Can GLU Be Held To Some Accountability?

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
Personally, its getting to that point again where you dont even want to open the app anymore. Instead of trying to unite people during these difficult times where everyone is struggling both financially and mentally, all your doing is making things worse with how you are running this game. I'm not even going to list what they are because you know what your doing. Its become evident that you all you care about is your bottom line and making $. Well most people are already on the breaking point and your actions are frankally so unethical on every level you should be ashamed.  I feel horrible for all those people who bough Sanchez on Thursday to only have him pulled as super set after you made him available for purchase. You did nothing to compensate these people for spending money on a player to only remove him a few hours later from the bonus sets.

@blueleopard reads this because like in the past he only makes an appearance once in a blue moon and rarely does anything to help this community. Its become clear that this year is even worse then previous versions. Like are you seriously giving 320 Foil players away at ATG odds for super sets so people chase and go broke. I really hope the decision makers look in the mirror and do whats right. The sneaky shit you guys do behind closed doors and think people dont notice its beyond ridiculous. The current best player are 320max and even using them WOH is a pain in the ass to clear with the current setup.

I highly doubt anyone that actually works on this game plays it. As outlined by all the posts and comments spread across here and social media. With all the shit going right now, you should be making this game a fun app to open and play. Not milk us for every %@%# penny we have.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy
Prev134

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    You know another option is to delete the app. I highly doubt you would continue to patronize the store down the road if you didn’t like their prices, policies and personnel. 

There comes a time when you have to decide if it’s worth it or not.  We all know they aren’t going to change so either accept it or get overly it.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I dont want to delete the app. I enjoy playing the game. They are open and willing to change as they have moved on a few items this year already. As usual your opinion holds no meaning to me, I remember your dumb $%@ from years past where all you did was bitch and moan on everyone's posts. Pretty sure your the same whynot. Either way, dont care for your opinion in general because I dont know you very well and frankly dont want too. There are many people here I would now call friends from over the years. I like the game, I like the people. It just needs to change for the better. Thats something that 99.9% people here would agree on. Enjoy your Sunday.
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Call y’all at least let me pop the popcorn first. Just got done with church at home. Gotta give a brother time to get ready for this kinda stuff 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Is that popcorn popped yet?  Waiting......  

Just wanted to say that was a long rambling, and as usual hateful post, directed at me for a guy who doesn’t care about my opinion.

If you need any salt for that 🍿 @Bigpredfan you can put it under @dkarski87 face as he cries about everything.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Personally, its getting to that point again where you dont even want to open the app anymore. Instead of trying to unite people during these difficult times where everyone is struggling both financially and mentally, all your doing is making things worse with how you are running this game. I'm not even going to list what they are because you know what your doing. Its become evident that you all you care about is your bottom line and making $. Well most people are already on the breaking point and your actions are frankally so unethical on every level you should be ashamed.  I feel horrible for all those people who bough Sanchez on Thursday to only have him pulled as super set after you made him available for purchase. You did nothing to compensate these people for spending money on a player to only remove him a few hours later from the bonus sets.

@blueleopard reads this because like in the past he only makes an appearance once in a blue moon and rarely does anything to help this community. Its become clear that this year is even worse then previous versions. Like are you seriously giving 320 Foil players away at ATG odds for super sets so people chase and go broke. I really hope the decision makers look in the mirror and do whats right. The sneaky shit you guys do behind closed doors and think people dont notice its beyond ridiculous. The current best player are 320max and even using them WOH is a pain in the ass to clear with the current setup.

I highly doubt anyone that actually works on this game plays it. As outlined by all the posts and comments spread across here and social media. With all the shit going right now, you should be making this game a fun app to open and play. Not milk us for every %@%# penny we have.

Very well said @dkarski87, my sentiments exactly! This is beyond unethical they lack a soul. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    How’s that popcorn coming along BPF?
    Im not a fan of popcorn, but if anyone is making nachos ill take some of those. Im not sour or bitter, I just want them to do the right thing for a change. Especially with everyone going on right now. Everyone is suffering, why not make a game that we can all enjoy. And dont get it wrong, Im just as guilty as anyone here for still giving them my money day in day out. But I enjoy the game, I enjoy the people, I like talking trash with my club mates and the feeling across the board is the same for everyone. Its a tough time for everyone unless your name is Cove and just throw endless $$ at it. Im not knocking him either, really nice guy that Ive had the pleasure to talk and play with. 

