Glu lets customers win with changes

13Next

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Still terrible even after midnight... I just don’t think I can watch anymore it’s not worth the time n effort. Why is it  there is always issues with this game? Crashing, panning, 3k d6 cycle, video cap, videos won’t load list hits the floor etc.ALWAYS something 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Update it is 2am here.. and videos are now zooming. Hopefully continues now and tomorrow 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Man this sux talk about ruining my night at work can’t even meet my gold quota for the day 🤬 
    Hoping they improve after midnight but still gonna be so far behind. Uhhhhhhg ☹️
    Try not being able to log in becuase of it saying I’m not on my original device, and having 200 vids left. On top of that it was 5:45pm est and didn’t get resolved until this morning. 😰😓😥
    But thank god for 2x gold for 5 days
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    But thank god for 2x gold for 5 days

Really? Ends Tuesday?

Won't matter if it takes 8.5 hours to reach the limit. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    It's kind of funny that there's always a catch with this game.  First 150 videos that you can plow through in 85 minutes, then up it to 500 and it takes a minute for each video with random failures.  One of my favorites has to be when you go for a video restart or boost, it doesn't work but still takes it away.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    got a message back on the video problem. CS doesn't know why but has passed it on to developers. 
    Hope they checked their WiFi first.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    They are still painfully slow, even after the app update. Talk about taking the fun out of the game. 
  • jinnyjinny Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    At first, I thought there was no way that the video load delay was intentional. But now that it hasn't been fixed after they have been contacted about it I can't help but see the truth. 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Still slow for me. IPhone X. Comcast internet. 
    On my end I cannot get through 500 videos. I like the 500, but even pushing it while working and having it to the side while paying with the kids max I’ve done 275-300. 
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    jinny said:
    At first, I thought there was no way that the video load delay was intentional. But now that it hasn't been fixed after they have been contacted about it I can't help but see the truth. 

It is NOT intentional on Glu's part, my gold videos have been loading as fast as ever. Maybe because I'm in Canada ? Anyway I hope videos loading speed will improve soon for those affected
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Since I updated iOS yesterday for the AS Tickets/Perks, I’ve had zero vids for gold, boosts, extensions...nada. Doesn’t say none are available, it just sits there checking....I’m in Canuckland btw
    It's all done with mirrors
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This appears to be an Ios issue. Here's hoping it gets fixed soon.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    they’re back working on all scenarios...30 second wait for gold vids but whatever, they be working 😁
    It's all done with mirrors
  • jinnyjinny Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    jinny said:

It is NOT intentional on Glu's part, my gold videos have been loading as fast as ever. Maybe because I'm in Canada ? Anyway I hope videos loading speed will improve soon for those affected
    I am also in Canada. And you are right the videos are loading well again. However, you must have not been around for the past week. During that time there were ~45-second delays between videos. Lucky you!
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I'm hoping it's not intentional, but **ahem it is**.  Any ad, whether a boost, restart, or for gold, has a start delay and an end delay.  It's just another one of those things with this game where they keep trying to see what they can get away with before we all lose our sh*t and then they throw us a bone.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I'm hoping it's not intentional, but **ahem it is**.  Any ad, whether a boost, restart, or for gold, has a start delay and an end delay.  It's just another one of those things with this game where they keep trying to see what they can get away with before we all lose our sh*t and then they throw us a bone.

First, Glu doesn't host any of the video content. I did a packet capture while running vids on my iPhone and there are handful of domain lookups that happen once initiating vid watching but the top domain returned by far is for adcolony.com CDN's:

Second, I only spent about 5-10 minutes looking at network to see if there were any obvious reasons why there were delays. During the capture there were times where the exchange of packets between server and client would stall right after the device reached out to Apple for whatever reason. I'm not a developer but there are 3 parties involved in this process and someone is doing it wrong. Smells like a misconfiguration more than an intentional, coded method to throttle/mess with you.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Smells like a misconfiguration more than an intentional, coded method to throttle/mess with you.
    Agreed. Hoping they figure it out soon...or at least acknowledge and try to fix it.