I need a Rationale Explaination please?

Killer0fMenKiller0fMen Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
edited March 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I have seen this twice now, so before I SS and name names etc, I ask this, after seeing a player hammer out a single round in CvC for more than 8,000,000 points, having only players at mid level SILVER, and even if he had all bonus players, how, honestly?!!
    Because I have gone into CvC with every bonus possible, all bpnus players max Silver at least, or better, mid Gold or max Gold, with CvC subscription bonus, and paying extra 40 gold to up it as well. Plus buying additional bonus offered.  Never have i got better than just above 1 million on 2 occasions.
I am the Blade...
    The Blade is ME.

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I used to play with some of, if not the best, cvc players and I can tell you they spent like crazy. You have to have all or most of the big bonus guys. Small bonus guys often hurt you more than they help because they usually create the outs. They had cvc sub, spent the good to boosts and retries and kept biting retries even when it got “expensive”. Make sure you have pennants maxed, skills maxed, etc. it’s definitely possible and if you think you are spending enough to score, you aren’t. That’s the honest answer. But having “every” bonus guy isn’t always great. Just use the top guys because lower bonus guys hurt. 
  • Killer0fMenKiller0fMen Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Thank you for the info, I knew almost all of that except, and it is big now that I have thought about wha you have said, the lower tier bonus guys. I honestly never considered NOT including them, it simply never dawned on me. Thank you.
       I am on a team where we all spend a lot, all adult, over 28 YO, and every player is at least a returning one from '19 if not further, but best yest, we are all VIP already and have been since last season as well.
       1 quick ? Lineup, I do manual lineup for CvC, unless it is one like tonight's, following the WOH on 3-30. I front stack batting, highest BA at top then down, taking bonus X's into 4 each player as i go.  Good idea?  Bad?  Indifferent?  No real data either way.  I have mates swear by it, i am trying it in 20, i dont think it really made a big diff in '19..  Thanks again.
    I am the Blade...
        The Blade is ME.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I personally have never been good at cvc. Can get some decent scores here and there. So I don’t want to give you the wrong info on how to setup the lineup. I would just say play around with it and see what works. Just a suggestion as well and this rolls back to a couple years ago, but be careful who you pick as your “favorite” team in the game. Generally speaking there was better success with teams who are actually bad in real life someone like the giants vs the dodger/Astros. I’m not sure if that is still in play or not. 
  • Killer0fMenKiller0fMen Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Well, i am playing Chicago White Sox, so they are darn near bottom of the barrell and have been. But since it was this team's night home game that was my 1st MLB game as a kid, yeah, they hooked me as a fan 4 life. 
    I am the Blade...
        The Blade is ME.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Meh. This weekend I had auto entries where I scored 2-3 mil with video boosts and not continuing. I also had entries where I spent gold on boosts and scored like 190 points. I certainly don't buy CVC edge as I feel it's a scam unless your club is committed to challenging for a top 5 finish in CVC - which is expensive. Some guys can just focus on CVC and don't need to do other things for an hour straight 🤷🏻‍♂️ sounds like Adderall to me 😉
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • GojuRenshi123GojuRenshi123 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I am not a great Cvc player, but I play with some of the best CVC players.  You must disguise your team strength.  The better your team, the stronger the “system” will play against you.   Your bench slots should be filled with one star players, your relievers with One star players.  You will find by doing this. Your Cvc scores will improve.