Reimplement slugfest day on weeks with weekend royale.

Comments

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I sent in a ticket also
     .  Have not heard back yet.   It is no 10 PM though so we still have hope
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Kraken baby!!!
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited April 2020
    It seems like it’s throttled down some. I haven’t gone all the way through level 5, but the first few rounds were doable. 

I spoke too soon. 5.5 at Silver the opponent put up 6k. I’ll have to see if this continues or not. 
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I love slugfest, it took a gold restart, but I got through!

• lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Now they removed the bonus sets!!! After people spent real mo yet to buy Sanchez! What the flying ****!?!?!?
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Home run King...

Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I mean the reward is nice for slugfest but this difficulty, even "lowered" is still a pile of dung. It just goes with everything else so far this season. I think they have forgotten, on everything but the boxes, that we are very early in the season. We haven't had a full season to get close to what they are making us face. Not to mention the other fun things like opponents at levels you cannot even obtain. 
    Ok yeah that is a bunch of crap after we spent money to get him for the extra bonus.  It disappeared  and cs has not responded in 2 hours
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Typical nonsense. Make it way to hard to begin with, scale back so it looks like they did you a favor. Rinse and repeat the rest of the year.
    edited April 2020
    They are keeping us loaded with fun though. Lol !!!!!!!
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    Why does Glu hate slugfest so much?
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I guess they made it easier but I still can't cycle.  My guys are completely overmatched by 5.4, even 5.1 is not an automatic autoplay. 
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Gave it another try... Alonso has been moved to 5.8, but still way too difficult! Impressed with those who have cleared the tower. Not sure spending gold on boosts makes much of a difference.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Was able to get thru at silver with around 2K gold.  Both 5.9 and 5.10 had some rounds over 6200 that I just wasn’t going to beat no matter what.   Just hung in there until I got some favorable RNG.   Eventually they will miss one if you try enough 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    The thing that blows my mind the most of all these "stick it to ya" type things I just find myself wondering... Shouldn't you be trying to suck us all in now while most have extra time to play?!? Shouldn't you be trying to create a new crop of addicts?!? Instead it feels like all they care about is getting as much cash as they can get. Are we on the Titanic? 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Was able to get thru at silver with around 2K gold.  Both 5.9 and 5.10 had some rounds over 6200 that I just wasn’t going to beat no matter what.   Just hung in there until I got some favorable RNG.   Eventually they will miss one if you try enough 
    That’s my issue. I believe that if you perform perfectly, to the best of the available ability you have (best slugger available, boosted, crush every pitch), you should win every time. You should never be put in a situation where you cannot win
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    That’s my issue. I believe that if you perform perfectly, to the best of the available ability you have (best slugger available, boosted, crush every pitch), you should win every time. You should never be put in a situation where you cannot win
    I think the reality is thats how it goes sometimes.  Fair or not.  If you were to compare it to WOH, there are times when you have the unquestioned advantage and RNG just wont let you win.   The tough part with slugfest is you are basically at a disadvantage all through level 5 so once I got to 5.8 I just made it my point of no return.  In woh, its much easier to stomach starting over.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    The thing that blows my mind the most of all these "stick it to ya" type things I just find myself wondering... Shouldn't you be trying to suck us all in now while most have extra time to play?!? Shouldn't you be trying to create a new crop of addicts?!? Instead it feels like all they care about is getting as much cash as they can get. Are we on the Titanic? 
    They are a business. They are trying to get as much cash as possible. That being said, I think the crap odds and increased difficulty at this point in the game is absurd. Clearly it isn’t absurd for everyone as people are throwing gold at WOH and SF and judging by last weeks VIP Event people were all in. I will just enjoy my view as a 3 star world ranking player and not understand what the chase is all about at this point in the game. 
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    They just changed the sluggers that you face on level 5. No clue why.
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Yeah they did.  And it's even harder now.  Ugh..
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Does anyone have a slugfest pitchers chart?
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Easy fix: if you score above 5500 in a game, you should be automatically given the win. Getting 5500 requires you to hit every ball on the dot, and if you're able to do that and still lose, then it is absolute BS. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I never thought I would say this, but I hope the SF reward is a 4-star player over the weekend 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    With the difficulty down I could brute force my way to 5.7, I don’t have tip top sluggers and I’m also in gold, user error cost me my first attempt but was going to have to use a 189 slugger 4 times to win and that unfortunately is likely not going to happen.  Admittedly I’m not that great at it too so the revision at least for good enough players makes it possible.  Kinda disheartening though when you score 5900 and lose though.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited April 2020
    To each their own, but I can’t imagine spending that much gold, that kind of frustration and headaches, all for a player who won’t be around for any length of time. The challenge, yeah, I get. But I’d rather build up resources through level 4, then adios. Just like WOH, the players being offered are really not worth it, to me at least. But I do seriously love the change to SF this season. Love it! At least the general idea of the change. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mpimen007mpimen007 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I am extremely upset and aggravated in what glu is doing with this game this year. I've been playing since 2015 and hardly complain about how they handle this app... but I think today is the last straw for tap 20. As someone who enjoys slugfest and has been able to clear Royale slugfest (not easily mind you) every week since the start of tap 2019 what they did with their first slugfest event is a damn shame. They have made it impossible for a casual player or even a VIP player like myself to enjoy this game. Shame on you. I'm so upset over this. I was looking forward to this event when I noticed it popped up this morning because it is the ONLY aspect of this game that I've had a little success with... but how difficult they made level 5 is a crime and they should be ashamed of themselves! Please fix this and scale back the difficulty like you had it for Royale slugfest. I'm beyond upset. 
    With so many people away from work and home now you have a huge opportunity to grow your brand and grow your customer base.  People miss baseball and you were supposed to be the answer to that.  Instead you decide to make a version of this game that is almost impossible to enjoy for the hardcore player never mind a brand new player.  You really need to rethink this strategy soon.

Mike

PS. Your "adjustment" did very little in terms of lowering the difficulty.
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    @mpimen007 I couldn't have said it better myself Mike
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I noticed the opponent changed on 5.6 to a lesser opponent, He then put up 6100 points, which was more than the previous higher opponent ever did against me. I think the difficulty wasn’t so much adjusted, they just rearranged things so it looks that way. The same principles that are causing people to lose when they have a perfect round are still in place.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Does anyone have a slugfest pitchers chart?

Nevermind someone sent me one. Thanks @dkarski87