would actually be detrimental to most players.

Let's say I'm AS level 9 in 19 and currently AS level 3 in 20. They move my tickets over to 20, and skip what would be otherwise obtainable levels/perks/rewards and take me to a level where I now need possibly a couple/few thousand dollars to hit the next level. So instead of being able to hit all the easy rewards, I don't get any of those and am now in a position where I either spend a ton of money, or get nothing.

Hopefully they'll do the right thing here and folks will get the rewards/perks from all levels they clear in 20 when the tickets are carried over, but I have little faith of that happening for some reason.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I agree with @JEDDDOGGY on all counts.  Why change the policy, and bring the AS tickets over, at all, unless they count toward AS rewards/perks in '20?  That would be a huge slap in the face for anyone that spent $ in '19, regardless of their spending so far in '20.

I also don't have much faith in GLU, given the past track record.  The fact that they even acknowledged them at all, seems to lead toward them counting in some way.  They usually just ignore issues they don't intend to address to some degree.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Let's say I'm AS level 9 in 19 and currently AS level 3 in 20. They move my tickets over to 20, and skip what would be otherwise obtainable levels/perks/rewards and take me to a level where I now need possibly a couple/few thousand dollars to hit the next level. So instead of being able to hit all the easy rewards, I don't get any of those and am now in a position where I either spend a ton of money, or get nothing.

Great point. While I think this will only apply to a small percentage, I do think that they'll do the right thing for those who are affected. Obviously, that's just my take on things. Hopefully, we'll get clarity soon.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    But we paid for those perks, not the AS level per se. I would think, and hope, that we get those perks we paid for, and then continue on with the new ‘20 tiers. If we just all of a sudden become AS 10 or whatever, yeah, that’s a slap in the face
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Man this sux talk about ruining my night at work can’t even meet my gold quota for the day 🤬 
    Hoping they improve after midnight but still gonna be so far behind. Uhhhhhhg ☹️
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    But we paid for those perks, not the AS level per se. I would think, and hope, that we get those perks we paid for, and then continue on with the new ‘20 tiers. If we just all of a sudden become AS 10 or whatever, yeah, that’s a slap in the face

In typical Glu fashion their solution to people's complaints is going to be to create an even bigger complaint if they don't come through with giving people the AS level rewards. Perks should carry over if they're going to carry over VIP and to do it now after launch while not compensating or even apparently planning for something like this is just completely ridiculous. It's "club cohesion" doublespeak all over again! A change publicly stated as being meant to benefit their customers but really, if we don't get those AS level rewards, it keeps Glu from handing out resources we would earn if we spent this season had they just left well enough alone. I'm struggling to see the benefit to any decision this company makes.

Again, all this predicated on the omission of what is actually going to happen. But it's language like this that leaves it open to interpretation and the thing we're all speculating about is not beyond Glu unfortunately.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    With regards to all star tickets/progression/perks/collection of rewards, I’m not gonna assume anything until it happens. Then I’ll complain/give praise 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    With regards to all star tickets/progression/perks/collection of rewards, I’m not gonna assume anything until it happens. Then I’ll complain/give praise 
    Well sheesh.  Where’s the fun in that???
    got a message back on the video problem. CS doesn't know why but has passed it on to developers.