Bottom line is GLU needs to listen because the way things are now not many people will want to play much longer. And I personally really do enjoy playing and that's why I keep spending. Will people stop spending if you make it more reasonable? Absolutely not, probably the opposite effect. The reason most of us degenerates are here playing this game because it really is a great game and concept. Heck most here have been playing since Tap started.

Anyways, everyone enjoy the day.
    – The Great Houmy
    edited April 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    Im not a fan of popcorn, but if anyone is making nachos ill take some of those. Im not sour or bitter, I just want them to do the right thing for a change. Especially with everyone going on right now. Everyone is suffering, why not make a game that we can all enjoy. And dont get it wrong, Im just as guilty as anyone here for still giving them my money day in day out. But I enjoy the game, I enjoy the people, I like talking trash with my club mates and the feeling across the board is the same for everyone. Its a tough time for everyone unless your name is Cove and just throw endless $$ at it. Im not knocking him either, really nice guy that Ive had the pleasure to talk and play with. 

Bottom line is GLU needs to listen because the way things are now not many people will want to play much longer. And I personally really do enjoy playing and that's why I keep spending. Will people stop spending if you make it more reasonable? Absolutely not, probably the opposite effect. The reason most of us degenerates are here playing this game because it really is a great game and concept. Heck most here have been playing since Tap started.

Anyways, everyone enjoy the day.
    If you are gonna talk about nachos save that for the end of the post. I had a hard time focusing after thinking about nachos 

I think I started in 2015 with TSB. When I think about how much has changed since then it blows my mind. When you think about it, the game has actually become much more favorable for those who spend. The specials tab where you can get the gold you used to buy on its own now comes with other perks. I got the $10 deal this weekend for the 1500 gold and 180 bonus games because I know I’m going diamond at some point and will want a stash of those. A few years ago, $10 would only get you 880 gold. 
    We need @Houmy back, I miss him dearly.
    – The Great Houmy
  • NotTodayNotToday Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I am just amazed how well DK’s spelling has gotten. Is he using this extra time off to practice?  😁
    NotToday said:
    I am just amazed how well DK’s spelling has gotten. Is he using this extra time off to practice?  😁
    crap I haven’t even noticed. I haven’t been able to give him grief over grammatical errors in his posts for a long time now. 

He has to be using a scribe right?
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I enjoy the game as well and have spent far more hours I care to comment on. Fact is, game is impossible at silver (where I currently am) and i don’t want to get into an resource crunch this early for players who aren’t worth anything. I don’t expect to win BG or long prime streaks but WOH is absurd right now, which means it’s going to get way harder probably. I went from spending hours a day playing to really not much now. Like @dkarski87 i obviously really enjoy the game having played now my 4th season, been a Vip since the program came out. But this weekend I took 60 bucks and bought MLB the Show instead. I won’t quit TSB but i am certainly playing and spending less, much much less. If WOH ever becomes reasonable again, at silver, someone tag me and I’ll give it a try. 
    Even gold is getting bad, I hate to say it but looks like Plat is the new gold this year. I already play plat teams non stop in prime games and I have about 3100 GP total. Its absurd they want you to level up so fast based on GP. When you can even win those games to advance.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Even gold is getting bad, I hate to say it but looks like Plat is the new gold this year. I already play plat teams non stop in prime games and I have about 3100 GP total. Its absurd they want you to level up so fast based on GP. When you can even win those games to advance.
    Plat being the new gold wouldn’t surprise me if the developers found a way and made that happen. It’s the way to make people use more resources without being diamond. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I mean I expect to lose BG and not be able to streak at silver/gold, especially this early. But it’s the fact they have made WOH impossible at Silver. Not just level 5 either. I’ve gotten out of level 3 1 time this year. So I don’t even bother. On top of that we have the Gary Sanchez issue with little to no compensation, the cvc sub issue among other things. As you said. We have time and a lot have less money right now so just pissing people off doesn’t seem like a smart strategy at this point. I’m bought a different video for the first time in 2+ years because of it. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The Sanchez thing bothers me for a different reason.   Obviously there is no excuse for a bait and switch with the set on Thursday.
    However he is head and shoulders above anyone else in the power department.   This plays a huge role in the Home Run battles, which have become a big thing this year.   The most appealing thing about them was they required skill and not so much a pay to play thing.  Granted you still have to be able to time and flush 10 homers even with Sanchez.   But the point is that I think this could potentially set a dangerous precedent.   If battles and slugfest turn into something where the top tier guys are only available for purchase, it will put a big damper on the game for me.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Plat being the new gold wouldn’t surprise me if the developers found a way and made that happen. It’s the way to make people use more resources without being diamond. 
    Top guy in our club just went diamond because was tired of losing in plat so there you go. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    At this point, I think there are numerous things in 20 that would suggest that no, no accountability system exists.
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    They are not accountable  it is your wifi
    CS response to unknown solutions- 

