my team

dudeguydudeguy Registered Users 119 Posts
how do i improve my team?being told i'm capped at gold level and need players with more stars.some of my players are at 5 stars now.please help
Prev1

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dudeguy said:
    how do i improve my team?being told i'm capped at gold level and need players with more stars.some of my players are at 5 stars now.please help
    Ok so here is goes. 

If your roster is full of players you can get from draft picks your team will probably not be too good. To build a good team, you will want the speciality players that come from the boxes.  

When you say that some of your players are 5*, that means some aren’t. I have 1 player, an SP, who is 4*, but his stuff rating is better than a lot of 5* current pitchers, so he sticks around. 

What is your Team Strength at gold?  
  • dudeguydudeguy Registered Users 119 Posts
    sorry my mistake. it says my team is silver -level 3 seasoned. am i making sense?
    You are making as much sense as my response to your last post being “paprika?”
    if if you could post screenshots of your team I might be able to give better advice 
    sorry to be a PITA so i would be better off using my gold to get the mystery boxes,and take a chance getting better players that way?
    dudeguy said:
    sorry to be a PITA so i would be better off using my gold to get the mystery boxes,and take a chance getting better players that way?
    you ain’t causing me any trouble. But if you build your team only through draft picks, you will fall behind pretty quickly. Here is my hitting lineup. 

so then you got your good players with the mystery boxes?  BTW real nice team
    dudeguy said:
    so then you got your good players with the mystery boxes?  BTW real nice team
    Thanks. At about 47K team strength right now. Still doing some cash upgrades then saving for the gold jump 
  • jinnyjinny Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Right now, the best players are only available in boxes. Watch videos as often as you can and just pray for the best. Later in the season, there are more gifts and better event rewards so obtaining good players is actually possible through playing the game. 
    thanks
    me again.one more thing.since most of my players are capped at silver i just have to keep playing and hope for the best?any other way i can improve them?
    dudeguy said:
    me again.one more thing.since most of my players are capped at silver i just have to keep playing and hope for the best?any other way i can improve them?
    Do your team upgrades with cash. Other than that not really. 
    thanks again
  • STINGRAYS7STINGRAYS7 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    That would be the way to build team if they would take these 3 star players out those boxes. If you put em in your lineup you won't win many games
    ok one more time.my whole team is capped at silver.how can i improve it? wait? keep getting mystery boxes? please help
    If all your team upgrades are capped, the only other ways I know of improving your team are through pennants and then getting better players. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    If you would post screenshots of your roster, and upgrades, we could give you some specific advice.  Short of that, all we can say is exactly what @Bigpredfan already said.
    i'm new at this stuff.how do i post the screenshots?

dudeguy said:
    i'm new at this stuff.how do i post the screenshots?

1.  Take a screenshot
    2. come to where you want to post it
    3.  Click on the picture that looks like a sun and mountain
    4.  Select screenshot
    5.  When screenshot has uploaded, submit comment 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    You are capped at Silver because your team is at a Silver Tier. there are six silver tiers, you advance by winning bonus games and tournaments, then a tier playoff.  There are 6 silver tiers, then you move to gold when you win the SIlver Tier 6 "skilled" playoff.    I'd recommend not playing any of the Tier 6 playoff games until you follow BigPred's advice, build up your roster to players with Max Overall ratings of 280+, preferably in the 300 range.   That will give you time to learn more of the nuances of how the game is played.  

Also, join a club if you haven't already.  Great way to build resources.  
    i just won a playoff series.now at silver 5.i have to win the silver 5 then silver 6 to advance.thats when i'll be able to improve my players?

dudeguy said:
    i just won a playoff series.now at silver 5.i have to win the silver 5 then silver 6 to advance.thats when i'll be able to improve my players?

Do me this favor, what is your team strength?

and yes, once you beat the playoffs for silver 6 you will be able to take your players from silver to gold, although that doesn’t necessarily make your team better. That’s a buyer beware situation. Because if your team isn’t good in silver, it will be worse in gold 
    strength is 32849
    dudeguy said:
    strength is 32849
    Do not go gold. Please. Do not go gold stay silver. You will need a much better team. I’m 47,500 and silver. 
    ok then what you're suggesting i should do is just finish the last 2 silver tiers and collect cash and gold for the mystery boxes.but what happens when i complete the 2 silver tiers? do i automatically go to the gold level? sorry asking so many questions
    one more thing Bigpredfan-you got that team of yours just from mystery boxes and winning playoffs?
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Play out the silver tiers, but DO NOT play the playoff series.  Farm gold with videos (or spend $, your call).  Use your gold on the player boxes, and blue cash on team upgrades.  

Keep in mind that all the advice so far is generic.  Posting screenshots would give us a better idea of specific things to help you with. 
    Don’t play these playoffs 

And make all your team upgrades look like these 

thanks for all the help
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    By me having a strong team strength would that improve my team performance ? all my players are cap at gold 10 but I have a few 1 star player to weaken my team strength ?