Going gold

koyiehillkoyiehill Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
Currently at a 48k silver team with 100k XP saved I’m seriously tired of losing 5 bonus games to every one win. For those who have made the jump is the seeding still just as bad as silver when playing? I wanna make the jump if it’s worth it tired of getting beat by 39k gold teams for absolutely no reason.

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    you’ll win a lot more right away but eventually it will get bad again. Not sure it will be as bad as it is at silver, but you will eventually start playing platinum and diamond teams and getting crushed. Just a decision you have to make. My personal opinion, with 100k bxp you can cap 4 guys I think, so I would get more XP first. At the end of the day though you will eventually run into the same issue at gold. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    But you’ll likely be able to beat WOH sooner at gold if you spend some gold, it’s pretty much impossible at silver. I’m 58k silver and haven’t come close yet. 
  • koyiehillkoyiehill Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Yeah that’s what I’m afraid. I will probably just stay silver majority of year like always this is just the worst seeding I can remember and I’ve played since 15 haha 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    koyiehill said:
    Currently at a 48k silver team with 100k XP saved I’m seriously tired of losing 5 bonus games to every one win. For those who have made the jump is the seeding still just as bad as silver when playing? I wanna make the jump if it’s worth it tired of getting beat by 39k gold teams for absolutely no reason.
    Wait until you hit 450k or so. Then you’ll be able to go gold 10 with most of your team and keepers. Which you will need to make it through gold bonus games. 
  • LuJaDuLuJaDu Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Personally, I’m at about 49800 team strength not all my guys are capped at gold most of the are at gold 4-6 and I’m finished with the second gold tier bonus games. So far I have not ran into any issues with getting beat in bonus games, I will say some teams I play are around 47000 team strength and i only win by a few points but I haven’t been getting demolished at all. I would honestly recommend going to gold sooner than later. Just remember your team can only get Better. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    LuJaDu said:
    Personally, I’m at about 49800 team strength not all my guys are capped at gold most of the are at gold 4-6 and I’m finished with the second gold tier bonus games. So far I have not ran into any issues with getting beat in bonus games, I will say some teams I play are around 47000 team strength and i only win by a few points but I haven’t been getting demolished at all. I would honestly recommend going to gold sooner than later. Just remember your team can only get Better. 
    What happens after a certain number of wins all you will face is plat teams in bonus game San😂
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    I believe That is correct 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    It maybe this year but it never happened to me last year. Stayed at gold 5 and never really encountered that problem after over 13,500 wins. 
    COWPILEY said:
    It maybe this year but it never happened to me last year. Stayed at gold 5 and never really encountered that problem after over 13,500 wins. 
    COWPILEY said:
    You will
    They want people to move up this year an d not stay at gold
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Super. Just keeps getting better and better this year. 
  • SloopySloopy Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    But you’ll likely be able to beat WOH sooner at gold if you spend some gold, it’s pretty much impossible at silver. I’m 58k silver and haven’t come close yet. 
    Thanks for posting this. I’m silver and am getting no where in WOH. Glad it gets easier in gold.
    guys if im planning on staying in gold should i stay at g5 or move to g6???
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Go to G6, and all the way through to the playoffs, just don't play them.
    is there any different in g6 someone told me it gets harder at g6 
    If there is, I have never seen it.  The matchups are based more on total wins, or games played, than anything.  
    gotcha thanks for the advise
    If I plan to camp out at a particular tier (silver/gold/platinum) for a while, I always push through to 6 quickly, and hold at the last set of playoffs, until I am ready to jump to the next tier.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’m a 80k Silver 1 squad and only have conquered WoH a couple times myself. Without shelling out 1000’s in gold, it’s quite nearly impossible at this point...
    how do you block a user from playing you??
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2020
    sucios08 said:
    is there any different in g6 someone told me it gets harder at g6 

I spent roughly 2-3 hours in gold the other day winning all 520 games it takes to get to plat. I had over a 480 consecutive game win streak until G6 (I forget where it was before I started, maybe high 60's) where I lost 5 of the 120 games it takes to get through to playoffs. I don't think that has to do with the tiers however as others have stated many times before but total wins. I was probably close to 1100 or so when I got to G6. It also depends on how many players were leveled and the basic quality of your team. I was crushing in G1-3 with 10 bats, 3SP and 1SR capped at G10 but that didn't matter in the end when Glu intervened. I only lost 5 but the outcomes of games were considerably closer with only 2 or 3 every 10 having a margin of victory greater than 10 or so runs.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    I’m a 80k Silver 1 squad and only have conquered WoH a couple times myself. Without shelling out 1000’s in gold, it’s quite nearly impossible at this point...

Disagree. I probably cycled 4 of last 5 WoH events at silver without spending much gold at all. Last weekend Royale I multicycled in a stat boost club without spending any gold, and I believe my first weekday Royale went down the same way. It's tedious for sure especially coming from 19 and a diamond team that can cycle at will in under 15 minutes but it's doable. I manual played a lot as well to keep from hemorrhaging cash.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    sucios08 said:
    how do you block a user from playing you??
    you cant anymore its only blocking for chat purposes. My Block list looks like a who's who of good teams & I still get beat by the witcher daily.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    fahhq2 said:

Disagree. I probably cycled 4 of last 5 WoH events at silver without spending much gold at all. Last weekend Royale I multicycled in a stat boost club without spending any gold, and I believe my first weekday Royale went down the same way. It's tedious for sure especially coming from 19 and a diamond team that can cycle at will in under 15 minutes but it's doable. I manual played a lot as well to keep from hemorrhaging cash.

👏🏼