-Check WiFi
    -We have forwarded your concern to the dev team
    -We are simply gonna close your ticket
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Call y’all at least let me pop the popcorn first. Just got done with church at home. Gotta give a brother time to get ready for this kinda stuff 
    You're doing it wrong. Always pop the popcorn after the music is over and enjoy it during the sermon. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I'm gonna be "that guy" for a minute. You know, the one that posts in a forum of a game they're not playing claiming some level of enlightenment that has helped them move on from the shame that is grinding TSB. I could come in here and say I'm just done with all this. I built the team I wanted in 19 and that's where it ends for me without even considering the motivations of Glu. A couple good points have been made in this thread which point to things we should all already know about how Glu makes changes.

But the real reason, I think, is that it just isn't fun for the amount of time that will be required to get back to where I was in 19. I just don't have it in me regardless of the circumstances. And if I'm totally honest that makes me kind of sad cause it was an enjoyable experience most times. I'm still content grinding bg's and tourney in 19 even with Monday WOH in it's current state. Partly because I like it and have still some personal goals to achieve and also partly out of spite.

As far as what is happening in 19 I think we need to take a step back and consider that there actually are real people that flip switches and mash buttons at Glu and the possibility that maybe some of them either aren't working as much or have actually gotten sick is very real. I'm near 100% sure it's a manual process in some fashion to convert Monday's WoH to HoF since weekend Royale became a thing and there are various reasons why it hasn't switched back. Bottom line, you make your own fun and if it crosses a line where that is no longer an option then moving on is the only solution. If you can't...well that's a different conversation most of us aren't qualified to have.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Will GLU be held to accountability? That's for you to decide. You hold them accountable when you quit spending money on their game, or quit playing their game and watching their sponsor's videos.
    Everything else is just whiney crap.
    If you feel you are getting screwed. Delete the app. Seems pretty black and white to me.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    So psyched for today, only 5 franchise coins for Dickerson today!!! Also my starting rotation will look sick with wheeler in it. I just need Gregorious to complete the top 2 sets....he’s only 40k gold a bargain. Thanks glu keep up the great work, you guys are amazing!!!! If anyone is interested I will be giving out handy’s for gifts....
    😳😳😳
    You’re gonna put Pujols out of business Whammo!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020
    *in line for whammo's handy*
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Screw it, I’m in too...
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Lmao
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    perhaps its time to invoke @LonzoBallin 's name as well...he myself and many others were here back in the day's of Yor..and can also lend creedance to what is said here. the game has changed and honestly if you rate these scumbags low enough on the app store they will be removed...it takes a lot but will be done. When the fun is removed and it becomes a chore..maybe indeed its time to delete.  
    My review in the appstore.

I used to love this game. But the developer, Glu has taken screwing their customers to an all new level. 

Buggy software heck yes. Let’s publish it

Horrible customer service that lies to its game base and treats them crappy. Let’s publish it.

Crummy Boxes with worthless players that you will pull sometimes 10-11 times in a row 

Let’s publish it. 

Players that cheat and glitch their way to unbeatable heights ...let’s publish it. (DFBB)

Unplayable game modes with difficulty ratchets up so high that legitimate teams that spent actual money on the game can’t even enjoy playing it?  Let’s publish it. 

Zero value for the money spent. Hell yes Let's PubIish it.

I regret putting any money into it.  

Glu can have it. 

My 2 cents worth...i know shots fired at a guys here but I never was one to make friends here and the ones I am friends with know who they are and feel exactly the same god damned way I do about this

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Players that cheat and glitch their way to unbeatable heights ...let’s publish it. (DFBB)
    Honest question...is this a troll or do you really believe this?