TSB Legend Al Kaline

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
Senseless.  85.

Comments

• iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Darn.
    He was my highest rated TSB 2019 player. I watched him on home run derby the other day against Hank Aaron.
    He seemed like a nice dude. My grandpa watched him play in person at a game in Kansas City (Tigers vs A's). That's when the A's were still in KC.

obit
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29001986/hall-fame-outfielder-detroit-tigers-legend-al-kaline-dies-85

home run derby episode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhZLtsEPjyo
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    True legend here in michigan 🙁
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Mr Tiger
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Senseless.  85.
    I’m not sure what you’re talking about. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I don't understand the "senseless" statement 🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Maybe there’s something to Monte’s comment. Could have something to do with the number 85. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Maybe there’s something to Monte’s comment. Could have something to do with the number 85. 

He was 85 when he passed away.  This virus is just a bitch.  Just so senseless.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    RIP
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    He was 85 years old, recently had a stroke, and the cause of death hasn't been released. 🧐 I know I'm insensitive with these things, but an 85 year old with a recent stroke makes a lot of sense to me 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I drove to the other side of the state for a free signing he did annually for his buddies car dealership... he was genuinely nice, made everyone wait a little bit longer when a kid would be in front of him as he made sure he would chat with the youngin for a bit more than "hi, let me sign something for you, k bye". He loved talking to them about baseball and their passions.  I would hear others talking about his personality while we waited forever, and it seemed this was his status quo in every event he did.

I have some memorabilia in my office from other athlete signings, his always stands out. Glad I have a ball with his name on it in my office.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I think he meant it was senseless that Glu didn’t give us a new sticker to commemorate the great Al Kaline. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited April 2020
    He was 85 years old, recently had a stroke, and the cause of death hasn't been released. 🧐 I know I'm insensitive with these things, but an 85 year old with a recent stroke makes a lot of sense to me 🤷🏻‍♂️
    We....lost a lot of good men out there....

Gone but not forgotten, AK!!!