Keepers

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
2 weeks into the season and Keepers are already being benched. Hard to understand. In ‘19, they were very relevant early on. Now dust collectors? Where’s the much needed boost? 🤷‍♂️
Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m thinking they get boosted this week along with VIP gifts 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    2 weeks into the season and Keepers are already being benched. Hard to understand. In ‘19, they were very relevant early on. Now dust collectors? Where’s the much needed boost? 🤷‍♂️
    If you're able to level their skills, they're likely to still be the best players on your team.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    If you're able to level their skills, they're likely to still be the best players on your team.
    That’s a HUGE “IF” right now. I’m hoarding resources just to do that
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    I have Bench at 6/6 and Brett at 8/6. They are my best options for WOH at their respective sides of the plate. I’ll get Bench to 8/6 before going gold. With the all-star tickets transferring over I get the 2% extra WOH boost so it is essentially 8/8 for them 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    I have Bench at 6/6 and Brett at 8/6. They are my best options for WOH at their respective sides of the plate. I’ll get Bench to 8/6 before going gold. With the all-star tickets transferring over I get the 2% extra WOH boost so it is essentially 8/8 for them 
    Even with FP, I don’t have enough $ to level anyone yet.YET! Hopefully things change soon. I’ve leveled most of the upgrades to 20/40 so just trying to rebuild the
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    Even with FP, I don’t have enough $ to level anyone yet.YET! Hopefully things change soon. I’ve leveled most of the upgrades to 20/40 so just trying to rebuild the
    I haven’t done FP yet. I’m at 40 on all hitting upgrades and 20 elsewhere. Probably staying there until I can cycle WOH. 
  • DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    @DFBB
    I need your advice.
    I am at Gold level 6. Team Str- ~70k

Ok, I have been focusing lately on putting cash into my team Upgrades. However, it seems like I missed out on playing more of my Keepers-Mays, Berra, and Wilhelm. They are leveled at Gold10. Should I have put cash into their skills instead?  Is it still too late?
    seems like they are outdated already. the keepers are all at 169 capped. Yet everything that is coming out now is in the 180s capped.  Did I screw up? Damn.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    You didn’t screw up because their Max overall will increase as better players are released. Once Primes and Legends are introduced, they will become very valuable again, especially if you already have them maxed and their skills leveled.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @DFBB
    I need your advice.
    I am at Gold level 6. Team Str- ~70k

Ok, I have been focusing lately on putting cash into my team Upgrades. However, it seems like I missed out on playing more of my Keepers-Mays, Berra, and Wilhelm. They are leveled at Gold10. Should I have put cash into their skills instead?  Is it still too late?
    seems like they are outdated already. the keepers are all at 169 capped. Yet everything that is coming out now is in the 180s capped.  Did I screw up? Damn.

I'd prioritize things in this order:

1)hitting coach
    2)trainer
    3)Clutch performance
    4)in the zone
    5)yogi's skills

Your keepers are still far and away, the best players you have. Both of my keeper bats are at 8/8 skills, but my Wilhelm' skills are still at zero because they don't actually do anything beyond improving your team strength(which hurts you in season mode). 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    thanks for that @navyjack77.
    I am first timer with these Keepers. I wasn’t sure how all this worked. I guess I’ll chunk cash into their skills then!  Cheers.