Matchups

Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
How the hell is this fair!!!!

Prev1

Comments

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    And again! This is consistently happening, not getting matched up with bronze players, only silver, anyone else going through this unbelievably unfair issue?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It will get worse. Matchups are based on 'wins.'
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Thanks , I always worried how they did those matchups myself
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    DFBB said:

Are you sure about that ? I brought both my teams to B6 playoffs over the last few weeks, and my alt team had way better win % for those BGs than my main team (maybe 75% for alt vs 40% for main) even though it had a bunch more wins than my main. Sure feels like something has changed vs 19 on how matchups are determined
    DFBB said:
    Do you mean wins in a certain level? So if I move up to silver it will get better? And if not how does that make sense, if I continue to lose I will stop playing to stop the bleeding and of course no more spending $ as it becomes useless to do so.  
    1994EXPOS said:
    DFBB said:

Are you sure about that ? I brought both my teams to B6 playoffs over the last few weeks, and my alt team had way better win % for those BGs than my main team (maybe 75% for alt vs 40% for main) even though it had a bunch more wins than my main. Sure feels like something has changed vs 19 on how matchups are determined
    In your case, maybe sample size is responsible for the discrepancy, but I can't say for certain. Based on what I've seen, however, it appears to be very similar to '19.

DFBB said:
    Do you mean wins in a certain level? So if I move up to silver it will get better? And if not how does that make sense, if I continue to lose I will stop playing to stop the bleeding and of course no more spending $ as it becomes useless to do so.  
    I've played since '17 and matchups are always based on total 'wins.' That number was tweaked for '19(worse for us), but the concept itself appears unchanged. When you move up tiers, things will get better for awhile, but you'll soon run into the same issues.
    1994EXPOS said:
    DFBB said:

That’s exactly what I am talking about, some of my club members are pretty much very similar to my team and at same b level yet the win % varies, it just doesn’t make any sense. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Correct @DFBB I believe silver will be about 1200 GP when u start seeing gold teams. After that it will just get worse and worse.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    DFBB said:
    1994EXPOS said:
    DFBB said:

In your case, maybe sample size is responsible for the discrepancy, but I can't say for certain. Based on what I've seen, however, it appears to be very similar to '19.

It sure felt more extreme than 19 to me, but yeah it's hard to say/prove.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited March 2020
    It’s been an ongoing thing with Glu. Way back in Tap 14-15 you could go at your own pace and expect a reasonable amount of fair matchups. But people still complained about getting badly overmatched. So in 16 auto level up was introduced where your team would get automatically moved up when you hit a certain team strength. No one liked this so in 17 they went to the wins model. This is the worst of all because it quickly makes the game difficult and frustrating for dedicated players. The fallacy of the wins model is that they aren’t all equal. The rewards from a typical prime or season game aren’t much. These shouldn’t count at all but they do. And the way they sandbag you is you get to face teams from higher tiers and then you have to ask what is the point of having tiers at all other than to make more money, which is the only reason they exist.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Correct @DFBB I believe silver will be about 1200 GP when u start seeing gold teams. After that it will just get worse and worse.
    I saw Gold teams yesterday in silver and I hadnt even even hit 400 wins yet, as I approached 500 it was more then half the time.  Granted they werent strong gold teams and still won alot of them but it appears it happens alot earlier this year.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I’m Silver, 33k team strength,105 or so wins,16 games into Season mode and matchups are incredibly difficult. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’ve got 250 wins in bronze and every bonus game is against a silver team for me. I’m not going to play their game and level up now because of it because Glu has already taught me that the players I have now will be worthless in two months.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m silver at a little more than 700 games played, 630 wins, and am facing gold teams. Glu wants you to move up and will try to push you towards moving up 
    samtheman said:
    I’ve got 250 wins in bronze and every bonus game is against a silver team for me. I’m not going to play their game and level up now because of it because Glu has already taught me that the players I have now will be worthless in two months.
    Im fine everywhere else, but season matchups are brutal. If it’s this hard with 105 wins....🤷‍♂️
    I’m silver at a little more than 700 games played, 630 wins, and am facing gold teams. Glu wants you to move up and will try to push you towards moving up 
    Yeah, that’s why I moved to Silver very quickly, knowing bronze would be difficult. Well, I still have 100 games till playoffs, won’t that be fun. If I make playoffs 😂
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Yeah, that’s why I moved to Silver very quickly, knowing bronze would be difficult. Well, I still have 100 games till playoffs, won’t that be fun. If I make playoffs 😂
    I’m at the playoffs to go gold. I always rush through to the 6th level before pausing because I know those games will only get harder 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I’m at the playoffs to go gold. I always rush through to the 6th level before pausing because I know those games will only get harder 
    yea i didnt do that for Bronze and paid for it last week, so definitely did that with Silver this week
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Went silver today, 20 wins in and I saw my first gold competitor.....really?
    It's all done with mirrors
    In season mode? 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    edited March 2020

Do I go gold with the resources I have or stay silver? I can’t win a damn bonus game in silver. Lost close to 30 in a row  
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @TBWepa can I ask how you nabbed 3mil in blue cash already 😂🤣
    Yeah, inquiring minds want to know......🤷‍♂️
    tshea510 said:
    In season mode? 
    Nope, Bonus Games
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Make the jump now while your best players are still at the top of the curve. 
    I went silver ASAP when released. Put all my cash on hitting. Leveled up everything else to only 15/40. Then straight HR battles for cash, glove points for loyalty boxes, and cycling Slugfest 
    tshea510 said:
    In season mode? 
    Nope, Bonus Games

I have zero issues in bonus games, prime, etc. it’s the dang season mode that is seriously challenging. Strange we all have different “issues” 
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:
    In season mode? 
    Nope, Bonus Games

I have zero issues in bonus games, prime, etc. it’s the dang season mode that is seriously challenging. Strange we all have different “issues” 
    Yeah same as a clubmate...I’m doing ok in season mode, until semi finals lol
    @TBWepa If you go gold, battles are almost non-existent at the moment. At least, gold battles. 
    DFBB said:
    @TBWepa If you go gold, battles are almost non-existent at the moment. At least, gold battles. 
    Yea that’s what I heard. I did it anyways, going to help me with WoH hopefully and by the time I’m legit max 10/10 the traffic will come into gold. I got a sick lineup for battles now too. Picked up Dietrich, Voglebach, and Renfro this week. Couldn’t nab Sano though. I will prob stick to cash battles for the mean time and build resources back up.