WOH WAS BACK! Then they increased the difficulty

2Next

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Boy you know it’s gotten bad when the guy who wrote the thesis paper on being pumped for the weekend is changing his tune. 
    Last night woh was cycleable. It felt like last year HOF, had to boost last couple but if you hit the ball right, it was a hit. 

Then sometime late last night they increased the difficulty . It’s really depressing because woh is fun and it was a tease. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Boy you know it’s gotten bad when the guy who wrote the thesis paper on being pumped for the weekend is changing his tune. 
    Last night woh was cycleable. It felt like last year HOF, had to boost last couple but if you hit the ball right, it was a hit. 

Then sometime late last night they increased the difficulty . It’s really depressing because woh is fun and it was a tease. 
    I get it, I’m just given you s**t. I haven’t liked WOH since 18.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I miss making these threads so much.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

Moen is that guy , that drives wrecklously beside you , complaining about your lack of seatbelt usage while he runs you off the road and laughs at your untimely death 🤣
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I miss making these threads so much.
    I actually miss hearing your short novels on your woh grievances 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

I miss 18 WOH too.   It was a good combo of difficulty/reward that was worth it.   When HOF first introduced legends in 2019 I liked woh for a couple of weeks too but then it fell back again.

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

I miss 18 WOH too.   It was a good combo of difficulty/reward that was worth it.   When HOF first introduced legends in 2019 I liked woh for a couple of weeks too but then it fell back again.

I’m still playing ‘18 from time to time because it’s fun and rewards are great, even though I keep getting duplicates. Pretty soon, they’ll abandon that version,
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited April 2020
    tshea510 said:
    MoenPDC said:

I’m still playing ‘18 from time to time because it’s fun and rewards are great, even though I keep getting duplicates. Pretty soon, they’ll abandon that version,
    idk they might leave it up because of pure laziness.   Just surprised they took away 19 that fast but i guess it was to force users to move over.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    MoenPDC said:

idk they might leave it up because of pure laziness.   Just surprised they took away 19 that fast but i guess it was to force users to move over.
    I remember doing the same thing with the ‘17 game, then all of a sudden one Monday morning, all events went POOF, no warning. No more anything but Season mode. So no telling when they do that same thing with ‘18. But you do have a good point about laziness. I could toss out some others, but.........
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • SloopySloopy Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    WOH is the most frustrating for me. Used to be able to do it in previous versions, but no luck this year so far.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    ^^^^

Exactly.  This game is rigged by a dishonest, group of crooks 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    CalYente said:
    Words with Friends anyone?
    Is that a game?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Well it appears our good friends at GLU have completely dismantled WoH in 2019. This will be the second week in a row they remove the final week's prize boxes and have it replaced with the Paul Goldshit event. Based on what I am seeing on this forum, it isn't just WoH they have ruined in 2020.

If only we could have seen this coming....

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    @MoenPDC, before they made it harder were you able to get through WOH with a player from this year?  Or were you only able to get through with your keeper from last year?  I would be interested in knowing if a player released this year would be able to beat the last level of WOH.
    Really, why does WOH have to be so dang difficult, specifically lvl 5 round 10? I get that it’s the final level and round, but starting off down 8-3 with no runners on base is absurd. I literally just blew all my gold replaying that final round over and over (w/ the top hitting boost) and still couldn’t beat it. It’s stuff like that that is a turn off when it comes to this game. 
    Sloopy said:
    Really, why does WOH have to be so dang difficult, specifically lvl 5 round 10? I get that it’s the final level and round, but starting off down 8-3 with no runners on base is absurd. I literally just blew all my gold replaying that final round over and over (w/ the top hitting boost) and still couldn’t beat it. It’s stuff like that that is a turn off when it comes to this game. 
    To add to my .02, I thought games were supposed to be challenging and fun, not next to impossible and utterly frustrating? Come on Glu...
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    This powerhouse just beat 2.10

• TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    This powerhouse just beat 2.10

Let us know when you beat 5.10 with him. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    @MoenPDC, before they made it harder were you able to get through WOH with a player from this year?  Or were you only able to get through with your keeper from last year?  I would be interested in knowing if a player released this year would be able to beat the last level of WOH.
    I know you didn’t ask me, but I beat it at Silver using Conforto. He was not a keeper and was available in the Mike boxes a week or two ago. With the right players, it is beatable. In fact, I didn’t even use gold. It just takes patience because you will lose more than you will win. If you are looking for an easy path to win, it’s not there.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I know you didn’t ask me, but I beat it at Silver using Conforto. He was not a keeper and was available in the Mike boxes a week or two ago. With the right players, it is beatable. In fact, I didn’t even use gold. It just takes patience because you will lose more than you will win. If you are looking for an easy path to win, it’s not there.
    If you truly beat it congrats. I have a 58k silver team and have only gotten out of level 3 1 time this whole year.  If you beat it, let alone without spending gold you are the luckiest player in the game. 

No one is asking for an easy path, rather a realistic and reasonable path. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    So far I've finished 2 levels of the tower, 3 levels of Pro, but can't get out of level 2 in warm up.  I rarely use anything other than video boosts for my lineup, just can't see using gold for these prizes at this point.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Hi guys hope you're doing well. That is all I came by to say
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    If you truly beat it congrats. I have a 58k silver team and have only gotten out of level 3 1 time this whole year.  If you beat it, let alone without spending gold you are the luckiest player in the game. 

No one is asking for an easy path, rather a realistic and reasonable path. 
    This weekend was the first time I beat the whole tower. Like I said, it takes a lot of patience and a lot of trying again. The good news is that where the game is now, all the resources gained by playing can help your team. When they get into prime and legends, these draft picks don’t mean squat. So by that point you have to have a team that can burn through. But right now, just playing it over and over still can help your team. 

I posted that to let you know it is possible. It can be done. Use the chart and max your players skills. Then match the players and skills against the pitchers. That’s your best bet. And try not to get frustrated when you lose to that 34 rated pitcher at 4.9. I still don’t know what in the world that is about and why he’s usually the toughest pitcher of that round.