Checking for Videos

TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
edited March 2020 in General TSB Discussion

Anyone else having a problem with after watching a video it usually take the same length of a video to watch another? It just stays on checking for videos? I thought it was a connection issue, like WiFi or slow data but everything is running fine on my end. A few people in my club are experiencing the same issue. 

Comments

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Same here. Once I got past 150 yesterday it kept getting slower and slower 
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    They literally added a 30second delay in between videos 🙄. I timed it and got 30 everytime before another video would load if I tried it before 30 seconds I’d always get the “unable to load videos at this time” but if I waited for at least 30 seconds the video would instantly load. 😒
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Update at 02:00 Central. Videos have loaded faster in between them but have to keep toggling the limit ad tracker after I get a “no videos available” tag. Usually after maybe 10-15 videos. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    I was playing around with this all am on two devices. It seems to depend on the ad you have coming next , it gets bad when there are all crappy adds in the wue. Yesterday around 10am est it was amazing I had rapid fire 5 second videos for like 2 hours 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Don’t think I’ve seen a 5 second video since the dating site with the pool
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    interesting that this happened right after they increased the daily video limit. It’s either a bug they need to fix or it was done on purpose.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    If I notice a lag between any of the video completion screens of even close to 10 seconds, that's when I pull the old reset advertiser id trick & it usually gets smoother. Hope that helps others. 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    edited March 2020
    The only immediate/temporary fix I've found is toggling the ad ID helps for a little bit.  Maybe 25 ads.  Could be just a large influx of users watching these which is straining the load time.  In any case, this would be nice to be fixed ASAP
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    It’s become very slow in between.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Well glad to see it’s not just me... videos are nearly unwatchable for me 😕
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Its not GLU - its the overall stress on the total internet bandwidth due to the CV-19 issue.
    A few hundred million more people are sitting at home telecommuting, playing video games or streaming Netflix shows non stop. In fact - I saw an article a few days ago where the Govt was pleading with Netflix to lower their streaming rate in order to free up more bandwidth.

Ad reset isn't working anymore either. I can't watch more than 1 video without the delay
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    FWIW. I went on to 19. Hammered out 5 vids in under two minutes. I gotta think it’s activity related. Surely more server power or whatever is needed.
    eman0023 said:
    FWIW. I went on to 19. Hammered out 5 vids in under two minutes. I gotta think it’s activity related. Surely more server power or whatever is needed.
    It is within their control whether they acknowledge it or not. It is definitely a direct result of increasing the video limit.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I have also noticed that the videos seem to load slower, the longer the app continuously runs.  If I log out, and back in, they seem to get better for a while.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    FWIW.......ZERO problems in ‘18 & ‘19, very fast and smooth. So.......🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    They are so bad. And I have had issues with video restarts tonight as well
  • TimmosCardsTimmosCards Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    ad vids should be limited to no more than 15 secs, IMHO
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I scoured over some of the Google and Tapjoy API docs and saw mentions of 10 seconds delays here or there.  I remember thinking it might be some type of setting they could mess with.  For 20, it definitely seems like they did.  There are set timeouts after videos.