This new video system BLLLOOOOOOWWWWWSSSSSSS

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
Good golly I hope they get this crap fixed soon.  Some use double gold weekend is when you can only get through 1 video every 4 minutes 

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Double gold was last weekend as well. My opinion is this weekend wasn’t supposed to be, but was made double gold so that the video delays would be offset some. 

I got in 11 videos in 15 minutes earlier today. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

11 videos in 15 minutes.

44 videos per hour.

In about 13 hours you can clear all 500!

Now that's what I call taking care of your customers!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    edited March 2020
    It got a lot better for me Friday morning. Can get about 100/hr.

Edit: Sunday was pretty bad again. Friday/Saturday the next video would be ready before I even claimed the gold.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    An hour two after midnight they zoom 💨
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I really hope this gets fixed for everyone(I still think this is a beta version for the masses imo). I for some reason haven’t experienced this too much although flicking through videos was wrestling with my son may take my kind off of load time. I left 170 videos on the table tonight before 8pm. 
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    The videos aren't working within the game either. Really bad experience so far.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I’ve been able to make it over 200 once since they expanded to 500.   I just can’t watch more then 5-10 without finding something better to do with my time.   Fits in with the more casual approach I’m attempting to take anyway.   But yeah I get roughly 2 every 3
    minutes it seems like.   Just not worth it too me
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I'm averaging 70/hour.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    That's about what I'm getting too.  Somewhere in the 70-73 an hour range depending on how many times I have to close and relaunch the app.  I don't mind it but if they're going to take this long, I'd really like unlimited videos.  I've always found that helpful if you want to get some quick gold before CvC or something.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

Someone (maybe @dustyhunks) did a helpful update on this, so I'll pose a new question.

For the last 3-4 days, my videos will NOT load until the third attempt when doing the video achievement.   Fails on one, fails on two, but almost always works on the third attempt.  That seems bizarre.

Any insight on that?

Someone (maybe @dustyhunks) did a helpful update on this, so I'll pose a new question.

For the last 3-4 days, my videos will NOT load until the third attempt when doing the video achievement.   Fails on one, fails on two, but almost always works on the third attempt.  That seems bizarre.

Any insight on that?

Yep. It’s because it takes about a minute to get a new video ready to play. How long do you wait between trying to play a video?  I’d bet if you wait a minute or 2 between videos it wouldn’t take 3 attempts 
    Hate to say it. I don’t think this is getting fixed anytime soon. Gold videos, cvc, EB, woh, game boosts, achievements, etc. all affected by this and no sign of improving in a week. If not, gotten worse even. I get there’s more activity on a new game release but this seems like something that should not take a week or more to address.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    eman0023 said:
    Hate to say it. I don’t think this is getting fixed anytime soon. Gold videos, cvc, EB, woh, game boosts, achievements, etc. all affected by this and no sign of improving in a week. If not, gotten worse even. I get there’s more activity on a new game release but this seems like something that should not take a week or more to address.
    EVERYTHING takes more than a week for Glu to address, unless it favors us 😂😂

I think it will be fixed but right now we have to be patient.  I know many guys are at home stressing during these difficult times and want to play/watch as therapy, but remember the guys at glu are struggling through the same stressful times.

I am no fan of Glu’s what so ever but now is the time for patience and understanding for all.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard

I 100% understand and agree with that sentiment, however, I will point out that this is approximately the 1347th time that GLU has caused themselves and unnecessary amount of bad will from players by simply not communicating.

A very very simple email or post with a "We know its an issue., and we are working as best we can amongst a devastating global pandemic" would reduce the number of pissed off messages they are wading through by roughly 80-90%

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    It's probably a Tapjoy problem too. But, Glu has eroded the trust so much that we are just in the habit of assuming they are doing things that inconvenience the player intentionally even when it's not truly their fault.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    whynot said:
    eman0023 said:
    EVERYTHING takes more than a week for Glu to address, unless it favors us 😂😂

I think it will be fixed but right now we have to be patient.  I know many guys are at home stressing during these difficult times and want to play/watch as therapy, but remember the guys at glu are struggling through the same stressful times.

I am no fan of Glu’s what so ever but now is the time for patience and understanding for all.
    And remember, we’re all in this together 😂
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm not on iOS, but I've been told that videos seem to be running well. Hopefully, it's working for those that need it.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I’m getting about a 5 second gap between videos. Have run 15 or so here like that 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

I 100% understand and agree with that sentiment, however, I will point out that this is approximately the 1347th time that GLU has caused themselves and unnecessary amount of bad will from players by simply not communicating.

A very very simple email or post with a "We know its an issue., and we are working as best we can amongst a devastating global pandemic" would reduce the number of pissed off messages they are wading through by roughly 80

Since when has Glu EVER did something like that?  I mean that would require a halfway competent customer service attitude

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    DFBB said:
    I'm not on iOS, but I've been told that videos seem to be running well. Hopefully, it's working for those that need it.

Just hopped on for the first time since morning....and they are absolutely night and day faster than they were early this morning. 

Haven't had a chance to see if the vid boost issue is resolved as well, but the improvement to the vids so far is nice.  At least we get one final day of Double Gold to work with here

Night and day for me as well. Hopefully Android is closely behind