Is it worth it to spend gold this early?

mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
So I just received my all star rewards and got a lot of gold from it. Years past, I would've spent the gold already but is it worth it to wait at least a little bit until the players start coming with skills? 

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I spent enough to get to the 2500 fan rewards tier, then stopped.  Budgeting seems to be the name of the game at this stage, at least for me.

I was very undisciplined on Monday, so I am trying to be cheap for a while to restock.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Same as @Tdub71 here. I would spend, but don’t deplete any stash. Players are going to be changing every couple weeks. Plus with gold being 10x per you can farm a good bit until it’s over on Tuesday. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m spending gold early, but wouldn’t be if fan rewards kept the gold from going into my stadium. I also only buy if there is a player I specifically want. This weekend was Soto. Last weekend was Bellinger. I barely spent any gold during this week because there wasn’t a player I wanted. 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    So I just received my all star rewards and got a lot of gold from it. Years past, I would've spent the gold already but is it worth it to wait at least a little bit until the players start coming with skills? 
    Depends on your team. If you need players to better your team and helmets to level your club then spending now will be helpful down the road. Are you playing gold battles at all? That’s a good way to earn gold. 
    I need this Strasburg, because I was still weak at SP.  Got deGromm, Buehler, and Bieber from the 5* picks when AS tickets came over, so I am a little more comfortable there now.  Still rocking the 4.5* Darvish and 4.5* Montas, but do you guys think it is even worth leveling Buehler or Bieber, at this point?  Is 281 max really that different from 261?  I am still in silver, but may jump to gold if the VIP rewards are enough.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

I jumped in 19 in July....so I have very little context for the shelf life of players.  When to spend gold to chase and when to hold and roll with what you have.

That's sort of my conundrum here now.  I've gotten the roster to all 270-310 guys at every position.  How long are those sufficient? 

in 19, I wouldn't bother upgrading say a 520 Legend with a 540.  A 560 had to have comparable or better skills.  But a 580 was a no-brainer.

That's the sort of framework that I'm completely missing this early in the season.

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Right now, I’m having a very difficult time justifying spending gold on player boxes that will land you a 2 week at most rental? With lousy odds of getting them? I want to contribute to ballpark investment, but just not crazy about pulling any triggers just now. 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    @TheFullMonte, exactly.  With specialty players (280-320 so far), I don't have much concern, but I have struggled to pull high-end SP so far.  If I go gold, I will take my best 5, by max, because the b1-s10 investment is fairly minimal, but already having a decent option at S10, I am struggling to decide if it is worth putting anything into a 20-max upgrade until then.  Leaning towards no...
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I am spending freely... buy mostly on upgrades as that goes toward my ballpark.