Question about upgrades

timmermactimmermac Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
How exactly do the team upgrades work? I am currently a silver tier and I have Aces Mentality at 34/40, yet my 4/4.5 star starters are still getting mostly shelled. Wtf?

Comments

• zandermanzanderman Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I never do those ones. Just the hitting, pitching, and errors ones. Errors one you can always see a difference but who knows about the others. Also, I still don't know what penants actually do.
  • SloopySloopy Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    zanderman said:
    I never do those ones. Just the hitting, pitching, and errors ones. Errors one you can always see a difference but who knows about the others. Also, I still don't know what penants actually do.
    If you click the little “info” bubble in the Pennnants tab, it tells you.
  • zandermanzanderman Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Sloopy said:
    zanderman said:
    If you click the little “info” bubble in the Pennnants tab, it tells you.
    It still isn't specific. "Buffs apply to all modes, and improve batter hitting and pitchers stuff in game." Never seen stats change based on pennants.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    @zanderman your Pitchers get shelled because they are 4-4.5 star. Mine are all 5 star special players in silver and they get crushed mostly because I play all gold teams. Just the reality of the game. If we stay at low level you will lose a lot. They want to you move up to spend to level players but buying more resources. My hope is eventually woh will be beatable even at silver so just make sure your hitting upgrades are all capped and worry about the rest as you move along through the season. Even at this point 4-4.5 star players are worthless unfortunately.