Reimplement slugfest day on weeks with weekend royale.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've actually never boosted in SF prior to today. However, I quickly realized that I had no chance if I didn't boost. Well, this is my 3rd L with the 100g boost and I haven't even short porched a homer....🙄

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Glitchy. Impossible. Not worth it. The business philosophy of GLU in 2020. 
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    @aaronchenn...he scored over 5900. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    When 5700 in bronze doesn’t get it done, it makes me wish we had prime event today. At least I could use my 4.5 star pitcher from the box
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Glad I reused tatis early rounds
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Hey they upped it to a perfectly mediocre award, why not make the difficulty way higher than it needs to be. 
    When 5700 in bronze doesn’t get it done, it makes me wish we had prime event today. At least I could use my 4.5 star pitcher from the box
    I just  got to him again and he threw up another 6k on me. If they don't miss, you don't win. :)
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I'd much prefer a 4...3...even 2.5 hitter as the prize with a possibility of winning. The xp is what really matters anyway. Time to watch my video allotment and be done for the day.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This is one reason why slugfest disappeared. I don’t mind spending gold on the last couple of rounds, but not the last 6. The higher you are, uNless you are diamond where sluggers can’t be a tier above you, I feel sorry for you today. 
    uhhhh challenge accepted is all ill say
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I just  got to him again and he threw up another 6k on me. If they don't miss, you don't win. :)
    That is the part that bothers me. You can do everything right and still not win. You used a 100 gold boost and didn’t come close. How is that fair or fun? I get it if I miss or don’t hit one to its max and I lose. I’m actually all for that. Because in that case, I messed up and hoping the CPU messes up is a slim chance. But not getting close when you have top bats and using a boost then blasting all homers and still losing. That shouldn’t happen.
    Okay, I'm not going to pretend otherwise. This felt good. Real, real good! 

This is one reason why slugfest disappeared. I don’t mind spending gold on the last couple of rounds, but not the last 6. The higher you are, uNless you are diamond where sluggers can’t be a tier above you, I feel sorry for you today. 
    uhhhh challenge accepted is all ill say
    😂
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Well when I ran into a 233 at 5.2, not impossible but not likely and seeing others with even worse matchups later I guess I’ll just not play now, sucks they can’t scale something that isn’t impossible without you playing perfect AND needing to be lucky at the same time, I don’t complain very often but that is disgusting.
    Fwiw, 5-6-5.10 is about the same. You need luck with rng. 5.8 missed on me and despite being 'perfect,' i still lost(no boost). I beat 5.9 the first time through. Then 5.10 threw up 6k on me(can't touch that). Then, the 2nd time around, he missed. As you can see, I almost lost. I did a 100g boost from 5.7-5.10. 
    I don't think level 5 is reasonable. If you're not willing to throw gold at it, it's not worth trying. Even then, it's far from a guarantee. I hope they adjust it because I can't imagine this is much fun for most people. I certainly will NOT be attempting another cycle.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Dont worry @DFBB beat it. So its beatable in bronze. Everyone else keep trying, might get it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Dont worry @DFBB beat it. So its beatable in bronze. Everyone else keep trying, might get it.
    Well instead of trying I went for a walk with my family and beast of a dog. Neither option seemed less stressful, but the weather was nice 
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Started a separate thread but I’m gonna post here too...the Sanchez set isn’t even working! If you bought sanchez to go for the set points you got hosed...like me...he is not getting the 60k bonus per hr.
    Smart man Daniel. Don't worry Im sure @DFBB is on the job telling them how unreasonable it is. Should get a in-game message soon saying it was all joke. Meanwhile there is no way silver or higher can beat this. Only reason he beat it in bronze is because the gaps are much lower and he is very persistent and good at SF.  Anyways, gluck to all the bronze players.
    – The Great Houmy
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    edited April 2020
    whats blueleopard's @?
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Yep, only possible for bronze and maybe diamond? Everyone in the middle has no shot. Then again, for everyone who didn't pretend to be Canadian that's only bronze lol
    Diamond has no shot, even with d10 Sanchez.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    cb11 said:
    Yep, only possible for bronze and maybe diamond? Everyone in the middle has no shot. Then again, for everyone who didn't pretend to be Canadian that's only bronze lol
    Not diamond.   5.3 is 450 Damon, I cant imagine what higher then that is.
    Apology gift for the tower just came in. Hmm...
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Congratulations DFBB! Well done
    They apologized, but if 5.1 is any indicator the tower hasn’t been touched yet 
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Sanchez still not getting bonus points too
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    edited April 2020
    sullipa8 said:
    DFBB said:
    That is the part that bothers me. You can do everything right and still not win. You used a 100 gold boost and didn’t come close. How is that fair or fun? I get it if I miss or don’t hit one to its max and I lose. I’m actually all for that. Because in that case, I messed up and hoping the CPU messes up is a slim chance. But not getting close when you have top bats and using a boost then blasting all homers and still losing. That shouldn’t happen.
    The sooner you realize the game isn’t designed to be fair the better off you are
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    This is why I still play Clash Royale.  This kind of stuff never happens.
    sullipa8 said:
    DFBB said:
    I sent the same message. The way things were set up, it's not going to be a good gaming experience for most people...and I'm in bronze. Guys in higher tiers have it much tougher. I think they will adjust things, but we'll see. 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    The batters have changed for me on 5. Haven’t completed it or anything but just noticed they changed.