Hitting Advice

trainingdaytrainingday Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
I am new to baseball and decided to play this game while on lockdown for corona. Is this game pressure controlled? The harder you tap make a difference?  I swing at pitches at the same time but results are not close. For instance on fast balls mostly are ground outs. Even with same exact pitch they sometimes are hr or pop ups. No consistency. Slow pitches always result in pop ups. So I played hr battle for hours to work on timing. Sadly the same timing there does not at all equate to the regular game or walk off hero. Then the slider and curve ball I don’t even swing at anymore. No matter if I swing early or late it’s a ground out. 

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Timing is the issue.  Take the fastballs the other way.  I lay off the other stuff but sometimes you have to hit the slow stuff, take that up the middle or pull it.

Pressure is not a factor.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • trainingdaytrainingday Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    How do you do that?  Thanks for reply
    edited April 2020
    Briefly let’s assume you have a favorable matchup, meaning batter is opposite hand of pitcher (rh batter/ lh pitcher or vice versa)

To pull the ball you swing early.

To go the other way you swing later.

To go up the middle you try to make contact when ball is in middle of the plate.

The same applies if your matchup isn’t favorable as stated above (yeah I wonder why I included it in the first place too).  It takes practice but you will get it.
    - Blueleopard
  • trainingdaytrainingday Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Thanks! I placed my thumb closer to fast to tap quicker and it has made a tremendous difference with timing. 
  • ACCUUNNA24ACCUUNNA24 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    At What point do you start your swing? 
    Too many variables, no one answer.  Practice by playing bonus games and focus on the same thing every at bat ( example: go the other way every at bat), once you perfect that one work on another
    - Blueleopard